Tokyo Electron America Reviews

Hiroshi Takenaka

1. Great Place!

Former Employee - Assistant in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Assistant in Austin, TX

I worked at Tokyo Electron America (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome People, great place to work.

Cons

things tend to take a while to get done.

2. Which incompetent Manager is driving this Field Service Clown Car???

Current Employee - Field Service Engineer in Boise, ID
    Current Employee - Field Service Engineer in Boise, ID

I have been working at Tokyo Electron America full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

-There are some amazingly skilled people in many departments, and at the lower levels of TEA. -Pay is decent (not sure of the competition's pay scale) -Its great to be at the ground floor- helping the customer with leading edge technology- you're welcome for your faster smart-phone :) -I keep hearing headquarters in Austin is a great place to work- I don't know for sure.

Cons

Field Service management (especially Boise office)- is a joke. They have mastered the art of Politics, but have no leadership/managerial qualities. Upper management believes all customers/offices are the same (they aren't)- and pass down policies based on the biggest customer- and make all offices follow the same guidelines, WHICH IS IMPOSSIBLE.. Local Boise management is clueless- and is basically only there because he's a "buddy" and is no threat to the manager above him. None of the managers in the Central region have any leadership/managerial skills- its obviously a case of the "good ol' boys club. ---The biggest problem isn't so much they are "over their head"(which they definitely are)- its the fact that we keep asking to help change the policies to fit our customers- but management is so arrogant, they won't listen... Overconfident idiots... -Especially in Boise- if you're not management's buddy- you have no hope of advancement- or any hope of recieving important projects. Those are already handed out to buddies, regardless of their technical abilities. -Not only is management continuing to hire buddies. They are placing them in positions to try to advance their career, to the detriment of the other workers. One example- recent buddy (who probably cannot count to ten without help)- is in charge of safety in Boise. Basically- everyone's safety is now risked- only so the boss's buddy can have more job security. It's a scary situation- I won't listen to him on ANY safety issue. -------------Now that the AMAT merger failed, many, many people feel trapped with these idiots and morale is EXTREMELY low. It wasn't great to start with--- but many were hoping AMAT would "clean house" and install productive, business-like managers in at least some places... Sadly, the merger fell through... Nothing but "doom and gloom" around the office now...

Advice to Management

Please resign. Many people are working at TEA because they love technology and being productive. You are creating a "hostile work environment" because not only are you inefficient- you don't listen to your people who are actually trying to improve things. You are getting in the way, only for your own self-interest. Meanwhile, you are making it a horrible place to work for productive people who take pride in their work.

Field Service Engineer

Current Employee - FSE
    Current Employee - FSE

I have been working at Tokyo Electron America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Not a bad company to work for

Cons

12 hour days are to long

Advice to Management

No advice for upper managment

5. glassdoor

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

Salary is fair for the industry.

Cons

way too much middle management

6. Administrative Assistant

I worked at Tokyo Electron America full-time

Pros

Company does a great job of living up to its strong corporate social responsibilities. The company values youth and innovation, but in no way dismisses the value and contribution of its experienced members. I was proud to work for this company.

Cons

Although the fact the company is succeeding at overcoming the notion that it does not promote its well-qualified female leaders is a pro, the fact the stigma ever existed at all was a blight.

Advice to Management

Continue to vet for and hire employees who uphold the company's high moral and ethical values so trust is maintained in its leadership.

Look elsewhere terrible company to work for.

Current Employee - Field Service Engineer in Oregon City, OR
    Current Employee - Field Service Engineer in Oregon City, OR

I have been working at Tokyo Electron America full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Here is my pro advice to whom it may concern, because I don't lie and the management at TEL knew it. I believe everyone deserves the benefit of a doubt. With that said I would encourage anyone to go to work for this company. I'm either wrong or right. I'm not concerned, I know I'm right. The place is not a nice place to work, here's a quote from a manger "I'm a nice guy really." Really? You need to tell people this or should one be able to decide for themselves. This person in question is pathetic and needs psychiatric help.

Cons

It's an uphill battle every day all day, The work environment is horrible. I would describe it like climbing Mount Everest dressed in flip-flops, shorts, and a tank top. I actually am a mountain climber. I rather climb the Devils Tower without a net then work for Tokyo electron.

Advice to Management

It's a waste of time to write advice, the management don't care or listen.

Field Service Engineer

Former Employee - Field Service Engineer III
    Former Employee - Field Service Engineer III

Pros

Generous company, management is supportive, opportunities to work in many places around the country and world.

Cons

Some declining market locations. May need to relocate if your area is softening.

9. TEA review

I have been working at Tokyo Electron America full-time

Pros

The field service support group is world class and tools are well made

Cons

Middle Management has to many levels and does not encourage a team mentality.

Good company.

Pros

4 days on 4 days off 3 days on 3 days off. Alternates every week between those work days. 12 hour shifts.

Cons

Pay is not the best. No overtime.

TEA used to be a good place to work

Former Employee - Field Service Engineer III in Albany, NY
    Former Employee - Field Service Engineer III in Albany, NY

I worked at Tokyo Electron America full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Machines are manufactured in Japan, "So they are well made and easy to work on.

Cons

After 10 years I've seen employees come and go, but those micro-managers seem to stick around for ages. Field service could use more individual training, Job tasks are not defined for new employees, lots of finger pointing by all sides (management, tech support, Field service). Disorganized place to work. Medical benefits costs rise 20% yearly.

Advice to Management

Less micro-managing and develop organizational skills, no finger pointing, work to develop a team mentality where everyone supports each other. Buying lunch for the team promotes a sense of belonging to the team and appreciation. Pay is not equal to others in the industry.

RSS Feed </> Embed