Toll Brothers

Be The First To
Add Photos

Toll Brothers CEO Douglas C. Yearley, Jr

Douglas C. Yearley, Jr

Pros:
  • "The company has great people to work with and great benefits"
    in 3 reviews
  • "The best part of working there was project reviews, when we had the opportunity to speak directly with senior management"
    in 3 reviews
Cons:
  • "mandatory to work every weekend, safety in model home, long hours, lack of fair compensation"
    in 6 reviews
  • "Employees undermine each other, and upper management does nothing to create a healthier work environment"
    in 6 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Think Twice........

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBased on my experiences I would recommend investing in this company. Pay is decent but not commensurate with workload. Well established company. There are and have been some really great people that have worked with the company, but most of the really good ones find a way to leave before too long.

ConsThe company really could care less about their people and make it very clear that everyone is replaceable. If you have a young family, it can be a real challenge for you and your loved ones. High stress environment. Although things have turned for the better since the housing downturn, they are still running on bare bones from a staffing perspective. As a result, things get missed and continue to get missed until it has to go to Senior Management, and then, after they have burn out their people, the swoop in and try and help. They are a very reactive versus proactive company.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt may be time to start filling more of those positions that were eliminated back in 2007 & 2008......

Good, but slow moving

Summer Analyst (Former Employee)

ProsOverall the people were great. Managers are welcoming and very capable. Questions are welcome. Full-time employees can register to reserve vacation days at company luxury vacation homes in many cities around the country.

ConsOffices are very spare in an anonymous office park. IT hardware and software is very outdated, frequent down times. Decisions are typically made quite slowly. Employment may not be stable as luxury home development is highly driven by the economic climate.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire a consultant to streamline business process, modernize IT and sales offices.

Golf Club

Cart Attendant (Former Employee)
    Parkland, FL

ProsCamaraderie, freedom to do your work by yourself without supervisors breathing down your neck.

ConsVery anal, golfers can be pissy

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Construction Manager

Construction Manager (Former Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsThe company has great people to work with and great benefits.

ConsThe company needs to update there scheduling systems and constantly continue training.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust a reminder to share the wealth and knowledge with the staff.

Mortgage Loan Specialist

Mortgage (Former Employee)
    Scottsdale, AZ

ProsLet me start out by saying this is a review of TBI Mortgage, a subsidiary of Toll Brothers

Autonomy, no one is over you neck seeing what you are doing and monitoring every phone call that you make.

ConsThey completely lie to your face regarding compensation and pay. Multiple people were told they would make over $100k. DO NOT BELIEVE THEM! At best you can make $60k all the while being constantly stressed. They do not give you the resources nor the support to be successful. They will give you a pipeline of 80 loans and then tell reprimanded you for not "speaking with costumers". I have worked at 2 different banks and one broker shop since the new regulation of 2008 and this is the lowest paying company in the industry. You make $100 per loan....let me say that again you will make $100 per loan that you close. If you are lucky you will have 2 team members who can do the same and then you can make $300 dollars. They dangle other bonuses you can earn and give a base salary that a librarian can make and then tell you that you are being properly compensated. This place is a joke I am so glad I left and I hope anyone out there stays clear away. This company lies and you will be stuck in someone else's mess and then get yelled at for not being able to clean it up.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf I was Toll Brothers Senior Management I would scratch the entire mortgage company and place their faith in another reputable bank who can actually deliver. I am sure TBI Mortgage drains their bottom line and is absolutely wasting shareholders money.

Difficult company to work for at times

ProsThey are a leader in the industry.

ConsSabotage themselves by opening communities that compete against one another.

Great Job

ProsCaring company, great reputaion, excellent working conditions

Consreally can't think of any..for me..location

Advice to Senior Managementcarry on!

Terrible Place to Work - Don't Accept a Job Offer!!

Property Manager (Former Employee)
    Horsham, PA

ProsThere were a few nice co-workers.

ConsI was a property manager at Dreshertowne in Horsham, PA, and I accepted this position after ten years with another organization. You feel as though you must walk on eggshells around everyone, because there is so much gossip and ill--will amongst employees, who should be working together as a team. Employees undermine each other, and upper management does nothing to create a healthier work environment. Additionally, upper management is very unreasonable with work load, way too demanding and hard on their employees. They are not knowledgeable about the day-to-day operation, and spend way too much time nitpicking every little detail, in the midst, loosing the big picture. Regional manager, who is new, instead of working with the property manager, constantly undermined her. Nasty comments They have no respect for their employees or their customers. If you have other options for employment, go for it, but, whatever you do, do not work for Dreshertowne in Horsham / Toll Management. Horrible!

Advice to Senior ManagementFire Yourselves and Start Over! Eventually your business will deteriorate because of how you treat your employees and your customers.

Like Walmart, its just a matter of time before everyone knows the truth

Sales Manager (Former Employee)

Prosgood training, nice work place, met nice people, good benefits

ConsThey don't pay well so turnover is far too high resulting in errors and mistakes. Construction is awful, company culture is ill. Its just a matter of time before the company crashes because they cant keep good employees

Advice to Senior ManagementStop hiring the cheapest contractors it doesn't work. Change your bonus structure because it is barbaric. Pay your sales people so they want to work. Read your reviews and compare to other builders and ask yourself the question why is everyone saying the same thing?

Toll Brothers -- A Great Opportunity

Senior Project Manager (Former Employee)
    San Ramon, CA

ProsProject Managers have a great deal of control of their projects along with great regional support

ConsAlthough they professed otherwise, they too were vulnerable to economic downturns just like everyone else.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore general and project specific market and financial feasibility evaluations needed before land purchase and project commitments.

Worked for Toll Brothers? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Toll Brothers reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Toll Brothers CEO Douglas C. Yearley, Jr. All 67 reviews posted anonymously by Toll Brothers employees.