Total Quality Logistics Reviews

Reset
4.0
Total Quality Logistics Founder, CEO, and President Kenneth Oaks
Kenneth Oaks

Pros
  • Best work environment imaginable (in 45 reviews)

• Unlimited earning potential with flexible hours for the most part after you have established your business (in 44 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance can lean heavy on the work side at times (in 42 reviews)

• The already long hours are increased without pay when you have to work after hours (in 69 reviews)

1. Tough but fun

Current Employee - LAE in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - LAE in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been here almost a year this is an awesome job with awesome people always willing to help each other out. Office gig but business casual not a full suit but you can if you want. This job is a place where you truely get what you put in. Time often flys by with out notice. I love it here and I have made many friends the culture is to be a family and it feels that way.

Cons

This is by no means for the weak willed it can get very trying and hard but where there is a will there is a way. Long hours and starting off you work half days every other Saturday and after training you work one a month.

Advice to Management

Awesome job have genuine concern for their employees and will hear you out if there is an issue. Keep it up

Decent.

Former Employee - Logistics Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Logistics Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I worked at Total Quality Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good working environment. Earning potential. Cool people. Solid base for a career.

Cons

Smile & dial. Churn & burn through college grads. 55+ hrs weekly w/o proper compensation in the first year or so. Work/ life balance is NOT THERE. MGMT gets angry if your there only on time and angry if you try to leave at normal time. They want to burn people out and spread their work when they're gone.

Advice to Management

Probably a great business model for top level execs but not beneficial to new employees. Treat your employees like people!

3. Saturday Group Leader - Account Executive

Current Employee - Saturday Group Leader in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Saturday Group Leader in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have the ability to control my own paycheck. The harder I work and the more time I put into my book of business will directly correlate to your paycheck. If you're not willing to put in the time and the hours then look somewhere else. You have to want to succeed, and those who have that drive are rewarded handsomely. Uncapped comission, free rain to run your book of business however you choose. The harder you work, the luckier you get. Potential to make 6 figures your first year on the sales floor is very doable, but nothing worth getting comes easy. And if you want out of the sales floor the potential to move into a management role is always growing.

Cons

Working Saturdays can be a bummer but its only painful the first couple times. Extremely revenue and numbers driven company, in order to move up promotion wise in the company you have to be putting up big numbers. At times you can work long hours and struggle with your work/life balance for the first year, but once you get past that and can see the big picture it will all be worth it in the end.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, we're at the top of the industry for a reason.

5. High earning potential if you're willing to work for it

Current Employee - Logistics Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Logistics Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work environment, especially for a kid out of college. Plenty of stuff to do outside of work with your coworkers with happy hours and company outings. If you're serious about making money, then this is a place you can make six figures or more within a few years, if not sooner. You literally see all the hours and hard work payoff in your paychecks when you start making commission consistently. It is really hard work and you need to put a lot of time into your book of business but it will pay you back if you continue to grind it out. New hires have to understand that this is sales and it is a numbers game. The people who quit/get fired after a year are the people who try to coast through the day-to-day grind.

Cons

The work-life balance is tough to manage for the first 18 months or so. It gets a little easier once you hit the successful broker mark and get an LAET on your account, but you will be in the office 50+ hours most weeks. Working half days on Saturdays is rough too but it is a much easier schedule now than when I started.

Advice to Management

More perks for successful brokers with an LAET on their account would be nice. Anything to help balance the work-life balance would be incredible. I know Cincinnati has all of the perks but the satellite offices could use some love too.

Sink or swim

Former Employee - Sales Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I worked at Total Quality Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good for recent grads.

Cons

MICRO MANAGED! They keep track of EVERYTHING (phone calls made, phone calls received, time on the phone, if you've called prospects/customers/dispatchers/drivers etc.

TQLis a great place to work!

Current Employee - Sales Team Leader in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

unlimited earning potential, clear path for advancement, work environment, and co workers.

Cons

you need to be willing to put in hard work and effort. If you're not willing to you will not be successful.

Advice to Management

keep it up!

Great opportunity

Current Employee - Sales Team Leader in Chicago, IL

Pros

Fast paced environment with a young, hungry group. You get the opportunity to build and run your own book of business. There is no cap on commission and opportunities to advance are available for those who put in the work.

Cons

Must be willing to put the work in to get your book of business off the ground. If you're not willing to pick up the phone and hustle to build your book of business, this isn't the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

9. Satellite Office Leader

Current Employee - Satellite Office Leader in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Satellite Office Leader in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Energetic, fast pace, lucrative career with unlimited potential. All promotions are made within. Commission with a salary base. Competitive and growing industry. Satisfaction of working with people and resolving issues.

Cons

Long hours and stress of running your own business with TQLs resources. Work/life balance where you need to put your job first for at least the first 2 years.

Advice to Management

No complaints, keep doing what you're doing and giving us the resources to succeed.

10. TQL

Current Employee - Sales Team Leader in Chicago, IL

Pros

This is my first and only job since graduating college and I couldn't be happier with where TQL has taken my career. To be blunt, the LAE position here is not one to be taken lightly. If you're willing to commit yourself to the job and put in the time and effort it requires then there really are no limits to your future (both in compensation and career advancement). TQL has created an environment that emphasizes this point, promoting healthy competition and offering all the training/leadership necessary to succeed. If you're driven, hungry, and ready to work, prepare yourself and look no further.

Cons

Hours can be long, especially for the first year or so. Stressful situations are the nature of the industry and can wear at you if you let them.

Advice to Management

Our sales force drives our company forward, keep pushing the boundaries and let us continue to take TQL across the country.

11. Fast Paced Fun Environment

Current Employee - Branch Team Leader in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Branch Team Leader in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

-Training is fantastic (coaching/ mentoring/ class room/ e-learnings) from multiple sources -Work with driven people -Employee engagement is a top priority with team outings, volunteer work, and TQL sponsored sports teams to name a few -Leadership development is a key focus, promote heavily from within -Internal competitions -Earning potential is un-capped, base plus commission

Cons

-Long hours in and outside the office for the first one to two years. -High stress

Advice to Management

Nothing, TQL management continually responds and takes action to feeback provided.

RSS Feed </> Embed