Total Quality Logistics

Updated January 16, 2015
4.0

Total Quality Logistics Founder, CEO, and President Kenneth Oaks
Kenneth Oaks

Pros
  • work environment helps to offset some of the stress of the job (in 45 reviews)

• There is unlimited earning potential; literally the sky is the limit (in 44 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is nearly non-existant, at least for the first couple of years (in 42 reviews)

• the workload is very front-end heavy - with long long hours (in 69 reviews)

More Highlights

214 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Best Company I've ever worked at!

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Corporate Culture-Work Hard Play Hard and No excuses
    Generous Benefits Package
    Management
    Growth Opportunities

Cons

Low Diversity amongst sales staff
    High Turnover

Overall the company is fantastic to work for if you are a hard working, dedicated individual, who wants to reap the rewards of your efforts. They give you all the tools you need to succeed and you just have to sieze the opportunity. People who succeed at this job are mentally tough, don't take no for an answer, are incredibly driven, and willing to do whatever it takes to succeed.

Go hard, or Go home

Current Employee - Logistics Account Executive in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Unlimited opportunity, you get what you put in, hard work is rewarded, fast paced/high energy, great coworkers and support system, promote from within, gives back to employees and community, learn something new every day, 24/7 accessibility to office and technology,

Cons

Work/Life balance is hard, especially in the first year, long hours, takes around a year or more to make really good money, need to be computer savvy, sometimes I don't get a chance to eat lunch, it doesn't stop, this job is not for everyone.

Get rid of the draw! (I think it's actually happening!)

Great stepping stone

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics

Pros

This job will provide nothing but the best training. They give you all the tools you need to be successful.

Cons

The base salary is 35k and when you take out taxes and insurance you end up getting about $970 bi weekly and you put in over 40+ hours a week. Once on commission they only give you 25% of your earnings and 20% if the customer has worked with tql before. They are a little on the greedy side.

Give good brokers a pay raise of 50k a year until their account is up and running. It will raise morale and produce productivity.

Former Employee - Sales Account Executive in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Sales Account Executive in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Total Quality Logistics

Pros

Unlimited earning potential, fun atmosphere, rewarded for hard work

Cons

Long hours, really a 24/7 and lifestyle type position

Impressive what you have accomplished!

Great starting job

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

training, environment, paycheck in the bank no matter what

Cons

draw, selling service versus product, even on vacation - there is no vacation. always taking calls on vacation

more team motivation.

Be very careful before choosing to work here.

Current Employee - Sales in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Sales in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Beer drop Fridays are nice. They have good workout facilities that are free. Building is nice and training is provided.

Cons

Lack of integrity and commitment to employees. Employees are treated like bodies and the business model is to churn through new hires hoping someone becomes a cash cow for them (unless you went to school with the executive leadership). Extremely high attrition rate throughout company. Be careful of positive reviews on this site. Executive leadership have fake positive reviews written to offset the bad reviews, which is a good example of the level of integrity.

Management is not interested in advice.

TQL Honest Review

Current Employee - Sales Team Leader in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Sales Team Leader in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great office environment. Young and hungry sales floor with a lot of different events held: Happy Hours, Corn Hold tourny's, Golf Outings, Holiday parties, etc. Unlimited Earning potential with great benefits. Great Training Program, with people dedicated to helping you succeed.

Cons

Long Hours, and many phone calls are needed to become successful. It can take longer than most expect to start making good money.

STL Mentor

Current Employee - STL in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - STL in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Salary. To go from pay check to pay check prior to working here to the point where I can provide a great life without financial struggles for my family . My spouse can be stay at home to raise our children how we prefer.
    Everyone works as a team and helps out when needed. Rewarding on many levels. Advancement opportunities come much quicker than many companies.

Cons

Challenges are it can have stress at times and you have to be accessible after hours which cut into work/home life balance.

Young, nice place to work

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Working with a team, good training for the job ahead. Good structure as well for organization.

Cons

High levels of stress. Lots of way to find loopholes get around rules as well. Purely results driven no need to be a good or kind person.

Changed my life.

Current Employee - Logistics Account Executive in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Money. The uncapped earning potential has changed my life. Also, working in a fast paced, always changing environment makes the days exciting and work day go by quickly.

Cons

The rejection and cold calls are not easy handle, however that is an industry obstacle. TQL pushes people extremely hard to make phone calls and put more than just an 8-5 into it. If an 8-5 is what you are looking for -- TQL isn't for you.

Total Quality Logistics Photos