Total Safety

Updated November 29, 2014
2.6

Total Safety CEO Troy Thacker
Troy Thacker

A dynamic company that is loaded with opportunities

Current Employee - Marketing Projects Specialist in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Marketing Projects Specialist in Houston, TX

I have been working at Total Safety full-time (more than an year)

Pros

In the years that I have worked at Total Safety, I feel that my professional skills have been appreciated and well compensated. My managers provide me opportunities to improve my skill set and do not micro-manage my projects. My co-workers, both in my office and throughout the facility, are friendly and hard-working individuals that have a lot of pride in the important work that we, and Total Safety do.

Cons

Because Total Safety is such a dynamic company and growing so rapidly, it can be a challenge to balance work and home life. But, I enjoy the work I do and the people I work with; so it's not too bad.

Continue valuing your employees and allowing them to seek training. In the long run it benefits all of us.

MANAGEMENT SUCKS

Current Employee - H2S Tech in Karnes City, TX
    Current Employee - H2S Tech in Karnes City, TX

I have been working at Total Safety full-time (more than an year)

Pros

working with great co workers

Cons

Management at Karnes City refuse to provide housing in an industry that provides housing to their employees, KARNES CITY will not. Better off wotking elsewhere
    STARTING PAY
    $14 starting. they say $21 but youll never see it. This place is a joke.
    NOT TOO SAFETY ORIENTED AS A COMPANY
    the name is TOTAL SAFETY but they dont practice what they preach. The district manager is all about BOTTOM LINE and will not support the workers when it comes to pay raises, company vehicles or housing

Take care of the employees that take care of you. KARNES CITY is going down hill, fast

Good company. Fast-paced. Fast-growth. Never boring.

Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Total Safety full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I really love working at Total Safety and look forward to coming to work each day. The company is agile. It does not take an Act of Congress to make a decision. They respect your knowledge and experience. Your accomplishments are recognized. Also, it is unique that all members of the team are included in the decision-making process. It is great to know that your opion is not only respected, it is encouraged.

Very open and honest atmosphere. Your successes are celebrated in front of the whole company. The CEO, Troy Thacker, is energetic and has fresh ideas. He listens to people and is often out in the field. Who does not love an environment where even the CEO rolls up his shirts sleeves and leadership walks the worksite? Very personable.

The safety culture is the best I have ever experienced. People here really do care about safety and it does not end when they clock out.

Cons

This is a lot like a starttup environment, so if you want to be successful at Total Safety, you should be high energy and flexible. Things can change quickly, especially when it comes to customer needs. Total Safety is customer-oriented and acts fast to ensure the customer is satisfied. If you are the "total" package, then you have the right stuff to work here -- pun intended.

In a fast-paced environment, it is more important than ever to stay in touch with your employees by encouraging their ideas and feedback.

Terrible Management with Unreasonable Expectations

Former Employee - Technician in Karnes City, TX
    Former Employee - Technician in Karnes City, TX

I worked at Total Safety full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great employees at the ground level. Good chances to gain skills if you fight for it.

Cons

Management is out of touch with reality. Unreasonable expectations. Pay lower than average in the sector. "Shield of Rights" is a joke. They will retaliate against you if you use it.

Listen to the people below you. Learn realistic expectations of your people.

I enjoyed my time with total Safety, just not one of the bosses.

Former Employee - Rather Not Say At This Time in La Porte, TX
    Former Employee - Rather Not Say At This Time in La Porte, TX

I worked at Total Safety full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Can't think of any at this time.

Cons

I agree with a previous comment if you like being belittled and punished for doing your job this is the job for you. I did my job with no complaints from my customers. Then they hired a new boss who made everyday a nightmare for me. I was belittled every other day and my job was threatened. When i voiced my concerns i was demoted.

Get management trained on being alittle more conciderate.

Most Unprofessional Work Experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Total Safety full-time

Pros

There are absolutely NO PROS, other than some good coworkers.

Cons

If you are willing to take being belittled, abused, demeaned, humiliated, favoritism, and 3rd world working conditions, rescheduled without notice, and retaliated against when concerns are voiced, then this is the job for you.

Get a grip on the reality of what many hourly employees are enduring and why turnover is increasing while production and quality continues to plummet before the whole company is ruined.

Not organized

Former Employee - Safety Attendant in Clute, TX
    Former Employee - Safety Attendant in Clute, TX

I worked at Total Safety as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Does have good Safety People

Cons

Bad employees, very immature clique environment.

Great experience, learned quite a bit, and loved management in the HSE Division.

Former Employee - Field Safety Officer in Broussard, LA
    Former Employee - Field Safety Officer in Broussard, LA

I worked at Total Safety full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great opportunity for knowledge & growth in the HSE field. You can easily make good money if you work hard, represent the company well when on projects, learn from others around you, & really apply yourself. You also have a great opportunity to really network & market yourself to a lot of companies, creating more possibilities if ever needed.

Cons

They have a few 'less than stellar' technicians that really cause issues on projects. And it seems as though they are impossible to get rid of, or management just doesn't want to pull the trigger on letting them go. In the end, they represent the company in an unprofessional way, which has/can cause the company to lose contracts, therefore causing you to lose out on money.

Get rid of the unprofessional, unproductive employees, and pay your great ones much more. This will help in decreasing a/the potential high turn-over rate, giving you longevity and quality assurance with sound personnel, saving you money in the investments you make with each employee as well as contracts with clients.

Good company

Former Employee - Air Tech in Pasadena, TX
    Former Employee - Air Tech in Pasadena, TX

I worked at Total Safety full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fairness and loyalty treat you like family we'll organize and very safety oriented and good training management was satisfactory could have been better

Cons

Very little opportunity for advancement and you have to be willing to travel a lot if you want to stay employed or be layed off until they have local work in your area again

None

Run crazy! Understaffed .no support or training time. Its a shame too.best account going to the dogs .

Former Employee - Supervisor in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Denver, CO

I worked at Total Safety (more than an year)

Pros

Great co workers, working as a team, interacting with some great customers.Plenty of work

Cons

70+ hours a week all the time. Crappy management . Losing good people cause thier not part of the click

Value your hard workers that play by the rules.not the sexual harassers you refuse to fire