Total Quality Logistics Reviews

Updated March 25, 2015
536 reviews filtered by

1. It's a hustle in a great atmosphere.

Former Employee - Logistics Account Executive in West Chester, OH
    Former Employee - Logistics Account Executive in West Chester, OH

I worked at Total Quality Logistics full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Upper management and everyone in the office cares about your success. Beer on Fridays and casual days are amazing. Average age in the office is 20 something so it was nice being around similar people.

Cons

Cold calling all day. There is a database of leads/prospects, you select who you want to call and go from there. Rarely are you given a warm lead. Hours are very long too. You are expected to put in 80+ hours a week in order to be successful. The industry of transportation can be a little sketchy too.

Keep doing what you're doing. Find a way to incorporate more work/life balance and ways to reduce stress.

2. Account executive

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics

Pros

You work with great people who wants to see you exceed

Cons

Work life balance is a struggle

3. Great environment and people, but the market is so saturated with brokers it is extremely difficult to get customers.

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics

Pros

The employee engagement is amazing.

Cons

Stressful, long hours, and too many brokers.

I don't have anything because I actually like the management here.

5. All you need to know

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at Total Quality Logistics

Pros

The pros are that you work with some cool people. Not a bad pay coming out of college. When I left this place I didn't take my next job for granted because I know how awed il people have it at TQL.

Cons

This is a terrible place. A manager once emailed the team saying if you want to succeed here you have to stay from 7am-7pm. If you want to be stressed 99% of the job then come here. Don't look at this place as a stepping stone because it will drain you and turn you into an employee no company wants. I normally don't go out of my way to comment about a terrible place but people need to know not to come work here. Dont get desperate and come here because no other job has offered. Wait it out. Work at McDonald's before here.

Where do I start? So many people have tried to tell you this place sucks. My comment doesn't matter.

WORST JOB IMAGINABLE!! All the positive reviews are written by the TQL recruiters- that is their main job!!!!! RUN!!!!!

Current Employee - Logistics Account Executive in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Logistics Account Executive in Denver, CO

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics

Pros

There is nothing good to say about this company.

Cons

Everything. No lunch break. They make you eat at your desk with your headset on and continue to make phone calls. You will get paid about $400 a week (less than minimum wage).

Get new management. Start at the top.

7. Logistics Account Executive

I worked at Total Quality Logistics full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Opportunity to make money is there.

Cons

When you go on your own you become a team of one in this feast or famine sales role. You learn that you are simply a number that can be replaced by incoming new hires each and every month.

Treat everyone fair and don't choose favorites.

8. Its hard work with long hours but if it were easy everyone would be doing it. The money is there, dependent on you.

Current Employee - Logistics Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Logistics Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics

Pros

Uncapped commission, being in control of your own customers, good people

Cons

The occasional six day work week

I was an intern last summer and they treated me great. Keep doing what your doing Chicago

9. Good place to learn skills and make money

Current Employee - Logistics Account Executive in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Logistics Account Executive in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics

Pros

There's a huge emphasis on the team and also having fun. You learn new skills that will stay with you long after the job, and there is an opportunity for making a lot of money.

Cons

It's hard. Some weeks your board is empty or a load drops out. At some point, though, you realize they are paying you to continue trying to make money, so it's how you look at it.

10. This is a great company!

Former Employee - Logistics Account Executive Trainee in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Logistics Account Executive Trainee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Total Quality Logistics

Pros

There is so much freedom to conduct your business in the way that you want. You get out everything that you put in. The work environment is very fun and everyone offered advice when needed.

Cons

I hate that you need to sit in front of a computer for the majority of the day and continue on the phones.

This company would be so much better if employees had more travel rather than being at the desk all the time.

Was not for me- but may be up an introvert's alley..

Former Employee - Logistics Account Executive in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Logistics Account Executive in Columbus, OH

I worked at Total Quality Logistics

Pros

The culture is very young and diverse. They do a great job, especially in Columbus of making events during the day/after working hours for team bonding and volunteering. Beer drops and happy hours are always a perk! It is easy to make friends here because everyone is your age and you spend so much time with the people there. Management is very interested in seeing you succeed. The trainers at the Columbus location are absolutely superb, as well.

Cons

Absolutely no work/life balance- the job is super demanding and you must put things first or else you will be fired or punished. The newly implemented "no-draw" program caused many employees to lose commissions before the "no-draw" was established and there was a draw, it just did not build. They get away with this by calling it a "goal". Mandatory, unpaid overtime. Forced to lie to carriers/customers about locations of truckers and different aspects about the load. Very high stress environment. You are given the opportunity to succeed depending on whose good side you are on when someone quits or gets fired. At the Columbus office, specifically, you are forced to stay an extra unpaid hour each week for a "prospecting power hour" or else you could get into trouble and would be warned. There are no lunch breaks- not even a 30 minute walk around the park is something that is allowed without being unnoticed. Very very stressful and is not something for someone who wants a social life or likes seeing new things each day.

Spend some more time chilling out and realize that not everyone works in the same way as you did in their position. If you are going to hold events for mandatory overtime, encourage employees to take lunches or a breather every day in order to keep everyone in high spirits and relieve stress.

Total Quality Logistics Photos