Toronto East General Hospital

Updated December 20, 2014
4.3

Rob Devitt

3 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Extremely creative and client focused and driven.

Current Employee - Mental Health Outreach in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Mental Health Outreach in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Toronto East General Hospital

Pros

Toronto East General Hospital values its employees and, as such, has excellent benefits and time off policies.
    There are many creative job opportunities, if you have the ability to be somewhat flexible and want to try something different. Most of the staff are very positive and seem to genuinely like their work and the hospital itself as an employer. Salaries are very generous compared to other programs, etc.

Cons

The cons to the work that I have done is that it involves weekends and statutory holidays (as a member of "The Assertive Community Treatment Team" we cover ALL holidays and weekends as our service is 24/ 7, 365 days of the year). Some the shifts are very long (7 or 8 work days in a row with only 2 days off afterwards). I would like to have more opportunities to attend outside training events and conferences but funds are very limited which is prohibitive in terms of

I would suggest that more funds be available for staff training events and conferences. I think that these opportunities are critical as they keep staff enthusiastic and up-to-date on the work that they are doing. As well, I would organize shifts for the stat holidays and weekends differently so that staff had more than 2 days off following a very long stretch of work. I think that this would make a difference in staff morale and energy levels. Otherwise, I think that management is doing a great job and would like to take this opportunity to thank them!!

Internship with the IT Department

Former Employee - Technical Associate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Technical Associate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Toronto East General Hospital as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

If I ever needed a doctor, it wasn't hard to find one. They also had a very good Occ Health dpt who were very friendly and could go to for small questions. I got to see many parts of the hospital and get a good idea of how hospitals work. They even have a nice volunteer department if you are interested in that.

Cons

There are not many cons to working here and most of which I can not really say about since I didn't work there long. Budgets here are always tight which makes things harder on employees but as it is a hospital these things are expected.

A warm and welcoming place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Toronto East General Hospital as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is very down to earth and willing to help each other out. It's a lot like a family. There seems to be a lot of ways to get involved in hospital activities like the gingerbread building competition around Christmas, the pumpkin carving contest for each section of the hospital, etc.

Cons

There are some individuals who are prone to gossip, but I just don't bother getting involved.