Toll Brothers

Updated February 25, 2015
3.3

Toll Brothers CEO Douglas C. Yearley, Jr
Douglas C. Yearley, Jr

Pros
  • The best part of working there was project reviews, when we had the opportunity to speak directly with senior management (in 5 reviews)

• The company has great people to work with and great benefits (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Employees undermine each other, and upper management does nothing to create a healthier work environment (in 7 reviews)

• mandatory to work every weekend, safety in model home, long hours, lack of fair compensation (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

The perfect job.

I have been working at Toll Brothers

Pros

I love the environment, people

Cons

I have no cons about Toll

None

TBI Mortgage

Former Employee - Underwriter in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Underwriter in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Toll Brothers full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Different than all the other Mortgage shops I’ve worked at. Since I was in the corporate office, I had the other departments on site with me. Made my life a lot easier with LO’s, Processors, and Closers all on site. It’s constantly busy, which makes for a fast day. Be prepared to work hard. Perhaps what was best, was knowing how stable the company was. About the only shop I’ve been at that didn’t have layoffs.

Cons

- We didn't have a digital paperless system- but that was changing when I left
    - October was very long days (year end, but received OT)

Great Company

Current Employee - Not Sharing in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Not Sharing in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Toll Brothers full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Company does a great job communicating, most people are left to do their job no micro management going on. I never feel pressured or stress, I have no trouble leaving work on time most days. Love he company!

Cons

Office filled with women, they tend to be petty. Company is really behind in technology and processes could improve a great deal. Wish they had an HR person locally.

None at tis time

Toll is the real deal.

Current Employee - Project Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Toll Brothers full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I love working for a Company that just gets it. "Toll treats employees like adults and trust them to do the job you hired them to do". This is an environment that people can excel and shine. A Great Place to Work.

Cons

We should have more meet and greets. We are growing so fast that it is hard to get to know everyone.

A Great Place to Call Home!

I have been working at Toll Brothers full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Excellent employees/coworkers, management is very understanding and has great guidance, benefits are fantastic, the quality of the product is at the of the industry. We are rated financially sound by Forbes, are winning" Builder of the Year" awards as well as "Great Places to Work" awards.

Cons

No cons that I can think of.

Keep up the good work.

Toll Brothers has the spirit of teamwork paired with strong leadership support

Current Employee - Anonymous in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Toll Brothers full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I've been with Toll Brothers for almost 10 years. I feel like I've built trusting and collaborative relationships with my peers and senior management that makes coming to work feel more like coming to see my friends and business partners. Toll provides a lot of autonomy in most cases. I've had the opportunity to take on additional responsibilities over the years along with a promotion. My manager has always been supportive when I've needed time off and I feel a work-life balance is respected here.

Cons

No company is perfect as we're all human but from my experience, the employees and management at Toll have the best intentions and we want to see each other succeed. I've seen countless employees get promoted here as a result of their hard work, many started in entry level positions and are now in senior management roles. It seems that Toll is competitive with their compensation plans, plus we have some fun perks like use of Toll Brothers vacation homes, I've stayed in a few myself and it's quite an experience.

Great Company to work for

I have been working at Toll Brothers full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I have been with the company over 8 years and I have enjoyed every year of it! The company, even as large as it has grown has still held to its entrepreneurial roots. Which creates an atmosphere of opportunity an accountability. The company and it leadership wants to find new ways to grow the company and create new opportunities for employees to move in different directions in their career if they wish and the time is right. Senior management is open to new ideas and will listen to its employees that are seeing things day to day. They want you to succeed because that is how the company will do better overall. You feel like a partner with management that the better the company does is a direct result of us all working together.

Cons

The company has improved a lot over the years with embracing technology and I think could continue to improve in this area.

Keep up the push for communication with all employees. This has improved and the more communication employees get, makes us fell more a part of the success that the company is having.

Great Company, Excellent Benes, Beautiful Product, Good People

I have been working at Toll Brothers full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Customer and employee focused. Everyone in the company is on a first name basis, giving the company more of a family feel to it. Benefits are equal to or better than any of the other major corporations where I've worked. Personal time off is good, medical benes are better than most, company vacations homes are awesome, training programs, company outings, and pages of company perks and discounts through our vendors.

Cons

Work-life balance can heavily favor the work side if you let it...just like any other job. There are great promotional opportunities for some groups, but not enough for others. Toll Brothers runs a lean organization which means reacting to hiring needs sometimes leaving current staff short handed during key growth periods.

Love the company, the product, and the people. We do a great job of keeping the company's future in mind and making business decisions accordingly, but additional focus on employee growth and retention could go a long way.

Toll Brothers is a GREAT company to work for where hard work pays off.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Horsham, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Horsham, PA

I have been working at Toll Brothers full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Stable
    Family Culture
    Growth
    Benefits/401K w/ a match
    Bonuses

Cons

Busy and growing so it can get hectic...not really a bad thing though!

Keep promoting from within!

The best company in its industry - great future potential

Current Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Toll Brothers full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The company has a solid reputation for building a great product. They offer excellent benefits. One benefit that is truly unique is that they have many guesthouses - fabulous luxury guesthouses in resort destinations - that employees can use to vacation in. The leadership is very competent! Salaries are fair and given the projected growth, there should be good promotion opportunity over the next 5 years or so.

Cons

The industry took a big downturn over the last 7 years and many were laid off. But, many of those laid off have been hired back.

Keep looking for ways to get better and better.