Total Merchant Services

www.totalmerchantservices.com

Total Merchant Services Reviews

Updated Jul 11, 2014
Total Merchant Services – “Total Merchant Services”

Joe Kaplan

Marketing Intern

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat culture. Really enjoy the positive attitude and good compensation. Training was nice. People are cool

ConsI don't have anything negative to offer about this company, other than the long hours you'll put into a product that makes significant impact on other people's lives.

Call Center

ProsDecent pay for entry level.

ConsNot enough or effective training. (Many calls are transferred endlessly throughout departments due to lack of knowledge or laziness.)
    HR was absent for the first eight months.
    Supervisors are ill-equipped, show favoritism.

Poor leadership in critical roles has driven away talent and cultivated an environment of distrust.

(Current Employee)

ProsThere are positions available due to employee attrition.

ConsTechnical knowledge and\or time spent in a position does not always equate to a good leader or good decisions, and there are several Director level employees who have been promoted or hired based on those criteria. To make matters worse, there is no avenue for addressing poor leadership or questionable decisions within the company without retaliation. This has led to a stifling environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementSkip level meetings might be a good way to start uncovering issues and inadequacies in Director level leadership. Although, for that to be effective, employees have to feel they are in a safe environment and not in danger of losing their jobs.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Alive and Growing

Technology (Current Employee)

ProsYou should work at TMS because:
    -Your skills will be used and appreciated.
    -You will not be micro managed
    -Your opinion will be respected
    -There are many opportunities
    -You can be a part of a team that cares for each other

ConsNo company is perfect. TMS is not a Utopia where you will be happy with everything.

All companies do things that don't make sense at times, but this happens less frequently at TMS

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Total is an amazing company!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Woodland Hills, CA

ProsAmazing atmosphere
    Great people leaders
    Well thought out strategy
    Celebrates stretch mistakes for learning and growth
    Great employee engagement
    Celebrates and embraces diversity in thought
    Fast pace
    Rate of change
    Ambitious goals
    Attention to detail, its the little things that matter most to employees (Socials, All Hands, Meet 3's)

ConsRate of change, fast pace and ambitious goals are both a Pro and a Con to me. It depends on the type of organization you want to be a part of...I only list as a Con so that folks get a clearer picture. Personally I thrive in these environments but some folks stray away...

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus is incredibly important and constantly evaluating our priorities should be a muscle we flex daily, weekly, monthly.

A Company with a face paced environment. Room for a lot of growth in all areas.

ProsSalary and work are above average. Working with top tier developers and engineers is what really separates TMS from other companies.

Workplace flexibility is always key. You don't have to drive in EVERY single day!

ConsNo real training budgets. Benefits such as medical, dental 401k are below average.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue philosophy with great Life / Work balance.

Amazing COMPANY!!! All smiles, super friendly, celebrate every holiday, no dress code, they believe in work life balance

Customer Care Center (Current Employee) Woodland Hills, CA

ProsWe provide payment industry sales professionals with outstanding product and service innovation.

ConsIf you are not with us, you are not with the best.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on doing what you are doing! Joe is such an inspirational leader, with an awesome team!

Total is a company that made a large transition in 2013 but continued to focus on the core values

Development (Current Employee) Woodland Hills, CA

ProsAn awesome new office space with cutting edge technology. Touch screen computers on all desk. Windows 8 ready workstations and many other exciting changes. New product innovation in the rapidly changing payment space makes for a constant and rewarding challenge.

ConsMoving from a sales oriented business to a technology driven company comes with a fair amount of change (opportunity) depending on how you look at it

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue the pace of growth and new product innovation

Great place to work

Product (Current Employee) Woodland Hills, CA

ProsI have worked in the credit card processing industry for many years at all levels at different organizations. What has set Total Merchant Services apart from other processors I have worked for is the family oriented atmosphere. I do not feel like I am forced to focus on revenue at all cost. Joe Kaplan has made it a point to make everyone feel welcome to his big extended family.

While Total has been around for 17 years, it is reengineering its products and services to become an industry leader. This has led to a very exciting start-up type environment where new and innovated ideas and "thinking outside of the box" is strongly encouraged.

ConsThe creating a entire new suite of products and services has it struggles from time-to-time. The ability to adapt to changes quickly are a must to work at Total.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to focus on growing the company.

TMS is like Family

Senior QA Engineer (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsExcellent, Challenging and fast paced work environment.
    Very friendly and cooperative management.
    Personally TMS is like a family to me

ConsTMS have never been disappointed me.

Worked for Total Merchant Services? Contribute to the Community!