TopGolf Reviews

Neil Allen

1. Fun From The Outside

Former Employee - Bartender
    Former Employee - Bartender

I worked at TopGolf full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The management team is generally supportive and communicates to team multiple times a day at pre shift meetings.
    You can golf when your not working and when no one else is playing.

Cons

Like any job the initial honeymoon phase passes quickly.
    Depending on what shift or area you are working you could be wasting your time.

2. Fun atmosphere, easy to make money if the customers are there.

Former Employee - Bay Associate in Spring, TX
    Former Employee - Bay Associate in Spring, TX

I worked at TopGolf (less than a year)

Pros

Fun atmosphere, and a flexible schedule

Cons

I started working when the location was just opening so the word hadn't really gotten out about us. We only got about 20hours of work a week. The rest of the time we would have to beg people for their shifts, and when you did get a shift you would at the most make $50.

3. Top golf is a fun exciting place to work with lots of potential for growth. Its an rapidly expanding company.

Former Employee - Support Staff in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Support Staff in Austin, TX

I worked at TopGolf

Pros

Good management, can make good money with tips, never the same each day, they provide you with free meals at every shift.

Cons

You work long hours and management will make you open and close from time to time. Working late nights into the early morning. Not all employees have good work ethic.

Keep on providing a team environment and a workplace that is fun for employees to be at. Hire more employees so there is less turnover as a result of over working.

5. This company is incredible and exciting!

Current Employee - Guest Services in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Guest Services in Austin, TX

I have been working at TopGolf part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Everyone at work is smiling, people who come in are smiling, and everyone just wants to have a good time (and get paid while doing so)

Cons

Long shifts and late shifts

Extra trash can right inside the bathroom door so people can throw away their paper towels after using them to open the door with the dirty handle

6. Could of been better.

I worked at TopGolf

Pros

Easy to make friends, sometimes there is good music, training process is fun, guests are fun to be around, good food.

Cons

Late nights, they make you come into to work when they know it won't be busy and cut you and hour or two later, favoritism and politics play a huge part in your advancement.

Give the people that really deserve a chance to move up actually have one. And stop lying to people about moving up when you know you are going to keep them in the same position they more than likely didn't apply for.

7. Great Company, Getting Better with Focus

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at TopGolf full-time (more than a year)

Pros

* Free Topgolf
    * Great food. Menu updated frequently, so it's not boring
    * Renewed focus on values is really bringing Associates together like I have not seen

Cons

* It can be challenging getting new things done because of our past success.
    * Need to work harder to convince others to let go of old ways (even though they were successful)

Keep it up! The new focus and innovative ideas are transforming us into so much more. I also suggest more celebration across sites for new openings (and ground breaking). It would help make all of us a part of this growth. So, when we break ground on a new site we should celebrate. When we open, we should celebrate together and not just at that location. Great job Topgolf. Rock ON!

8. Great atmosphere and working environment, you can really tell this company cares about its employees.

Former Employee - Server in Alexandria, VA
    Former Employee - Server in Alexandria, VA

I worked at TopGolf full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Family like working environment. Manager was always asking for what the employees think and feed back on what we should do for events, day to day activities,.. ect. We had meeting everyday and the managers would break down what we were out of, the event going on that day then they would just talk about how everyone is doing and how things are going for us at top golf. The managers showed that they actually care about us and we weren't just another working body.

Cons

Sometimes the place would get crazy and sometimes management wouldnt be able to control what was going on during this time. We were always low on fruit garnish at peak times and most of the time we would be low on high selling products.

9. Too many bosses and tons of micro - management

Current Employee - Line Cook in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Line Cook in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at TopGolf full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Hours of work are good, when management thinks it's busy. Back of house has very good equipment, and cleanliness of cooking areas is phenominal.

Cons

Lack of raises, too many variances amongst same work groups in pay, too many site managers, quick to cut your hours, quick to schedule your vacation time during slow periods so you don't get to use it as your own vacation, again too many people that "think" they can run the back of house.

Keep your bickering, your ideas in your own office. I have heard too much nonsense from upper management , pay your employees better because your profits are exorbitant and there is no sharing, just lost hours when it's slow. Don't treat the back house associates as second class ....everyone needs to be treated as equals.

Great intentions from HQ, but failings at the hands of local management. Experiences from working at several sites.

Current Employee - Guest Services
    Current Employee - Guest Services

I have been working at TopGolf part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Extensive training in the company culture.
    Focus on building the employees positive sides.
    Might become a fast growing company with good internal career ways.

Cons

Not very much training in the pratical day-to-day-work.
    Emplyees quite often left to swim for themselves when the s-it hit the fan.
    When secret shopper-checks points to systematic failings, the local management sometimes choose to use it to beleaguer the employees instead of solving the underlying problems.
    Minor notes: Some sites are in a habit of under-scheduling personel at high-traffic times. Written and/or oral suggestions to improve day-to-day-methods are ignored.

+ Set up an rover-program where HQ goes out and actually works at the different sites for extended time. The spot-checks that are made today are ineffective, since local management can keep the apperances up.
    + Use the information from secret shoppers etc to improve the systems instead telling of the employees.

11. Good company to work for

Former Employee - Drink Runner in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Drink Runner in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at TopGolf

Pros

Fun easy work, free meals

Cons

Need to be a bayhost in order to matter

Treat all job titles equally