Total Quality Logistics

Total Quality Logistics Reviews in Cincinnati, OH

Updated Jul 3, 2014

Total Quality Logistics Founder, CEO, and President Kenneth Oaks

Kenneth Oaks

Pros
  • You have unlimited earning potential and advancement opportunities(in 31 reviews)

• A great work environment fueled by high energy and strong competition amongst your peers(in 30 reviews)

Cons
  • TQL does an amazing job helping with work-life balance, however it isn't perfect(in 33 reviews)

• Working long hours & 24/7 availability, but the money is totaly worth the effort(in 54 reviews)

172 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Fast paced, fun, and rewarding!

Sales Team Leader (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsYou get to learn about a whole new world. Working here you feel so involved in what helps keep our country churning.

ConsYou can have days that you work from start to finish....but that only means they go buy quick!

Great company for those willing to work hard

LAE (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsThere is room for growth if you are willing to put in the hard work. There is also a chance to make a lot of money but it will take a lot of time and dedication. If you watch the clock this job is not for you. If this job was easy everyone would do it but if you see the big picture, it is worth it.

ConsTurnover, work life balance, and the hours can be very long

Only the best apply

Group Sales Manager (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsTQL gives anyone willing the opportunity to blaze your own path. You have unlimited earning potential and advancement opportunities. Work environment is high energy and positive. Very employee-centric, company picnics and holiday celebrations. Excellent company to work for.

ConsNot for everyone. Tons of hours and stressful industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Akin to going back to High School

Sales Team Leader (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

Prosunlimited earnings potential, decent technology

ConsGroupthink at its worst on the executive and management level. Expectations to perform menial tasks gratis, under the guise of it being a necassary stepping stone to management. The reality being (at least as far as Cincinnati is concerned) that there are no opportunities as they cannot find any qualified candidates... perhaps due to the fact turnover is easily 85%. Compensation (25%) is low by industry standards (40%.) Try too hard to be hip with patio keggers, corny contests and shameless in-house promotional videos. Atmosphere is very much like a high school (interestingly the CEO and top Execs all attended high school together.) You can make decent money but the trade off is extremely long hours cold calling, dealing with customer/carrier issues 24/7 and competitive cutthroat prospecting business pratices amoungst employees (which seems to be encouraged by management.) Work/Life balance is awful. Sadly vacations and holiday's become dreaded occasions.

Advice to Senior ManagementSee first line above.

I got the job

Logistics Support (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsThe people are great. It is an environment that is fast paced and intense but the people still know how to have fun.

ConsIt is stressful. The time off policy is terrible. First place I have ever worked where you can get let go our get in trouble for taking time off.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to offer better training on 3rd shift or make the 2nd shift training mandatory.

Perfect company for young professionals looking to develop long term sales skills

Logistics Account Executive (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsCompetitive start-up pay for college graduates and young professionals. Constantly on the phone speaking with truck dispatchers, drivers, shippers/receivers, and customers - perfecting your sales pitch and ability to speak effectively. Chasing down freight and the "cat and mouse" like game of closing an account is fun, once you have freight, the job is much better. Obvious opportunity to make a good living and enjoy working at a workplace atmosphere unlike any other company in the country. Benefits are awesome and vacation time increases at yearly anniversary dates.

ConsTransportation industry can be shady and test someone's patience at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease brokerage commission rates!

Total Quality Logistics is the perfect opportunity for hard workers looking for a career.

Sales Team Leader (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsTQL gives you all the tools needed to succeed. A true team oriented environment is very rare in sales companies, but we have strong team players, and everyone wants to help each other. Uncapped earning potential is obviously great and the ability to quickly advance within the company through hard work is unparalleled to any other company I've seen. Management really does notice your hard work.

ConsWe do work in a very stressful industry which comes with many challenges. We have to be the bearer of bad news at times. Cold calling is tough, but it's all worth it when your hard work pays off. TQL does an amazing job helping with work-life balance, however it isn't perfect. Answering the phone dealing with issues at all hours of the night/weekend can be tough, but again totally worth it.

Unbelieveable earnings and advancement opportunity!!

Sales Team Leader (Current Employee) Milford, OH

ProsThe speed at which you can advance positions is un-matched. I have been with TQL for just under two years and have been promoted twice and am already a Sales Team Leader. Bottom line...if you are willing to put the time and hard work in, you can and will excel here!

ConsForcing yourself to stay motivated to stay on the phone can be a challenge on some days, but when you realize the earnings potential it definately brings the drive back.

Great Company, Great People, Great Career.

Sales Team Leader (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsUncapped commission. Run your own business under the TQL umbrella. Company is always having events and outings for employees. Promote from within the company most of the time.

Cons100% commission jobs always have turnover, you just have to realize that going in and accept it, dont let it scare you away.

Great opportunity, but only for the right person

Sales Recruiter (Former Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsRecruiting at TQL is a tough gig, but there is a fun culture that comes along with the job. Managers tend to have an open door policy, and if you want more training or help, you only have to ask. I really appreciated that aspect of the position.

ConsBeing a Sales Recruiter is just like a sales job at TQL. Unlike sales though, you can't build a pipeline that is self sustaining, you are always recruiting no matter what level you are at. This discourages vacations, sick time, any time off work that diminishes your pipeline of candidates as you have goals to meet every month. It's also frustrating to be working 40+ hours a week and only make $35K. It's a good job, but only if you are the right person for it.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake time to understand your employees and don't try to micromanage and force a square peg into a round hole.

Worked for Total Quality Logistics? Contribute to the Community!