www.tollbrothers.com

Updated November 21, 2014
2.6

Toll Brothers CEO Douglas C. Yearley, Jr
Douglas C. Yearley, Jr

Pros
  • The best part of working there was project reviews, when we had the opportunity to speak directly with senior management (in 5 reviews)

• The company has great people to work with and great benefits (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Employees undermine each other, and upper management does nothing to create a healthier work environment (in 7 reviews)

• mandatory to work every weekend, safety in model home, long hours, lack of fair compensation (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Does not care about people at all

Former Employee - Site Manager in Lincoln Park, NJ
    Former Employee - Site Manager in Lincoln Park, NJ

I worked at Toll Brothers full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Cares only about making money. Uses poor quality materails and wants things done fast rather than well. Shows very little integrity in business dealings. Makes promises knowing they will break them.

Cons

Does not care about employees or customers. Cares only about its completely false image. Asks an awful lot of employuees but most get back very lilttle while the guys at the top make out swell.

Rethink your whole business model. start caring about quality, not just adding money to the company coffers. start treating employees as human beings with lives, not just as a means to making more money.

Think Twice........

I worked at Toll Brothers full-time

Pros

Based on my experiences I would recommend investing in this company. Pay is decent but not commensurate with workload. Well established company. There are and have been some really great people that have worked with the company, but most of the really good ones find a way to leave before too long.

Cons

The company really could care less about their people and make it very clear that everyone is replaceable. If you have a young family, it can be a real challenge for you and your loved ones. High stress environment. Although things have turned for the better since the housing downturn, they are still running on bare bones from a staffing perspective. As a result, things get missed and continue to get missed until it has to go to Senior Management, and then, after they have burn out their people, the swoop in and try and help. They are a very reactive versus proactive company.

It may be time to start filling more of those positions that were eliminated back in 2007 & 2008......

Good, but slow moving

Former Employee - Summer Analyst
    Former Employee - Summer Analyst

I worked at Toll Brothers as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Overall the people were great. Managers are welcoming and very capable. Questions are welcome. Full-time employees can register to reserve vacation days at company luxury vacation homes in many cities around the country.

Cons

Offices are very spare in an anonymous office park. IT hardware and software is very outdated, frequent down times. Decisions are typically made quite slowly. Employment may not be stable as luxury home development is highly driven by the economic climate.

Hire a consultant to streamline business process, modernize IT and sales offices.

Golf Club

Former Employee - Cart Attendant in Parkland, FL
    Former Employee - Cart Attendant in Parkland, FL

I worked at Toll Brothers part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Camaraderie, freedom to do your work by yourself without supervisors breathing down your neck.

Cons

Very anal, golfers can be pissy

Construction Manager

Former Employee - Construction Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Construction Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Toll Brothers full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The company has great people to work with and great benefits.

Cons

The company needs to update there scheduling systems and constantly continue training.

Just a reminder to share the wealth and knowledge with the staff.

Mortgage Loan Specialist

Former Employee - Mortgage in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Mortgage in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Toll Brothers full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Let me start out by saying this is a review of TBI Mortgage, a subsidiary of Toll Brothers

Autonomy, no one is over you neck seeing what you are doing and monitoring every phone call that you make.

Cons

They completely lie to your face regarding compensation and pay. Multiple people were told they would make over $100k. DO NOT BELIEVE THEM! At best you can make $60k all the while being constantly stressed. They do not give you the resources nor the support to be successful. They will give you a pipeline of 80 loans and then tell reprimanded you for not "speaking with costumers". I have worked at 2 different banks and one broker shop since the new regulation of 2008 and this is the lowest paying company in the industry. You make $100 per loan....let me say that again you will make $100 per loan that you close. If you are lucky you will have 2 team members who can do the same and then you can make $300 dollars. They dangle other bonuses you can earn and give a base salary that a librarian can make and then tell you that you are being properly compensated. This place is a joke I am so glad I left and I hope anyone out there stays clear away. This company lies and you will be stuck in someone else's mess and then get yelled at for not being able to clean it up.

If I was Toll Brothers Senior Management I would scratch the entire mortgage company and place their faith in another reputable bank who can actually deliver. I am sure TBI Mortgage drains their bottom line and is absolutely wasting shareholders money.

Difficult company to work for at times

I have been working at Toll Brothers

Pros

They are a leader in the industry.

Cons

Sabotage themselves by opening communities that compete against one another.

Great Job

I have been working at Toll Brothers full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Caring company, great reputaion, excellent working conditions

Cons

really can't think of any..for me..location

carry on!

Toll Brothers -- A
    Great Opportunity

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in San Ramon, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in San Ramon, CA

I worked at Toll Brothers full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Project Managers have a great deal of control of their projects along with great regional support

Cons

Although they professed otherwise, they too were vulnerable to economic downturns just like everyone else.

More general and project specific market and financial feasibility evaluations needed before land purchase and project commitments.

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Horsham, PA
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Horsham, PA

I worked at Toll Brothers full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great IT co workers.
    Dedicated employees.

Cons

Unrealistic time line for projects.