Tory Burch

www.toryburch.com

Tory Burch Reviews

Updated Jul 15, 2014
Tory Burch – New York – “7th Floor”

Brigitte Kleine

Pros
  • Relax environment, good work-life balance(in 5 reviews)

• There is a generous employee discount and wardrobe allowance for all employees(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance and the quality of merchandise is getting worse every year(in 7 reviews)

• Like any other major retailor, Holidays and weekends require long hours and late closings(in 5 reviews)

Love growing with this company

Assistant General Manager (Current Employee)

ProsTory Burch is a company that truly cares about their employees. I've worked here for over 3 years and it has been so fun to see the brand change and grow. Our corporate team is constantly asking for the retail teams' feedback in order to better themselves and make our jobs easier. There is a generous employee discount and wardrobe allowance for all employees. The selling environment (at least in my store) is very friendly; everyone helps each other out to ensure the customer has the best experience possible.

ConsJust like any other retail job, hours can be long and tiring during the holidays but it's not so bad when you're working with a fun team.

Seasonal Sales Assist

Sales Support (Former Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsGreat pay and discount, easy job tasks like working one-on-one with sales associate during shift/opening and unloading new merchandise, wardrobe provided including top, jeans, shoes and seasonal layer (sweater), organized shift times/breaks - always knew what you were going to be doing while you were there

ConsMinimal training, lack of communication between management and other staff, LONG seasonal shifts - working almost full time hours for a part time position, no opportunity for growth, unorganized product and back stock, uncomfortable wardrobe - the flats are adorable but not to work in for 5+ hour shifts

My experience at Tory Burch was wonderful!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEveryone is warm, welcoming, and extremely gracious. The environment is creative and fun!

ConsCompensation was low compared to other companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy managers were wonderful but I would advise trying to create growth for stagnant positions to promote constant improvement.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

High quality staff and product

ProsContinuous opportunity for growth within the organization

ConsNewer company is growing faster than expected. Challenges of being reactive instead of proactive

Progressive and employee focused organization

Information Technology (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe organization is committed to employees. Very friendly environment. It is a pleasure to work with the employees of the organization.

ConsYou can find yourself working around the clock. The environment is too liberal and many employees abuse the situation and are online browsing their social networks constantly.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe a little less liberal with how employees spend their time on the floor. There is too much complain of everyone being busy yet, there is a lot of time wasted.

Good for retail

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsThe money is good and customers love the product so it's usually busy. Benefits are better than some places and they begin for full time after 90 days.

ConsPolitics, new systems that are useless, hourly rate never changes more than .25/hr each year which is insane. Management has favorites and it shows. Company has grown cold with growth from original concept

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to be a leader rather than going with the office politics so that people have incentive to improve.

Amazing company culture

Sales Lead (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsDefinitely a brand on the rise, it always felt like Tory Burch herself was very involved in the creating a positive company culture reflective of her ideals.

ConsSales were pretty competitive but there was enough business to go around. Cutthroat sales tactics were discouraged by management but still existed to some degree. The Tory Burch clientele can also be very...rabid, especially around the holidays. Rude and downright nasty customers were not as uncommon as you would hope for at a high-end establishment.

Over-promise and under-deliver

Sales Lead (Current Employee)

ProsDiscount, one on one relationship building with clientele, freedom to make decisions based on what's best for the guest, job security

ConsWork-life balance, people are not a priority, poor pay, zero training, underperforming managers, resistance to feedback, tolerate mediocrity

Advice to Senior ManagementHire people who are great and committed to greatness, separate people who aren't committed to the growth of the company. Management seems to be full of excuses rather than being action oriented. There is an expectation for employees to be open to suggestion but the company is not. Personal relationships seem to trump e abilities of those who are top performers. This is the most miserable job I have ever had

Sales Lead

Sales Lead (Current Employee)

ProsFree wardrobe, decent company, benefits.

ConsCatty, upper corporate management plays favorites

Great Company overall

ProsGreat Company overall...great perks! and company is growing.

ConsHR is could use some help - very cliquey....which is bad for an HR department.

Worked for Tory Burch? Contribute to the Community!