TouchCommerce Reviews

Reset
2.7
Bernard Louvat

1. Great Environment

I have been working at TouchCommerce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a great place to work. Your own talents are appreciated, and there's always something new to learn. The company works hard to nurture their employees with activities that encourage physical and mental well-being, along with company-wide or team-wide functions on a regular basis. You're encouraged to take time off and be with your family, as well.

Cons

Administrative timing needs a little improvement.

2. Wonderful and Refreshing Company Culture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northridge, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northridge, CA

I have been working at TouchCommerce full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Completely positive work environment. Focus on health, fitness, and work/life balance. Much room for growth.

Cons

I honestly can not think of any. I held several positions here, and I have enjoyed each one. I have liked it here from day one, and the company has only grown better.

Amazing Opportunities for Professional and Personal Growth

I have been working at TouchCommerce full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

+ Wonderful co-workers that are very smart and sharp, you can learn tons if you're in it to win it. The work atmosphere is very friendly, with lots of laughs throughout the day (I'm working in the Operations department). + Appreciation is given for a job well done. Hard work and dedication are definitely rewarded and there are tons of career opportunities. + Challenging work, it never gets boring and LOTS of room for individualism. + Great relationships with clients, TouchCommerce really grows by doing an amazing job with its clients, so it’s just very fulfilling work we do. + Awesome FUN Committee, just had the most amazing company picnic last week with tons of good food and drinks and games for team bonding. + Down to Earth Management – you can chat with the CEO or any other member of the Executive Team and exchange ideas or share your opinion. + Everyone has the opportunity to make this company better for as long as people stay productive (mere complaining won’t get you anywhere… constructive criticism is what is being endorsed). + Amazing product offering – we really have a superior technology and offer high value services and all employees are able to chime in on what to develop and how to use our technology. + Flexible work schedule to allow for good work-life balance (eg: work from home, 3 x a week yoga, 6 x a week boot camp). + I'm happy with our benefits - especially the dental and vision insurances are great.

Cons

- We grow so much, it’s challenging sometimes to maintain communication to make sure that everyone is on the same page sometimes (growing pain #1) - Much work still needs to be done on establishing processes to make sure that we all know the correct course of action without having to reinvent the wheel all the time (growing pain #2) - Sometimes long hours due to our rapid growth rate and not being able to fill our open positions quickly enough (growing pain #3)

Advice to Management

> Please keep up the great work with the FUN Committee and TC Now, both initiatives are so important for employee motivation > It's nice to see the Exec Management team walking around in the office - please keep that up too :)

Incompetence Reigns at TouchCommerce

I have been working at TouchCommerce full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You get to collect a paycheck once every two weeks for all your efforts.

Cons

In return for collecting a paycheck, you need to ensure a daily barrage of incompetence and unprofessional behavior by people who shouldn't be working at a tech company. This most notably comes from the upper level staff who simply can't get their act together and run a company properly. Not to mention that they are devious and lie about everything, including pay raises for their direct reports that never see the light of day. You'll hear constant complaints from employees about how difficult it is to work in this kind of environment. By the end of the day, you're physically and emotionally drained after having to deal with all the office drama.

Advice to Management

Start getting rid of the incompetent employees who are dragging everyone down. Clean up the rotten eggs in management and improve the lousy morale in the office.

Sales Chat Agent 2

Pros

Simple easy job. Anyone can do it, staff is friendly.

Cons

Supervisors take there positions to the head. Always asking how to improve and always ignore the issues. A few supervisors there will harass you and pick on you. You know who you are... hypocrites as well. These supervisors I speak of make the other few good ones look bad.

Advice to Management

Do more focus groups with your supervisors rather than the agents. Always remember you have that upper positions because of the agents. So why not treat them better? After all.... they do make your wallet fat!!! Oh.... and quit asking for "How can we improve" if you always ignore the suggestions agents inform you of? Waist of time!!

7. An okay place

Former Employee - Sprint® Web Sales Agent/Sales Marketing in Porter Ranch, CA
    Former Employee - Sprint® Web Sales Agent/Sales Marketing in Porter Ranch, CA

I worked at TouchCommerce (Less than a year)

Pros

Youthful and innovative. All I can think of

Cons

no room to group. Everything about the job.

Toxic Environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Agoura Hills, CA

I have been working at TouchCommerce full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free parking, close to the freeway. Surrounding location in Agoura is nice and you can walk to the local gas station to buy food.

Cons

There is a long history of poor management at TouchCommerce. The office environment is incredibly toxic and a lot of infighting occurs between departments, upper management and employees. Promotions are regularly given to the most incompetent employees and are never based on merit, skill or technical acumen. The executive team, through their words and actions, makes it very clear to the rest of the company that they want nothing to do with the well-being of their employees (the CEO, CTO and CMO are great at this). As a result, morale is low and employees are left to search for better job options. Company benefits are also quite poor for a company in the tech space.

Advice to Management

It's time to bring a complete overhaul to the leadership team at TC. The company has been around for many years, but organic growth is lackluster and the company can't keep up with the competition. The company can't attract any top talent and suffers as a result.

9. Great Office Culture, Company on the Rise

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at TouchCommerce (Less than a year)

Pros

Really great office culture, ability to interact closely with executives

Cons

Not as many young people in the office

Go busy come talk to me.

I have been working at TouchCommerce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They give you food every few months. Yoga if you are living that salary life. Some of the people you work with are great.

Cons

It's all about who you know. Promotions are not based on skills. They should promote from within so they actually have an idea on what is going on. Plenty apply few will fly.

Advice to Management

Promote from within. Moral is low, boost it. Stop hiring terrible supervisors. Remember, It only takes one bad apple to spoil the bunch.

Lots of potential, going in the right direction

Pros

Good work life balance, except when we have a big client launch. Benefits have been improving, bootcamp classes and onsite yoga classes are awesome (the executives are very into fitness), some people meetup to play volleyball, basketball, and running. There is also a Fun Committee that organizes monthly fun events. The company is experiencing amazing growth, all of our competitors clients are coming over to us, and we are adding more and more big name clients. Of course, there are growing pains ( for example we just moved into a new building one year ago and we have already filled it up), but this is a good time to join. The executives are very open to talking to everyone, and listening to everyone's input (even though them being on a separate side of the building makes it seem like they're unapproachable ). A lot of new people are bringing great talent and great energy into the group. Very exciting times!

Cons

The company seems to be very cheap with certain things like technology. There a some bad apples that bring a lot of bad energy to the group instead of trying to improve things. There are a lot of people who work hard ams feel unappreciated. There are a lot of Managers who have that title because they've either been there a long time, or they're good at their particular skillset, but have no clue how to manage people or lead a team. The company should provide some soft-skills training to Managers, this would be beneficial to everyone.

Advice to Management

Make yourself more available to people, come checkout what people are working on, and make them feel appreciated. Keep improving the product and disrupting the industry. Provide more training to people who need it.

RSS Feed </> Embed