Toll Brothers

Updated August 11, 2014

2.6

Toll Brothers CEO Douglas C. Yearley, Jr
Douglas C. Yearley, Jr

Pros
  • The company has great people to work with and great benefits (in 3 reviews)

• The best part of working there was project reviews, when we had the opportunity to speak directly with senior management (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Employees undermine each other, and upper management does nothing to create a healthier work environment (in 7 reviews)

• mandatory to work every weekend, safety in model home, long hours, lack of fair compensation (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Toll Brothers provides the best training for our future Builders

Current Employee - Senior Management  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Management in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

You are given freedom to perform, there is not a doubt in my mind that this was the best experience I have obtained in my career. All employees are trained extensively in the the Toll method of doing business. I found that each "graduating class" of employees had a sense of belonging similar to that of a Fraternity or sorority, this contributes in my opinion to the success of the organization . Each team member understands the importance of our business model from the get go, time is not wasted on trying to figure out how the system worked.

Cons

Too many family members working there from Senior management, causing rift among remaining staff

Get back to your core strategy, Our project managers were the key to our success keep it that way. Time to start grooming the next generation of senior management current senior level is getting long in the tooth time to let go.

Robert I. Toll leads the way other builders should

Current Employee - Sales Manager  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Austin, TX

Pros

The fact that the company treats you like you run your own business. It's up to you how much you make, and up to you how you succeed or fail. I'm very happy with my job. I really haven't found negatives to this job. Maybe the fact that you sit in a model all day. I mean Real Estate as a whole is down, but Toll Brothers is awesome. Perhaps the fact that we are a little behind the 8 ball in terms of being a "green" builder. But for the most , this is a fantastic company for anyone wanting to work for a professional builder of dreams.

Cons

I really haven't found any yet, and I've been with them for a while. I mean Real Estate as a whole is down, but Toll Brothers is awesome. Perhaps the fact that we are a little behind the 8 ball in terms of being a "green" builder. But for the most , this is a fantastic company for anyone wanting to work for a professional builder of dreams.

None yet.

Toll Brothers is a great place to work.

Former Employee - Recruiting Specialist  in  Horsham, PA
    Former Employee - Recruiting Specialist in Horsham, PA

Pros

TBI is a well run company that is currently struggling due to economic parameters. However, the senior management makes every effort to make the company profitable in only ethical ways. Toll has a great reputation for creating a fantastic top quality product, and most people perk up when you tell them you work for Toll.

Cons

As with most large companies, salaries are on the lower side. Because of the size of Toll, there were glas ceilings in place making moving up the corporate ladder sometimes difficult.

The only thing I was disatisfied with at Toll was the level of compensation for the work required. So increasing pay would make the top performers more likely to stay in their employment.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The Best Home Builder in America

Current Employee - Advertising/Marketing/Graphics Coordinator  in  Horsham, PA
    Current Employee - Advertising/Marketing/Graphics Coordinator in Horsham, PA

Pros

Great perks like the guest houses across the country; exceptional management team; solid business model; financial strong and stable company - employees feel confident about the product and the legacy we are all creating together.

Cons

Too much paper work and forms; need to streamline / convert to electronic when possible; Need to streamline the paperwork and all the procedures - seems like the procedures in place benefit the main office staffs rather than the field staff and frankly they are our front line and we need to do everything we can to free them up so they can focus on converting sales and providing first-class service. After all, the field teams are the only ones that deal directly with the customer - NOT The main office staff.

Get out in the field more - spend a weekend or 2 or 3 in a sales office or in the field negotiating contracts with the trades and inspecting quality; seems like sometimes upper management provides advice based on their own past experiences which tend to have been 10 or so years ago or longer. Times have changed...

Management at Toll Brothers

Current Employee - IT Professional  in  Horsham, PA
    Current Employee - IT Professional in Horsham, PA

Pros

The department that I work in is understanding of family first. This is very important for someone such as myself that has young, school aged children.

Cons

Management, management and management. Upper management needs to understand the effects of technology on the business they manage. This is 2008 and we do not use pencil and paper anymore. They need to start respecting our jobs more.

Start respecting the people that keep the company running and keep up with new advances in technology in the field.

If you can sell quality and luxury, this is the company for you!

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Jose, CA

Pros

1. From top leadership to peers, these are people of integrity and of high ethical standard: You will feel good about selling these homes because you know that these people will do right by your future homeowners during and after the home buying process.

2. Senior management listens to Sales for market feedback and they take immediate action according to that market condition.

3. Plus Toll Brothers' homes are one of the highest quality homes... as products, these are one of the best products that you can sell in residential construction.

Cons

A lot of paperwork. There are many protocols to follow (I guess for your own protection, but...). And sometimes people tend to do things certain way not knowing why, just because that's the way it has been.

Love your philosophy of integrity and high ethical standard! And love that I am being heard. Now, if you could just approve new, faster computer (preferably tablet PCs so that we can save papers and time) and faster copiers... hahaha.

Okay

Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator
    Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator

Pros

I can definitely say that their benefits are better than other companies for sure. There are some perks for working there. We can get employee discounts for various things. They have flexible hours, which is a bonus.

Cons

Long hours and untrained HR staff when it comes to dealing with employee issues. Some staff are required to stay extra hours for the Monday night meetings which are unpaid.

Sales Associate - Toll Brothers

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

Pros

Quality well known company; well respected in the industry. Nice work environment, great Sales Managers to learn from.

Cons

mandatory to work every weekend, safety in model home, long hours, lack of fair compensation.

Good company to work for

Current Employee - Construction Manager
    Current Employee - Construction Manager

Pros

Great support from corporate and efficifent systems in place

Cons

Work place politics led to decision for lay-offs when housing crisis hit

Good experience - Terrible culture

Pros

Toll gives a great amount of responsibility

Cons

No training, no culture, very political, little opportunity for advancement.

Management should take the view employees will be the future of the company...not just slaves for the present.

Worked for Toll Brothers? Contribute to the Community!