Total Technical Services Reviews

Updated November 4, 2014
7 reviews filtered by
2.6
Ijaz Mahboob

1. Total Technical Services.

Current Contractor - Engineer in Boston, MA
    Current Contractor - Engineer in Boston, MA

I have been working at Total Technical Services as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Its what you would expect from any other contracting agency I guess. As a contractor you will typically get a fatter paycheck to compensate for little or no benefits. You will have to do the math to see if your hourly wage will add up to a comparable salary after figuring out how many sick / unpaid days off you will likely take. Your work will mostly depend on the company you do contracting work for. Great way to get a foot in the door with a good company if you work well and have the opportunity to be hired from a contracting position.

Cons

I would not mind getting paid vacation time. They only match 401k benifits if you stay with them for 2 years. (I only had a 2 year contract.) You can buy your own medical insurance through the company.

Give paid vacation time, raises.

2. Bad company with management issues from the top down.

Current Contractor - Lab Tech in Bethel, CT
    Current Contractor - Lab Tech in Bethel, CT

Pros

Decent pay for temporary work. Temp work for strong companies. Able to interact with the employee of the company that TTS was contracted for. Decent benefits for contracted workers.

Cons

Hiring problem from the top down. Management is inept. Recruiters only care about roping in new workers and will completely ignore current employee phone calls and emails. Large amount of workers in a sort time makes for many bad hired.

Keep working at building relationships with employees.

3. n/a

Former Employee - Cell Site Installer in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Cell Site Installer in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Total Technical Services full-time (less than a year)

Pros

ok company to work for.

Cons

work they get do not last long

n/a

5. Network Engineer

Current Employee - Network Engineer in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Network Engineer in Boston, MA

I have been working at Total Technical Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Friendly account manager and they allow consultants to interact with clients directly

Cons

Lack of support from the main office to the consultants at the field. They don't aggressively seek out new opportunity for exiting consultants.

Be more proactive in seeking out the contracts

6. Cog in the machine

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Total Technical Services as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

I suppose working instead of collecting unemployment.

Cons

Absolutely DO NOT believe in keeping talent with industry standard compensation and benefits. They offer NO health insurance, NO life insurance, NO disability, not even a dental coupon. After 6 months you get a measly 6 paid holidays a year and 5 whole paid time off / vacation days. They claim 401k, but do NOT match contributions in any way. They low ball your salary, then sell your services to other companies at a premium.

7. I learned a lot about the industry and how business is conducted.

Former Employee - Account Executive in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Dallas, TX

I worked at Total Technical Services full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Worked with good people in the Dallas office and got to know a few nationwide.

Cons

The Dallas branch was downsizing.

Keep evolving.

8. Totally caring, free encouraging place to work

Current Employee - Technical Assistant II in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Assistant II in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Total Technical Services

Pros

The money honey!!! I love,love the benefits and we all are so enncouraged to take and use our time off each year.

Cons

distibuting the workload needs to be improved. But other than that I don't have any other complaints. Management is ok.

Well, when leadership/managment is changed please continue in your thorough training of them. This really makes a world of difference!