Tommy Hilfiger Reviews

Updated September 12, 2014
3.2

Tommy Hilfiger CEO Daniel Grieder
Daniel Grieder

Pros
  • Great discount for self and family members with no limit to pieces and no card to punch (in 13 reviews)

• The employee discount is one of the best perks (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • The upper management uses position to gain outside affairs and party time (in 11 reviews)

• The only con I've experienced with Tommy is the work-life balance (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

A lot of great opportunity for advancement

Current Employee - Floor Supervisor  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Floor Supervisor in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Tommy Hilfiger full-time for less than a year

Pros

I love the fact that I can move up. The management staff is down to earth. I love going to work. They also have a great discount.

Cons

The registers are pretty old and a lot of the procedures are out dated.

As for the store keep doing what you do. The corporate office upgrade your register and procedures.

Loved most of it; Kind of miss it sometimes.

Former Employee - Floor Supervisor
    Former Employee - Floor Supervisor

I worked at Tommy Hilfiger part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I really enjoyed working my way up the ladder, and being able to lead my peers. I learned much about the business world, business acumen, and customer focused work in general. I enjoyed my co-workers, superiors and the sense of togetherness there was. Also, dat discount.

Cons

There were some issues that led to a loss of some good employees and some practices that I may not have entirely agreed with. Some company standards were in my opinion, a little over the top.Like any customer oriented work, some guests were much easier to tend to and work with than others.

Worst retail job I've had so far

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Tommy Hilfiger part-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible hours. They really work with your schedule. Good if your still in high school and are trying to learn retail.

Cons

Management makes associates feel like they're never doing good enough and put a lot of pressure on associates for the little pay that they get. It's a stressful environment and management expects a lot from the associates and are never happy with what associates do. Management shows favoritism. There is also a large turn over rate because the lack of proper training. They expect associates to go outside of your job description and do things a normal sales associate wouldn't do. For a retail job it was just too stressful.

Make the stores a less stressful environment.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Hired on the spot.

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Cypress, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Cypress, TX

I have been working at Tommy Hilfiger part-time for less than a year

Pros

I needed a temporary job and they hired me on the spot so that was great. Also the managers often hire high school students so they are used to flexibility in the work schedule so almost any day i request off i usually get off.

Cons

Very low pay for the late hours you work, and i know people who have worked there for a year and when they got their raise it was only 8 cents. They definitely need to pay employees better.

Pay your hard working employees better. (Give better raises to the ones who deserve it)

Good company to work, great pay, hard to balance life and work

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Tommy Hilfiger

Pros

Great pay and benefits.really good discount

Cons

Work schedule is horrible.The company needs to promote within instead of outside of company.Music is horrible and plays the same songs over and over.Corporate needs to get to know their employees and getting their input since we are the ones working everyday.Their needs to be better pay for sales associates and incentives for them instead of losing them to competitors .Corporate also needs to look at payroll we can't make money if we don't have the help there to help the customers and control shrink.

Look into paying the associates more and giving them an incentive to work for.Corporate also needs to look at giving realistic payroll numbers to ensure every customers is getting the proper attention and shrink results would be better and sales would rise if we had payroll.

Great company and lucky to have made friends for a lifetime.

Former Employee - Senior Technical Designer  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Technical Designer in New York, NY

I worked at Tommy Hilfiger full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent benefits, fantastic products, and professional teamwork on all levels. Very talented group of creative individuals and a nice corporate environment.

Cons

Location of corporate office can be a little challenging to get to, and once there you are a little locked in since not much in the area.

Include all levels of teams when changes are taking place.

Store Manager

Current Employee - Store Manager  in  Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Tommy Hilfiger full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great Salaries and great sense of company pride. Great benefits and bonus plans. Growth opportunity

Cons

Long hours, you have to work all holidays,

Good if you're in high school.

Current Employee - Lead Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Lead Sales Associate

I have been working at Tommy Hilfiger full-time for more than a year

Pros

Yearly raises and paid weekly. Opportunity for advancement. Good discount.

Cons

Not a lot of room for creativity. It is a corporate business and it feels like it. The standards of the store and how it should be run are too stressful and unrealistic. Poor choices when it comes to hiring.

Positive feedback yields positive results. Negative results are merely a product of poor management. Change your attitude toward your employees and the results will follow.

Tommy has a lot of opportunity if you can move.

Current Employee - Associate Manager Tommy Hilfiger  in  Livermore, CA
    Current Employee - Associate Manager Tommy Hilfiger in Livermore, CA

I have been working at Tommy Hilfiger full-time for more than a year

Pros

The discount is amazing. They have a lot of opportunity to promote from within. They try to have a lot of contests and conferences to raise the morale in the company.

Cons

When Tommy was bought by PVH they became a lot more operational. At the end of the day they are selling T-shirts. They would be able to focus on the customer and the sales associates more if they didn't focus so much on operations and reports.

They should have an opportunity for everyone to get a clothing allowance. There clothes are expensive even with the discount. There is pressure to be in current clothing so this can become costly.

Fashion Editorial PR Intern

Former Employee - Fashion Editorial PR Intern  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Fashion Editorial PR Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Tommy Hilfiger as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Great company, lots going on (events, collaborations, etc.), PR department is really great (friendly and nice, but also willing to teach), breakfast at the Tommy cafeteria is free before 8:45am (definitely worth it for an intern!), got to got to keep LOTS of samples.

Cons

Very corporate, lots of different departments (spread out over three floors in that building), can be confusing to get a straight answer. Not as hands on as other places, had to help with a lot of giftings and mailings.

Worked for Tommy Hilfiger? Contribute to the Community!