Topshop

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Mary Homer

Pros
  • good discounts, celebrity appearances, guest DJs, great events(in 6 reviews)

• Topshop is definitely the best high street brand I know and i worked for(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Very hard work, always busy busy busy(in 3 reviews)

• not many really, found it a great place to develop my skills working part time during university(in 3 reviews)

sales advisor

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFreiendly,hard working, willingness to grow. The interview round is just as fun as the job

ConsAlot of people come and go so quick but other than that great job

Sales Associate

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGreat environment, very upbeat and trendy

ConsHard to find employees to trade shifts

very fun , fashion oriented work place

Sales Advisor (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

Proslots of awesome threads, fun work atmosphere, good wages. rewarding work enviorment. lots of growth opportunity and great communication with the team.

Consit is a big store and can seem a bti overwhelming at first, but once yiu get the hang of it you will enjoy it if you like a fac paced work enivorment and like to be social with customers!!!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very creative job but u cannot have a life.

Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsYou have the freedom to try new things, come up with color stories and floor plans that fit the business needs. Good incentives for staff. Always keeps your mind thinking of new ideas.

ConsToo many chefs in the kitchen! Everyone has a different opinion especially corporate, the store team are stuck changing things five times cause another opinion is added. No growth they keep bringing people from the uk to the us that don't understand the us market. Schedule Is crazy u work overnites, weekends and sometimes 5 am.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate with each other everyone has a different opinion. Consider your employees when scheduling people have lives!

Pretty Good

Sales Associate (Former Employee)

ProsMet some of the most wonderful and creative people I've had the pleasure of working with. Store is very encouraging of individuality while keeping the brand in mind.

ConsStore management could be handled more professionally.

Meh, what more could you want...

Sales Associate (Current Employee) New York, NY

Prosgood product, good benefit for full-timers, okay benefits for part-timers. good discounts, celebrity appearances, guest DJs, great events.

ConsLittle to no communication with associates. Topshop has an office where it handles Press, PR, styling etc. I asked about interning there and they gave me vague answer… definite distinction between the office, management and the associates.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease recognize the people who do a lot of work, try to at least remember names.

I held a seasonal position there and had a great time.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFriendly coworkers,great clothes, easy work!

ConsEvery place one can work has a few psychos.

Stable environment to work in

Advanced Level Sales Associate (Former Employee) New York, NY

Proshour long lunch break, two paid 15 minute

Cons9 hour shifts for 8 hour pay because of lunch.

Advice to Senior Managementmanagement could be much better

Seasonal Sales Advisor at Topshop

Seasonal Sales Advisor (Former Employee) New York, NY

Pros- Good discount! 25% off, including on sale items and clothing allowance of 60% off on a number of items (number depends on hours you work and position you hold).
    - Breaks; on a 9 hour shift you get an hour lunch unpaid and 2 paid 15 minute breaks.
    - Meet people with similar interests; they tend to hire people who are into fashion/art etc. so you'll meet a lot of people who like the same things you do.
    - They have team briefs every day on promotions, new products and have mini team building activities which is cool. They also run competitions for staff to win things like gift cards.

Cons- Too many managers! They have so many managers its ridiculous! They have advanced levels, top levels, floor managers, brand managers - the list goes on! At times there would be more managers on the floor than sales assistants!
    - It can be clique-y. The Topshop I worked at is spread over 4 floors and sales assistants always work on the same floor, adding in the back of house, shoes, personal shopping, visuals and office staff it sometimes feels like a bunch of mini boutiques inside one store (like a department store) so the majority of people only talk to those on their floor and can be quite cold to others.
    - Its seems quite hard to progress at this particular store as quite a lot of people want to. There was a girl who had been waiting a while to get promoted, only to see the position she thought she would get advertised on the website. They seem to hire externally for management positions which is strange when there are people already there who want to progress.
    - Permanent staff complained about their hours getting cut, so I thought it strange that they would hire seasonal when staff they already had wanted more hours and even then seasonal would get sent home early because the store wasn't busy!
    - Everyone starts of seasonal for the first 90 days and at any time they can let you go without reason! A lot of us were let go at the same time as the store had to cut 200 hours a week. So they told us one by one during a shift that it would be our last! So definitely don't leave a different, permanent job while you're still seasonal and probably continue your job hunt.

Advice to Senior ManagementSlim down the management team!! So many managers means lots of different opinions on how staff should be managed and often times they conflict with each other!

Not worth the headache!!

Sales Advisor (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe co-workers are the best!! Discount somewhat okay!!

ConsThe workload caused a lot of stress and the discount is wack.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employee's they know best about working on the sales floor.

Worked for Topshop? Contribute to the Community!