Tommy Hilfiger

global.tommy.com

Tommy Hilfiger Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014
Tommy Hilfiger – India – “Tommy Hilfiger”

Tommy Hilfiger CEO Daniel Grieder

Daniel Grieder

Pros
  • Great discount for self and family members with no limit to pieces and no card to punch(in 13 reviews)

• The employee discount is one of the best perks(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • The upper management uses position to gain outside affairs and party time(in 11 reviews)

• The only con I've experienced with Tommy is the work-life balance(in 4 reviews)

A lot of great opportunity for advancement

Floor Supervisor (Current Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsI love the fact that I can move up. The management staff is down to earth. I love going to work. They also have a great discount.

ConsThe registers are pretty old and a lot of the procedures are out dated.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs for the store keep doing what you do. The corporate office upgrade your register and procedures.

Hired on the spot.

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Cypress, TX

ProsI needed a temporary job and they hired me on the spot so that was great. Also the managers often hire high school students so they are used to flexibility in the work schedule so almost any day i request off i usually get off.

ConsVery low pay for the late hours you work, and i know people who have worked there for a year and when they got their raise it was only 8 cents. They definitely need to pay employees better.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your hard working employees better. (Give better raises to the ones who deserve it)

Great company and lucky to have made friends for a lifetime.

Senior Technical Designer (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsExcellent benefits, fantastic products, and professional teamwork on all levels. Very talented group of creative individuals and a nice corporate environment.

ConsLocation of corporate office can be a little challenging to get to, and once there you are a little locked in since not much in the area.

Advice to Senior ManagementInclude all levels of teams when changes are taking place.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Loved most of it; Kind of miss it sometimes.

Floor Supervisor (Former Employee)

ProsI really enjoyed working my way up the ladder, and being able to lead my peers. I learned much about the business world, business acumen, and customer focused work in general. I enjoyed my co-workers, superiors and the sense of togetherness there was. Also, dat discount.

ConsThere were some issues that led to a loss of some good employees and some practices that I may not have entirely agreed with. Some company standards were in my opinion, a little over the top.Like any customer oriented work, some guests were much easier to tend to and work with than others.

Store Manager

Store Manager (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsGreat Salaries and great sense of company pride. Great benefits and bonus plans. Growth opportunity

ConsLong hours, you have to work all holidays,

Good company to work, great pay, hard to balance life and work

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsGreat pay and benefits.really good discount

ConsWork schedule is horrible.The company needs to promote within instead of outside of company.Music is horrible and plays the same songs over and over.Corporate needs to get to know their employees and getting their input since we are the ones working everyday.Their needs to be better pay for sales associates and incentives for them instead of losing them to competitors .Corporate also needs to look at payroll we can't make money if we don't have the help there to help the customers and control shrink.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook into paying the associates more and giving them an incentive to work for.Corporate also needs to look at giving realistic payroll numbers to ensure every customers is getting the proper attention and shrink results would be better and sales would rise if we had payroll.

Good if you're in high school.

Lead Sales Associate (Current Employee)

ProsYearly raises and paid weekly. Opportunity for advancement. Good discount.

ConsNot a lot of room for creativity. It is a corporate business and it feels like it. The standards of the store and how it should be run are too stressful and unrealistic. Poor choices when it comes to hiring.

Advice to Senior ManagementPositive feedback yields positive results. Negative results are merely a product of poor management. Change your attitude toward your employees and the results will follow.

Tommy has a lot of opportunity if you can move.

Associate Manager Tommy Hilfiger (Current Employee) Livermore, CA

ProsThe discount is amazing. They have a lot of opportunity to promote from within. They try to have a lot of contests and conferences to raise the morale in the company.

ConsWhen Tommy was bought by PVH they became a lot more operational. At the end of the day they are selling T-shirts. They would be able to focus on the customer and the sales associates more if they didn't focus so much on operations and reports.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey should have an opportunity for everyone to get a clothing allowance. There clothes are expensive even with the discount. There is pressure to be in current clothing so this can become costly.

Fashion Editorial PR Intern

Fashion Editorial PR Intern (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat company, lots going on (events, collaborations, etc.), PR department is really great (friendly and nice, but also willing to teach), breakfast at the Tommy cafeteria is free before 8:45am (definitely worth it for an intern!), got to got to keep LOTS of samples.

ConsVery corporate, lots of different departments (spread out over three floors in that building), can be confusing to get a straight answer. Not as hands on as other places, had to help with a lot of giftings and mailings.

Excellent company, with an amazing culture, Senior management motivating and personable

Store Manager (Current Employee)

ProsLeadership bar none in the retail industry, growth opportunity, sincere investment in all employees, excellent culture top to bottom, truly listens to Store managers and makes changes to facilitate, they truly strive to make it a fun yet motivating environment

ConsRetail hours can be unpleasant at times, turnover rates in retail industry can be annoying, many operational aspects may streamlined to effect efficiency

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider becoming more up to date with more current technology trends in retail

Worked for Tommy Hilfiger? Contribute to the Community!