Tommy Bahama

Tommy Bahama Reviews in Los Angeles, CA

Tommy Bahama CEO Terry R. Pillow

Terry R. Pillow

3 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Not a company to work for if you seek development

Floor Supervisor (Former Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Tommy Bahama full-time for less than a year

ProsDiscount on clothes. Worked at THE GROVE in Los Angeles which was always busy. Always busy so time flew by.

ConsManager hid upstairs and people on sales staff felt entitled to not have to work hard because they have been working there for so many years.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet your team change with the times. If your team is not performing you should either tell them they need to work harder or coach them out.

Was great, now this company is on a downhill slide

Floor Supervisor (Current Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Tommy Bahama full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat discount on clothes, good benefits. Thats about it.

ConsStore manager does not know how to communicate to team where there at or how to become better, hides upstairs never is on the floor. If a guest asks for her or needs assistant waits over 20 min to come and assist or makes an excuse to not help. New corporate management from Abercrombie has been hired, changing the entire culture of the company from paradise to having no life. There is no work life balance. Its become a limited brand company mentality do more with less.

Advice to Senior ManagementRethink what your doing to people. You dont work at the store level, you dont know what its like having to do these new processes and how its affecting peoples lively hoods. Everyone is going home unhappy after work. This has and will continue to reflect sales performance and customer experience. You are running this once great company into the ground.

The company itself is a great company to work for, the location I work for needs improvement.

I have been working at Tommy Bahama

ProsThe benefits the company provides its employees are fantastic for retail. The product is a pleasure to sell. The company discounts, they give you clothing to wear.

ConsThere has not been a raise the entire time I have worked for the company, not even a cost of living.
There is no acknowledgment for top sales people, just more expectations, more pressure for clienteleing. At least our location... The attitude of the store manager is "Anyone can be a great sales person." Because they believe the product sells itself. Which if you're in sales you know that's not true, the customer does like the product, but they can purchase it on line, they come into the store for the sales experience and that means seeing us- the sales person, and the relationship they have built with us. It's unfortunate if that, this person is representing the entire company's attitude towards it's sales staff, then they should shut its doors, and go strictly internet.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your employees. They are what drive and make the sales, they are closest to the product and the customer every day. They listen to and know what the customer wants. Stop dismissing your sales staff as a necessary evil. It would be nice if there wasn't such a hostile work environment that you were creating, if you are so unhappy at your job, than perhaps it's you that should leave and find another job, as you remind and inspire us so often at team meetings.

Worked for Tommy Bahama? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Tommy Bahama reviews and ratings in Los Angeles, CA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Tommy Bahama CEO Terry R. Pillow. All reviews posted anonymously by Tommy Bahama employees.