Toolworks

Updated Apr 29, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Steve Crabiel

Great Place to Work while also being Rewarding!!!

Client Support Specialist (Current Employee) UC Berkeley, CA

ProsThe Clients, Staff, the pay and the benefits. This is a very caring work environment, and I love working for this company.

ConsThere is a lot of paperwork to complete for everything you do in this company, and sometimes it is quite time consuming, the upside is it can be done from home.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the Great Work!!!

Great People

Job Coach (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsChance to help people
    Co-workers are cool people.
    Flexible with personal needs

ConsAdvancement is difficult
    Pay increase seems impossible

The capacity for learning tapered off quickly

Community Support Facilitator (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsYou really get to impact specific people's lives for the better. As your job is simply to help clients, there is some room for creativity as the criteria is simply that what you do provides benefit in some way. One perk is the ability to work on other things or read while working with clients.

ConsThere is no room for career advancement at this job. The status quo is what other employees are comfortable with, and the is not likely to change.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not share with me how bad my peers are at their jobs. That is never okay.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

fantastic support of community, not of staff

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsToolworks truly values and respects its clients, and takes a holistic approach to community support and services to people with disabilities.

ConsCommunity support staff are overworked, underpaid, and the hours are crazy.

Advice to Senior ManagementRestructure department to allow for better organization, hours, and staff appreciation.

Why not Toolworks?

Director (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsGood place to start a career, since many positions are open to folks with a strong interest in the file, of not direct personal experience. Competitive salary and good benefits. Centrally located in downtown San Francisco, but many opoortunities to work directly with clients in their homes.

ConsVery quirky people and occasionally difficult client base. Having a strong background in working with persons with disabilties is essential in order to thrive. ASL or bilingual skills will give you an inside edge.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe consistent in your actions and don't be afraid to hold people accountable for their actions.

Worked for Toolworks? Contribute to the Community!