Total Logistic Control

Total Logistic Control Reviews

1.9

Pete Westermann
1 Rating

Not a company that cares about it's employees.

Former Employee - Warehouseman in Otsego, MI
    Former Employee - Warehouseman in Otsego, MI

I worked at Total Logistic Control full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Work experience could be useful in similar field

Cons

Not concerned with employee opinions. Too much of a buddy system.

Listen to employees concerns. Alert to problems on the horizon

3PL management

Former Employee - Warehouse Supervisor in Euclid, OH
    Former Employee - Warehouse Supervisor in Euclid, OH

I worked at Total Logistic Control full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The material handlers did a great job in performing the various warehouse functions. Under difficult working conditions and for low pay, they performed miracles to keep the operation going.

Cons

I was disappointed that the company would not listen to my ideas for making the warehousing more efficient. Also, the treatment of the material handlers was very unprofessional

More oversight of the branch operations is needed to ensure that corporate goals and values are met.

it can be a wonderful place to work! except,

Former Employee - Wms Cooordinator in Macon, GA
    Former Employee - Wms Cooordinator in Macon, GA

I worked at Total Logistic Control full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

i loved my job until i didnt have it
    not blaming anyone but myself, i should have known that NO one in a supervisory position will ever admit that they didnt have one single clue that people would rather not go into subzero storage. instead, they said "i didnt hear that" so? blame anyone but themselves

Cons

went to macon ga, for new startup, americold lost the contract yet brought all of their management over. same problems ensued. blame the employee

make supervisors accountable

A good first impression... then downhill

Former Employee - Dispatcher in Vaudreuil, QC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Dispatcher in Vaudreuil, QC (Canada)

I worked at Total Logistic Control

Pros

A nicer facility than most trucking companies. The building is new and clean-looking ( a rarity in trucking). The food-grade dock is relatively clean and organized.

The building contains a decent but small gym and a nicer break-room than I've seen in most places.

Cons

There is almost no training whatsoever. Getting information from co-workers and supervisors is like pulling teeth. One can only assume they expect all new employees to have the necessary skills and experience from day one, which might be reasonable except that they way they do things is pretty unique only to this company. Which brings me to the next point...

Structure: There is none. This company is is disorganized at every level from top to bottom. There is not a single "standard operating procedure" for anything they do. If you want to know how to do something that wasn't covered in the very minimal training, you are on your own. But you will most certainly be told if it's done wrong.

Atmosphere: Very negative. Transport is a high pressure and high-stress job by nature, but they take it to a whole new level. The different departments treat each other like rival and competing companies. There is very little cooperation. Negative behavior is tolerated by management that would not be tolerated in most workplaces.

They hire bottom-of-the-barrel drivers and outside carriers. This makes servicing our customers hard to begin with, and now they have recently received a pay-cut. The semi-good drivers have left. Many who are left are very inexperienced, or so-so competent, and speak almost no English and French.

Organize and structure the company. This is what made the big and successful transport companies big and successful.

Pay the drivers and outside carriers more and get better ones. Trucks and drivers are what it's all about, no?

Better training. Give your employees the tools to succeed and so will you.

n/a

I have been working at Total Logistic Control

Pros

The leadership in the company is positive and strong.

Cons

The opportunity for growth, out weights the cons

n/a