Touchstar Software

Going Down Hill

Current Employee - Technical Support
    Current Employee - Technical Support

I have been working at Touchstar Software

Pros

Everyone is very friendly and nice to work with. The office is very nice and easy going. Management is nice and easy to talk to. Here goes the bad thing. Recently, they downsized and fired about 50 US based employees. I understand all that and it makes since in the current economy. It was the next couple things that did not make sense. The put a freeze on raises and hiring, and then about a week later told us we would have to take a 10% pay cut. So not only are they firing people but are telling us we have to work twice as hard and work for a 1/10 of what we did before that. To top it off they left no hope in sight by saying we have a raise and hiring freeze.

Cons

10% pay cut is the worst thing you could do, besides maybe a 11% pay cut.

Find other ways besides cutting pay, or at least promise to give it back when the company can. Acctually thinking that we will get a end of year profit sharing bonus is ridiculous.

life is better elsewhere

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Aurora, CO
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Aurora, CO

I worked at Touchstar Software

Pros

travel compensation was decent.
    got to learn who automated dialers work in coldcall environment

Cons

President and the owner makes all the management calls and makes promises to clients that he cannot keep due to lack of proper management approach in software industry.
    software engineers who produce the product to sell were treated with the least respect-he once used prophanity and name calling.

This is a good place if you don't mind giving up everything in your life for work.
    Just do yourself a favor, avoid it at all cost!

none

Such a disappointment.

Former Employee - N/A in Aurora, CO
    Former Employee - N/A in Aurora, CO

I worked at Touchstar Software

Pros

No good reasons currently --- this company has had its ups and downs, but the roller coaster is on a straight downhill to hell right now.

Cons

People really don't know what they're doing -- the few who do are stretched too thin to haul this company out of its quagmire. There are C-Levels who have not been able to lead for years, and why they are still there is beyond comprehension.

It's too late. We had ideas months ago but no one could make the necessary commitments. Without a major influx of funding and the re-hiring of the best Sales Engineers and only the best, most experienced, most proficient Installers, not to mention a major rearrangement of staff (so many are in the wrong positions), there's just no feasible way to reach the level at which they once presided.

Beware of a company in trouble

Current Employee - Engineer in Aurora, CO
    Current Employee - Engineer in Aurora, CO

I have been working at Touchstar Software

Pros

Its a job in a scarce economy. Some of the worker-level people there are good.

Cons

massive uncompensated overtime, questionable ethical practices (lying to customers), poor benefits like no dental optical or life insurance coverage, huge fiscal problems including bounced paychecks and multiple layoffs and cutbacks and an across the board salary cut of 10%. The CEO is very foulmouthed and can be personally abusive. Department of labor judged them to be unfair in labor practices. Much of the tech support staff is in the Philippines and is overworked like the US tech staff.

Be honest and *completely* open about the fiscal problems, stop lying to customers, stop being abusive of your employees, get real benefits for salaried technical staff, bring your pay and benefits into line with industry norms for the type of talent you need, stop making sales that make no money because the sales people are overstating what the system can do without considering the huge amount of labor involved in getting the system to work.

Not so Smart but not so Dumb

I have been working at Touchstar Software

Pros

Good software and products. Open knowledge digging.

Cons

Cons from the employees to the management. No salary increase. Sleeping Team Lead on the job. Training opportunities are buried 6 feet under, learn by yourself. No bonuses. Lame.

Need to go further to improve everything.

Touchstar is not just a company but a Family :D

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Manila, Manila (Philippines)
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

I worked at Touchstar Software full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Touchstar knew how to take care of it's employees.

Cons

It's sad that Touchstar had to be acquired by another company.