Toll Brothers

Be The First To
Add Photos

Toll Brothers CEO Douglas C. Yearley, Jr

Douglas C. Yearley, Jr

Pros:
  • "The best part of working there was project reviews, when we had the opportunity to speak directly with senior management"
    in 3 reviews
  • "Toll gives you a great experience in learning all multifaceted task in the real estate industry"
    in 5 reviews
Cons:
  • "mandatory to work every weekend, safety in model home, long hours, lack of fair compensation"
    in 6 reviews
  • "Employees undermine each other, and upper management does nothing to create a healthier work environment"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Like Walmart, its just a matter of time before everyone knows the truth

Sales Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Toll Brothers full-time for more than 3 years

Prosgood training, nice work place, met nice people, good benefits

ConsThey don't pay well so turnover is far too high resulting in errors and mistakes. Construction is awful, company culture is ill. Its just a matter of time before the company crashes because they cant keep good employees

Advice to Senior ManagementStop hiring the cheapest contractors it doesn't work. Change your bonus structure because it is barbaric. Pay your sales people so they want to work. Read your reviews and compare to other builders and ask yourself the question why is everyone saying the same thing?

Challenging Work, Antiquated Work Environment

I worked at Toll Brothers full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFocus is on work produced, not time in office. Co-workers are friendly and co-operative. Opportunities to work w/ cutting edge technology.

ConsPoor physical work facilities. Little opportunity for upward mobility & job growth, largely based on time with company.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove work facilities. Provide opportunities for career growth.

Worst Company Ever!

Financial Analyst (Current Employee)
Horsham, PA

I have been working at Toll Brothers full-time for more than a year

ProsPeople are generally friendly. Its nice to have a cafeteria in the building with friendly staff.

ConsActual position is completely different than the role advertised. Toll Brothers is not operationally effective. More time is spent shuffling papers than working on acquisitions or any value added activities. Group leaders do not care about their employees well-being and promotions are not based on performance. Everything is based on finding the cheapest "solution". The corporate office is a horrible building.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in technology. So much time and effort is wasted dealing with operational inefficiencies. Compensate employees for good performance. High employee turnover is difficult to work with and causes the best employees to find other jobs.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

This was one of the worst experiences.

I have been working at Toll Brothers full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThere are limited pros to this company that I was able to see during my time of employment.
If I had to choose one pro there were several associates who I did enjoy working with.

ConsThis is a large company and they appear to be only focused on the bottom line and not customer service or employee satisfaction. The upper management here is quick to pass the blame and hire managers who do not have any experience in the field and have questionable judgment.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would recommend that HR be more involved and offer a safe place to voice concerns where an employee can have no fear of retaliation.

ANTIQUATED!

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
Upper Marlboro, MD

I have been working at Toll Brothers full-time for more than a year

ProsBeautiful enviroment although noone is happy! The company sets the stage for employees to be competitive and backstabbing because they fear for their jobs!!

ConsWalmart business ethic! Nonone is valuable to them. You are replaceable! Do t hink you are not. Continue to look for a job while employed with Toll Bros, they have a high turnover rate.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou ALL NEED DIVERSITY TRAINING!!!

a cog in a very large and efficient machine.

Studio Associate II (Current Employee)
Horsham, PA

I have been working at Toll Brothers full-time for less than a year

ProsIn Toll Architecture, the work environment at corporate is very good. They take care of their employees, there is a lot of firm culture, and there is plenty of room to grow to some degree.

They really support young staff to pursue professional registration.

Consyou are essentially pushing out a product that you will never see again. you are also a part of a very long assembly line, just upstream from the TIS facility.

Also, the "third floor" only cares about numbers. There is some new stuff happening, but its slow and regurgitated.

Up's and Down's with Toll Brothers

I worked at Toll Brothers full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFor the most part, the homeowners, office staff and construction staff are good to work with.

ConsUpper management doesn't have good people skills and can be much too demanding most of the time. * hours is not enough...10 hours is not enough...12 hours is not enough. Always want more than you can give. That's why many very good managers and other staff have left.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe kinder and gentler to your quality staff members, regardless of which area they work in. Yes, you CAN always hire new people, but retaining your current staff who are good at what they do should be your priority, and when I worked for Toll, that was not an option. Now however, I understand all the nasty upper management have either left or were asked to leave. THAT is a good thing.....too bad I no longer live by Toll Brother communities or I would love to go back to work for them.

Best of the bunch

I have been working at Toll Brothers full-time

ProsGood company to work for with dedicated and smart management

ConsCompensation lags a little behind competitors

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more people

Great Members, Good Managers, and Poor Pay

I worked at Toll Brothers part-time

ProsMembers of the club treat the staff very well. The tips help to make the pay more reasonable, and management is flexible with hours.

ConsThe hourly rate is more than most servers make, but Toll Bros charges a service charge on all checks, which doesn't go to the servers. 12 hour shifts are the norm, and breaks are few and far between.

My experience fit the Job Description

I have been working at Toll Brothers

ProsPleasant environment to work in.

ConsNone that I can think of

Worked for Toll Brothers? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Toll Brothers reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Toll Brothers CEO Douglas C. Yearley, Jr. All 57 reviews posted anonymously by Toll Brothers employees.