Tommy Bahama

Tommy Bahama Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014

Tommy Bahama CEO Terry R. Pillow

Terry R. Pillow

Pros
  • Work/life balance isn't just lip service, this company really wants you to enjoy life (in 9 reviews)

• Free clothing item with each new delivery (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Downside to this job was Upper Management was full of (in 7 reviews)

• You may find yourself living in Hawaii or some exotic place with a high cost of living (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Loved it!

Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) Lahaina, HI

ProsGreat company, products, policies. Room for growth, recognizes strengths. Fun environment, no stress. It's all about relax and they try to give that lifestyle to employees too. Great customers who love the product and appreciate the staff.

ConsCan get some really rude customers with high expectations, sometimes can be difficult if they get too out of hand. That was the worst part of it for me was doing everything I could to please a guest and them still being difficult.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone. They have a great thing going.

Great Place to Work!

ProsAwesome company! Growing fast so there is a lot of opportunity for upward mobility. Culture of the brand is laid back and rooted in positivity.

ConsRelocation is almost guaranteed in order to grow. This can slow your growth if you are in a settled location or have a family. Benefits are expensive and not the best coverage.

Advice to Senior ManagementReducing the cost while increasing the benefits for full-time employees will make the compensation packages stronger and increase retention.

The best company to work for by a mile

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsTommy Bahamas is a really great company to work for. they hire the right people and surround everyone with the best employees in the industry

ConsI have zero bad things to say about this company.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fast-paced fun with good coworkers

Bartender (Current Employee) Scottsdale, AZ

ProsFun coworkers, great regulars, great benefits package not offered by most other restaurants, big money potential every night. Always changing cocktails to learn and stay up to date in latest mixology trends.

ConsLocation is very seasonal so budgeting is a must.

PARADISE!!

Store Manager (Current Employee)

Pros* Empowered to make our guests happy!
    * Great product, people and locations!
    * Career opportunities, personal development
    * Generous discount, free clothing pieces FT 10-15/year, Employee contests
    * Entrepreneurial environment, open door policy with Home Office.
    * Benefits, including 401k and ESPP, generous vacation time (based on length of service).

ConsNo Cons to point out. We all get out what we put in. Hard work = BIG reward! PARADISE core values are emulated on all levels.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to touch the stores and make that human connection! It's amazing what small gestures/actions can do for the morale of the team!

Welcome....to Paradise!

Store Manager (Current Employee) Boca Raton, FL

ProsExceptional Guest Service
    Passion for our Brand
    Authentic and Respectful to Internal Guests as well as External Guests
    Progressive Career Learning and Development programs

ConsNot many. Leaders have always encouraged employees to advance within the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to Inspire.

Enjoy your job everyday.

Store Manager (Current Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsThis company listens to the people who work for them. They help you succeed.

ConsThe only downside is that you constantly want to be on a beach somewhere relaxing.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe share ideas with other store managers, district managers, and regional managers to help succeed and grow. Sometimes they don't listen, but most of the time they do.

Tommy Bahama has given me great opportunities to challenge myself and expand my skill set by opening multiple locations.

Store Manager (Current Employee) Honolulu, HI

Pros-Our commitment to developing and promoting great talent from within the company.
    -Strong support from our corporate partners. They are always accessible no matter their position or title.
    -Generous benefits and privileges.

Cons-Our computer and IT technology continues to evolve and improve.
    -No other cons to speak of.

Great place to work if you are looking for growth and opportunities.

Store Manager (Current Employee) Thousand Oaks, CA

ProsValues
    Career opportunities
    Strong Leadership
    Great merchandise
    Our guest. They become our friends.

ConsSometimes you have to put in long hours.

Tommy Bahama--a human to human culture that continues to drive their growth and prosperity

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

Pros--people oriented company that focuses on "exceptional guest service"
    --great growth opportunities for those that are qualified and wanting to move up
    --better than competitive compensation and benefits
    --developed into a lifestyle brand with wonderful products in all arenas for those selling
    --a specific set of core values that is promoted and practiced by all
    --a company that still believes in bringing all Management together in a wonderful Leadership Conference each year

Cons--with the tremendous growth our resources are stretched many times--being able to support this growth internally
    --new systems and the learning curve needed to keep up with all the changes

Advice to Senior ManagementBe sure to stay visible and approachable to the entire field teams

Worked for Tommy Bahama? Contribute to the Community!