Toronto Pearson

Updated June 24, 2014
Updated June 24, 2014
3.8

Howard Eng

An organization managing and operating a good airport that could be great.

I worked at Toronto Pearson

Pros

An exciting new brand strategy established a strong foundation to advance the organization from a bureaucratic airport operator to a customer-focused, commercially driven, service provider.

Cons

Significant change in senior management has altered the positive gains in corporate culture.

excellent company to work for

Former Employee - Business Analyst  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Toronto Pearson as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Great people to work with and great projects keep the contractors engaged and busy and make this a great company to work for

Cons

no cons with the amount and type of projects

continue empowering your workers

GTAA Management highly political

I have been working at Toronto Pearson

Pros

Interesting people in lower management roles

Cons

Senior management highly nervous, insecure in current environment. Ex federal governmental agency, with legacy issues of dead wood employees. Surprising inexperience in some cases.

Heal the union / management divide. Be open to challenging, positive feedback from staff.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The best experience I had in 19 years I learned and experience how an International Airport operates.

Former Employee - Repairman  in  Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Repairman in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I worked at Toronto Pearson full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Company Rules and Regulations are standard, workers benefits are 100%. Management are wonderful they are all profesional and knowledgible. This company is a none profit organizations.

Cons

Just like any other Huge Company this one has a union run by CAW (Canadian Auto Worker) .
    You could say there are some politics whiping around.Profit must be made somehow.

Keep up the good work.

Overall, a great place to work.

Current Employee - Management  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Management in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Toronto Pearson

Pros

The people are awesome. You won't find a better bunch of individuals. People are passionate about what they do, and love the fact that we make this place run. The new brand is terrific, and I think we are moving in the right direction with our new vision and strategy. The benefits are pretty good, although the salaries for managers are low compared to other companies. The office enviorment is good, and they are moving towards more modern amenities. Goals are clear, and we get things done - it's really fast paced and challenging.

Cons

You don't actually work within the airport, and you tend to forget that you are a part of the airport. There are some leaders who don't buy in to the vision, but because they are technically good at what they do they are allowed to stay. Vacation benefits are lacking, 4 weeks is the max unless you are unionized. Salaries could be higher for non-unionzed folks. Sometimes there is a lot expected of you, and you don't always have enough team members to delegate to. They are very secretive about salaries and job bands. Hard to know which role you want to move to when you don't know the pay for the job.

Invest in the leaders who show strong people leadership. Promote based on ability to lead teams. Don't just ask for opinions, act on them. Or tell us why you can't. Move the administration office to the terminals, so we are actually a part of the airport. Be more transparent about things like job salary bands, and allow more movement between jobs.

Demanding but good experience for students

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Consultant in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Toronto Pearson

Pros

Professionals to guide you at work, often with very good experience and know-how and willing to share knowledge with you. was a good atmosphere with other students around, and we got to visit sites internally that were great learning places.

Cons

difficutly in trevelling to site, and coach to get inside takes too long to shuttle

Difficult for students to get food/coffe inside unless senior officars give them a ride- which they do often, thanks.

GTAA Good if you are a mgr and not in good if you are in the Union

Former Employee - Intermediate Systems Analyst  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Intermediate Systems Analyst in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Toronto Pearson

Pros

- great recognition for working at the largest airport in Canada

Cons

- there is such a divide between the unionized staff and the management that there is an environment of distrust.

Open up the lines of communication to be more transparent.

Worked for Toronto Pearson? Contribute to the Community!