Toll Brothers

Be The First To
Add Photos

Toll Brothers CEO Douglas C. Yearley, Jr

Douglas C. Yearley, Jr

Pros:
  • "The company has great people to work with and great benefits"
    in 3 reviews
  • "The best part of working there was project reviews, when we had the opportunity to speak directly with senior management"
    in 3 reviews
Cons:
  • "mandatory to work every weekend, safety in model home, long hours, lack of fair compensation"
    in 6 reviews
  • "Employees undermine each other, and upper management does nothing to create a healthier work environment"
    in 6 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great company

Horsham, PA

ProsTalk about a company that gives back. Very impressed with corporate culture and the way employees are valued. A fairly forward thinking company for being over 40 years old.

ConsUnfortunately not everyone can afford a Toll Home, they make a great product.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to hire great people, you can train skill, you cannot train personality and determination.

Construction Manager

Construction Manager (Former Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsThe company has great people to work with and great benefits.

ConsThe company needs to update there scheduling systems and constantly continue training.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust a reminder to share the wealth and knowledge with the staff.

Great Job

ProsCaring company, great reputaion, excellent working conditions

Consreally can't think of any..for me..location

Advice to Senior Managementcarry on!

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Toll Brothers -- A Great Opportunity

Senior Project Manager (Former Employee)
    San Ramon, CA

ProsProject Managers have a great deal of control of their projects along with great regional support

ConsAlthough they professed otherwise, they too were vulnerable to economic downturns just like everyone else.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore general and project specific market and financial feasibility evaluations needed before land purchase and project commitments.

Toll Brothers

Business Analyst (Former Employee)

ProsGreat IT co workers.
    Dedicated employees.

ConsUnrealistic time line for projects.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

good

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosit was ok to work there

Consworked weekends. long hours without overtime

Advice to Senior Managementnone

The Best Home Builder in America

Advertising/Marketing/Graphics Coordinator (Current Employee)
    Horsham, PA

ProsGreat perks like the guest houses across the country; exceptional management team; solid business model; financial strong and stable company - employees feel confident about the product and the legacy we are all creating together.

ConsToo much paper work and forms; need to streamline / convert to electronic when possible; Need to streamline the paperwork and all the procedures - seems like the procedures in place benefit the main office staffs rather than the field staff and frankly they are our front line and we need to do everything we can to free them up so they can focus on converting sales and providing first-class service. After all, the field teams are the only ones that deal directly with the customer - NOT The main office staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet out in the field more - spend a weekend or 2 or 3 in a sales office or in the field negotiating contracts with the trades and inspecting quality; seems like sometimes upper management provides advice based on their own past experiences which tend to have been 10 or so years ago or longer. Times have changed...

If you can sell quality and luxury, this is the company for you!

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
    San Jose, CA

Pros1. From top leadership to peers, these are people of integrity and of high ethical standard: You will feel good about selling these homes because you know that these people will do right by your future homeowners during and after the home buying process.

2. Senior management listens to Sales for market feedback and they take immediate action according to that market condition.

3. Plus Toll Brothers' homes are one of the highest quality homes... as products, these are one of the best products that you can sell in residential construction.

ConsA lot of paperwork. There are many protocols to follow (I guess for your own protection, but...). And sometimes people tend to do things certain way not knowing why, just because that's the way it has been.

Advice to Senior ManagementLove your philosophy of integrity and high ethical standard! And love that I am being heard. Now, if you could just approve new, faster computer (preferably tablet PCs so that we can save papers and time) and faster copiers... hahaha.

Good experience

Proslove the exercise and the food

Consno cons , nothing, everything was nice

Good, but slow moving

Summer Analyst (Former Employee)

ProsOverall the people were great. Managers are welcoming and very capable. Questions are welcome. Full-time employees can register to reserve vacation days at company luxury vacation homes in many cities around the country.

ConsOffices are very spare in an anonymous office park. IT hardware and software is very outdated, frequent down times. Decisions are typically made quite slowly. Employment may not be stable as luxury home development is highly driven by the economic climate.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire a consultant to streamline business process, modernize IT and sales offices.

Worked for Toll Brothers? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Toll Brothers reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Toll Brothers CEO Douglas C. Yearley, Jr. All 68 reviews posted anonymously by Toll Brothers employees.