TouchCommerce Reviews

Updated March 4, 2015
15 reviews filtered by
2.7
Bernard Louvat

1. Great company and people.

I worked at TouchCommerce

Pros

People work hard while having a good work-life balance.

Cons

Some departments are understaffed and people have more clients than they can take care of.

Take better care of your employees by staffing better.

2. Probably the worst company you'll ever work for

Former Employee - Senior Implementation Engineer in Agoura Hills, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Implementation Engineer in Agoura Hills, CA

I worked at TouchCommerce full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Very small handful of talented, friendly coworkers
    - Food truck (about once a year)

Cons

- Horrendous executive/upper management with no clue on how to run a company
    - Huge disconnect between management and staff employees with no interest from management to better the working conditions or incorporate feedback from staff
    - No opportunities for advancement, dead-end jobs given to employees
    - Poorly designed products that never evolve or advance with current technology
    - No cross-collaboration amongst internal depts, lots of in-fighting
    - Terrible benefits offered to employees
    - Below market wages
    - CEO is completely disconnected from the daily goings on within the company, shows no interest in improving employee morale

To anyone who is considering working here - stay FAR away! It'll likely be the worst career move you'll ever make.

Listen to your staff and start making positive changes for your employees and improve their working conditions!

Really bad place to work - horrible culture and bad pay

I have been working at TouchCommerce full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There really are not any pros to working at this company

Cons

Inconsistent Policies, Bad Leaders, The company is cheap and employees are underpaid. The benefits cost a fortune. Employees are not treated well

Start investing in your staff and stop acting like arrogant no-good leaders

5. Chill Desk Job, You learn patience, communication & soft skills

I worked at TouchCommerce full-time (more than a year)

Pros

All the employees were easy to get along with

Cons

It's a dead end job for chat/sales & QA agents.

6. No job growth...no stability...everyone is in fear of loosing what little they have

Former Employee - Sales Chat Agent in Agoura Hills, CA

I worked at TouchCommerce full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Most of the employees are very upbeat about their job. Great Benefits. Flexible hours.

Cons

Unprofessional. Agents that have worked years at this company are let go at a moments notice. No concern about retaining employees.

The office culture of this job is like an daytime drama television episode. If you are a chat agent and unliked by management, you will go nowhere. You will only advance at TC if you leave the company. Adults act like children. Supervisors spend their day surfing Facebook and UTube.

The internet is constantly changing. And to meet the needs of those changes, you need to catch up with what is going on around you. Technology...Nobody cares about the changing technology. All they care about is obtaining contracts to keep everything a float. Which is not a long-term goal.

It was a nice place to work.

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Agoura Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in Agoura Hills, CA

I have been working at TouchCommerce full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The company seems to care about the employees and commonly has lunch brought in and fun festivities on Halloween and other fun holidays. This however does not take away from the professionalism that is seen throughout the company. They offer health plans and dental and the HR department is always helpful should you have any questions on changing your benefits.

Cons

If you are paid hourly, there will rarely be overtime offered. Additionally, they dont offer 401K matching, although each year, there will have a financial advisor come in to help review any updates, or answer any questions on the 401K plans.

I have no idea how to run a company. I dont know how or why policies are made. Therefore, I will not be providing any advice and it would be entirely without merit.

8. Pretty easy job, but very dead end

Former Employee - Sales Chat Agent
    Former Employee - Sales Chat Agent

I worked at TouchCommerce full-time (more than a year)

Pros

It's very easy to learn, becomes repetitive really. Full time work, okay pay, benefits, paid sick and time off when you accumulate it. Opportunities to make commission as a sales agent. Personally got a lot of prizes there for being top customer service (Gift cards, tablets, etc). They will reward you if you're good in some ways, but really punish their employees in others.

Cons

You can tell the sales and cust. service agents are the lowest of the low. Management treats them like garbage. Takes away their benefits, constantly makes them change their schedules, very hard to change your hours, doesn't give them holidays off (I worked for Sprint, however, which is the worst department. They are the most strict and have the worst schedules available). Rules got a little ridiculous sometimes. Very short breaks and lunches. We also had some INSANE account managers and higher ups who would complain about everything agents did. Towards the end they started taking away more and more privileges.

not for sales people if you are used to building a territory and closing business

Former Employee - Sales Director in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Director in San Francisco, CA

I worked at TouchCommerce full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great idea and sales model. But no professional sales skills to speak of

Cons

The executive travels like the peanuts gang and doesn't want sales people to sell. They like selling and it's going to stay that way.

keep selling you're doing a good job but hire professional C level people who can grow the company.

Great place to work if you're not an agent.

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Agoura Hills, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Agoura Hills, CA

I worked at TouchCommerce full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I mostly worked with Engineering and IT, and those are the best group of people I've worked with. I had great exposure to upper management (CEO/CTO) as a lowly engineer and I felt they listened to what I said. I felt they had big plans for me, so it was really hard for me to leave.

Cons

I live near Santa Monica, so the commute was the biggest minus.

Even though I was a "full employee", it was starkly obvious the two tiered system between agents and everybody else.

Other than move engineering to West Los Angeles, I would recommend integrating agents more into the general operations of things. I feel it would be too easy to make them feel excluded.

The agents are what make the product.

11. If you need something to get by...

Current Employee - Sales Chat Agent in Agoura Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Chat Agent in Agoura Hills, CA

I have been working at TouchCommerce full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Medical and Dental + 401k (but no longer matched), reliable job. Casual dress code. Workout room and free food every now and then.

Cons

You're opinion/feedback doesn't matter, been made to feel like an idiot when I've tried to give reasonable feedback for how to make client communications better. Feels like you're back in high school as you're often scolded if you make a small mistake. Specific supervisor would call people out on the floor in order to embarrass them.

The upper management is trying as they've recently held focus groups based on employee satisfaction. Although a few of the employees do act like they are in 5th grade, please do not judge us all based on that.

TouchCommerce Photos