Total Quality Logistics

Updated December 16, 2014
3.9

Total Quality Logistics Founder, CEO, and President Kenneth Oaks
Kenneth Oaks

Pros
  • work environment helps to offset some of the stress of the job (in 45 reviews)

• There is unlimited earning potential; literally the sky is the limit (in 44 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is nearly non-existant, at least for the first couple of years (in 42 reviews)

• the workload is very front-end heavy - with long long hours (in 69 reviews)

More Highlights

Former Employee - Sales Account Executive in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Sales Account Executive in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Total Quality Logistics

Pros

Unlimited earning potential, fun atmosphere, rewarded for hard work

Cons

Long hours, really a 24/7 and lifestyle type position

Impressive what you have accomplished!

LAET so far so good...

Current Employee - LAET in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - LAET in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (less than an year)

Pros

-Great work environment, no micromanagement you work hard you play hard. You get what you put in. It's not an easy job so its not for everyone. If you want to have financial freedom this is the job for you. The base pay sucks but seeing your mentors and trainer make tons of money gives you motivation on the possibilities in your hand. You just have to be patience and work hard and everything will fall into place

Cons

-Base pay, cannot live off of if you have a family, only about 1k every two weeks after taxes
    -benefits are ok but not better than my old job. you have to wait a month and a half before they kick in

Your base pay should be base on prior experience, most kids coming out of college can survive on Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches but grown ups cannot. I'm glad I have a good saving to keep me going until I can get some customers of my own. Other than that the outlook it good if you not worried about the base salary

Account Executive- TQL has brought high success to my life. I am very thankful for the opportunity TQL has given me.

Current Employee - Account Executive in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The opportunity is endless. Sky is the limit. TQL sets each and every individual up for success. TQL gives every employee the same stepping stones.

Cons

You gotta put in the work to be successful, sometimes the hours are draining and repetitive. Not always an easy job. Sometimes others can be negative.

Hire more quality people. Hire those that want it.

Logistics Account Executive

Current Employee - Logistic Account Executive in Erlanger, KY
    Current Employee - Logistic Account Executive in Erlanger, KY

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Unlimited Earning Potential. Great work environment

Cons

Long hours required to build your business

We work hard and play hard

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics

Pros

There is a great sense of teamwork and camaraderie, if you work hard you can quickly advance within the company, there is a high level of autonomy - you get to run your own business and take the driver's seat in any situation on your account. Benefits are excellent, and the company also does a good job of keeping their employees happy and making them feel appreciated.The location is convenient, the overall environment is great, and the sky is the limit with your paycheck.

Cons

Managing account while out of the office can be difficul at first, but once you build a team on your account it gets much easier.

Uncapped earning potential, challenging

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Uncapped earning potential, yet challenging in a constructive way. Growth promoted from within as early as 2+ years.

Cons

Turnover can be discouraging, but this company retains the strongest, most successful people in the industry.

Keep up the good work!

Acct executive

I worked at Total Quality Logistics

Pros

Great experience
    networking
    Good $$
    Fun environment

Cons

Managers normally promoted based on sales, doesn't always mean they're good at managing too.

Too much freedom in satellite offices

TQL Honest Review

Current Employee - Sales Team Leader in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Sales Team Leader in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great office environment. Young and hungry sales floor with a lot of different events held: Happy Hours, Corn Hold tourny's, Golf Outings, Holiday parties, etc. Unlimited Earning potential with great benefits. Great Training Program, with people dedicated to helping you succeed.

Cons

Long Hours, and many phone calls are needed to become successful. It can take longer than most expect to start making good money.

STL Mentor

Current Employee - STL in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - STL in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Salary. To go from pay check to pay check prior to working here to the point where I can provide a great life without financial struggles for my family . My spouse can be stay at home to raise our children how we prefer.
    Everyone works as a team and helps out when needed. Rewarding on many levels. Advancement opportunities come much quicker than many companies.

Cons

Challenges are it can have stress at times and you have to be accessible after hours which cut into work/home life balance.

Great starting job

Current Employee - Logistics Account Executive in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Logistics Account Executive in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

training, environment, paycheck in the bank no matter what

Cons

draw, selling service versus product, even on vacation - there is no vacation. always taking calls on vacation

more team motivation.