Totaljobs Group Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
4.1
Mark Little

1. It really is a great place to work....

I have been working at Totaljobs Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

A really great place to work, where people are given the freedom to really build their career. Work hard and you will be rewarded, and then you get to play hard too! Benefits are excellent as are the sales incentives, although these can sometimes appear biased towards certain teams.

Cons

Can be political, but most companies are.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in innovation and reward managers on growth!

2. OSE

Current Employee - Ose in Leeds, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Ose in Leeds, England (UK)

I have been working at Totaljobs Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great working environment, excellent sales intensives, supported well by managers, very much man managed environment to enhance sales performance. Great leadership and a wealth of knowledge shared. Regular rewards for hard work put in to the business. The best sales job I have ever had, 100% whole hardly love my job!!

Cons

To be honest its hard to pick a con here, as the whole package is superb, however from a purely sales point of view the basic could be hire.

Advice to Management

Management at Totaljobs is next to none, the knowledge, support and coaching is the next level, you are never in dought you have full support and also see sales talent. and is rightfully rewarded.

3. Fantastic environment to grow your career

I have been working at Totaljobs Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management support you in continued growth
    Leadership team are transparent regarding strategy
    Excellent colleagues
    Recently moved into a fantastic new office environment
    Training on a variety of different courses

Cons

Since the office move, there is more fluidity between different departments. Before we would have different parts of the office located in 2 offices.

5. Lots of change, investment and growth

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Totaljobs Group

Pros

Exciting, fast paced environment;
    Big growth during 2014;
    Lots of restructuring throughout this year which has given a lot more focus to vision and strategy of long-term vision although has also been unsettling for some areas;
    Big financial investment in a number of areas such as an amazing office move in London, technology and digital marketing.
    Communication in terms of what is going on within the business is good. Compensation is definitely in-line with market rates from within the online, digital, media sector although benefits could improve slightly.
    Lots of holidays and encouragement to have good work/life balance.

Cons

Lack of accountability exists within some departments and communication across departments can be poor.

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your points and take these on board.

6. A great place to work!

I have been working at Totaljobs Group

Pros

Excellent atmosphere, Great environment, Diversity, Brilliant Benefits, countless team building events, Amazing office and Location.

Cons

Some Salaries can be described as uncompetitive.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your points and take these on board.

7. The best company I have worked for by far!

I have been working at Totaljobs Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly, approachable, respectful and fun environment to work in. The offices are incredible with panoramic views of London with great offerings in the subsidised canteen (£4 for large hot lunch!!! Great in London). Management are open to ideas, are transparent and recognise you for doing a great job. As a whole the company is moving very quickly and growing so it's an exciting place to work. Highly recommended!

Cons

None that I can think of so far in my employment.

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your points and take these on board.

Good company. The engineering team is full of friendly people

I have been working at Totaljobs Group

Pros

Good place to work for, with relatively good compensation. People are friendly and work and life balance

Cons

A bit slow in embracing new technology and practices

9. All the gear and no idea

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at Totaljobs Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Holiday entitlement 29 days and you are able the buy or sell 3. If you are one of the lucky few that can over achieve target you can make some great commission. Fantastic team spirit. Some very talented sales, marketing, technical and creative employees

Cons

Projects being undertaken across the Company, with no clear structure or feedback as to there outcome leaving resources stretched. No clear definition of targets in some cases just suck it and see approach. Salaries are lower than market rate some by up to 10-15 on basic. Some management totally out of touch with market and team. No room for career progression.

Advice to Management

Learn to understand you teams and develop them not suppress them.

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your points and take these on board.

We have a dedicated communications resource that is committed to sharing the results of all of our employee’s hard
    ... More

10. Misinformation when recruited. Very cliquey laddish environment. An extreme focus on meetings.

I worked at Totaljobs Group full-time

Pros

Hours were good 9-5. A good central locaion. Near the British Museam if you just wanted to pop in for lunch to unwind.

Cons

An old decrepit work area.
    Very cliquey environment
    Very laddish environment. If you don't partake in that then your seen as a bit of a wierdo.
    No innovating fast enough.
    Too much emphasis on meetings.
    Too much praise of themselves without looking at what is happening around them.
    Too slow to innovate (look at their mobile site)
    Joined the company told there was a share save scheme (only to find out on joining that this was not the case)
    No health benefit
    No paid sick days until you pass probation

Advice to Management

Stop congratulating your selves.
    Give your teams more freedom to do what you want.
    Make decisions faster (i.e. innovations is fast and risky but then the rewards are great)
    Get rid of cliquey middle management
    Think about giving people sick days in their first six months instead of treating them as some kind of pariahs; until they pass the probationary period

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your points and take these on board.

We have recently moved to a fantastic new office on the South Bank called the Blue Fin Building (see pictures above

11. A sinking ship under new leadership direction

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Totaljobs Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits probably one of the best when it comes to flexibility on holidays etc

Relaxed atmosphere

Cons

Poor management. Very sales orientated. Meaning other departments will get neglected in terms of rewarding staff.

I know politics is everywhere but this is by far the worst place to work in regards to politics. Management don't deal with issues that really hurt the business or teams by trying to understand the problems and rectify it and introducing so called new ideas without first identifying what the teams actually do for a living.

Very upper echelon bullying tactics involved. You will get shunned if you are not a yes person to everything they say.

Only like to hear what they want to hear. People lose their jobs and management can't even be bothered to let staff know this face to face and rely on others to relay this to direct subordinates. Very unprofessional.

Unskilled people with lack of experience can be promoted to senior staff as long as management likes you meaning more politics involved.

HR benchmarking is completely abysmal and under wrong categories as they don't understand what you do for a living nor do they care. Salary can be up to 10k less than industry average depending on what role you apply for.

Advice to Management

Understand you're teams. What they do first and discuss what potential changes are viable or not. They know the job better than yourself. That's what you hired them for. Trust their expertise and not expect them to nod at your every whim.

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your points and take these on board.

We are committed to rewarding our staff and have incentive schemes tailored to each department.

Management take on