Total Quality Logistics

Updated December 16, 2014
3.9

Total Quality Logistics Founder, CEO, and President Kenneth Oaks
Kenneth Oaks

Pros
  • work environment helps to offset some of the stress of the job (in 45 reviews)

• There is unlimited earning potential; literally the sky is the limit (in 44 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is nearly non-existant, at least for the first couple of years (in 42 reviews)

• the workload is very front-end heavy - with long long hours (in 69 reviews)

More Highlights

210 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Former Employee - Sales Account Executive in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Sales Account Executive in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Total Quality Logistics

Pros

Unlimited earning potential, fun atmosphere, rewarded for hard work

Cons

Long hours, really a 24/7 and lifestyle type position

Impressive what you have accomplished!

Great starting job

Current Employee - Logistics Account Executive in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

training, environment, paycheck in the bank no matter what

Cons

draw, selling service versus product, even on vacation - there is no vacation. always taking calls on vacation

more team motivation.

TQL Honest Review

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great office environment. Young and hungry sales floor with a lot of different events held: Happy Hours, Corn Hold tourny's, Golf Outings, Holiday parties, etc. Unlimited Earning potential with great benefits. Great Training Program, with people dedicated to helping you succeed.

Cons

Long Hours, and many phone calls are needed to become successful. It can take longer than most expect to start making good money.

STL Mentor

Current Employee - STL in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - STL in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Salary. To go from pay check to pay check prior to working here to the point where I can provide a great life without financial struggles for my family . My spouse can be stay at home to raise our children how we prefer.
    Everyone works as a team and helps out when needed. Rewarding on many levels. Advancement opportunities come much quicker than many companies.

Cons

Challenges are it can have stress at times and you have to be accessible after hours which cut into work/home life balance.

Young, nice place to work

Current Employee - Logistics Account Executive in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Working with a team, good training for the job ahead. Good structure as well for organization.

Cons

High levels of stress. Lots of way to find loopholes get around rules as well. Purely results driven no need to be a good or kind person.

Changed my life.

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Money. The uncapped earning potential has changed my life. Also, working in a fast paced, always changing environment makes the days exciting and work day go by quickly.

Cons

The rejection and cold calls are not easy handle, however that is an industry obstacle. TQL pushes people extremely hard to make phone calls and put more than just an 8-5 into it. If an 8-5 is what you are looking for -- TQL isn't for you.

Where else can I make $100K + before the age of 30?

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

My effort directly correlates to my success. I am given the tools and resources to succeed.

Cons

It's a competitive industry. Most weeks are pressure filled.

Higher commission rates would make our company more desirable to candidates.

Better than I imagined.

Current Employee - Sales Team Leader in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Sales Team Leader in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fast paced, pay (very generous while on commission), and growth potential. There is always something planned in the office to keep everything fun and interesting. This company is growing and leadership positions are opening all over the place. You won't have to wait for someone to retire if you want to move up within a company.

Cons

Nothing to add. I am completely satisfied. You just have to work hard and you will get out what you put in.

Logistics Account Coordinator

Former Employee - Logistics Account Executive in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Logistics Account Executive in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Total Quality Logistics full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Ken Oaks created a great company. They're training is great, and all the tools you need are given. At the HQ, you have a 24 hour gym. You can work from home on the weekends if you wished, and your team leaders are always available and more than willing to help. My sales trainer was nothing short of awful, and my GSM was really great, but definitely new at managing a team. My entire team was really great, and we enjoyed each other both at work and after hours. They put money into sending teams to Reds games and to other fun activities outside of work. The work-life balance to start out is tough, because the sales portion requires a lot of time. However, it is not uncommon for the top executives to come around at 6:30 at night handing out dinner-which was really awesome. Overall a top-notch company to work for. However, if you are not a sales person, you should not waste your time or theirs. Ken Oaks has created a company where everyone has unlimited potential, but you have to great talking to all types of people, and you have to be a class A sales person. If that's not you, then this probably isn't the job for you. The starting salary was barely enough for me to make it on my own, and that was BEFORE I had to start paying my student loans back. But I suppose that is done to motivate you to work harder and create a better book of business. Needless to say sales was NOT my thing, but I still enjoyed everyone I worked with and wouldn't trade the experience I had for anything.

Cons

Difficult starting salary, long hours (if you wanted to do well)

Like aforementioned, Ken Oaks has created a company filled with executives who truly want to be there and help others be successful. He definitely did everything right. I had even met him a couple times, and he deserves nothing but respect.

Good Opportunity but stressful

Current Employee - Sales in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Sales in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great opportunity at TQL, can make a ton of money if you build up your book of business. Environment is fun though it can be load and distracting at times. Good on the job training for both technology (internal platform) and sales cycle. If you prove your worth from a sales standpoint and show leadership there is a lot of opportunity to move up. Most of the sales managers have been promoted from within.

Cons

It is a high stress environment but most sales jobs are. You'll be on the phone a lot but if you can't figure that out from the interview process you weren't paying attention.

Keep it up, continue focusing on your employees and their growth. Great things continue to be ahead.

Total Quality Logistics Photos