Tourico Holidays

Updated February 26, 2015
Updated February 26, 2015
3.2

Uri Argov

Growing company with good benefits and economical outlook

Current Employee - Marketing in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Marketing in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Tourico Holidays full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good travel benefits & discounts, very good benefits including 401 matching, excellent training program for new employees - TH Academy, company is constantly growing, marketing department not micro-managed and managers care about their employees, there's a gym in the office & free birthday cake once a month

Cons

Long hours, work-life balance needs not great. Not good communication between departments

Consider offering more travel opportunities (like it used to be a few years ago).
    Please stop cutting department budgets, its only hurting your company not to provide sales teams and clients with the material they need to sell your products.
    Expect reasonable amounts of overtime from employees, we like having time for families, staying in shape, and personal time.

Manager

I worked at Tourico Holidays

Pros

Rewarding, fast paced, travel opportunities

Cons

The harder you work, the better it pays off.

Communication

Bad experience

Former Employee - Operations Specialist in Altamonte Springs, FL
    Former Employee - Operations Specialist in Altamonte Springs, FL

I worked at Tourico Holidays

Pros

Convienent locations, surrounded by a lot of wonderful places to eat at lunch. Parking garage for you car is available for use. Owner of the company works from that office.

Cons

They had me working throughout the weekend, so I dealt with all kinds of issues and extra duties. I was paid the same as someone who only works on one role; yet I was told to work almost five different roles. I was sexually harassed at a company outing, where I was touched inappropriately by a supervisor, and instead of terminating the supervisor or disciplining the supervisor, I WAS YELLED AT AND TOLD TO KEEP AWAY FROM EACH OTHER. They even made me work on his team. They eventually let me go, and let the supervisor keep his job. Later ANOTHER employee was sexually harrassed by the same supervisor, HR then finally fires the supervisor, and shortly after the HR director was terminated for "some reason" Story is a lot longer...but if you want to be a sexually harassed, WORK HERE!

Worst company I've ever worked for.

I have been working at Tourico Holidays

Pros

The CEO is inspirational and has a positive outlook.

Cons

The employee morale is very low. Micro-managing type managers that only care about profits; not the people. Low pay for higher level jobs. Revolving door of employees; no employee retention. Employees are overworked and stressed. Favoritism is shown when it comes to advancement.

Show more respect to your employees by listening to their concerns. Be more transparent and honest about what new employees can expect with the job. Reevaluate upper management and terminate those that are causing the employee churn.

Good, But sometimes frustrating

Former Employee - Product Manager in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Product Manager in Orlando, FL

I worked at Tourico Holidays full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great for entry level experience in the industry

Cons

Management seems to lack communication amongst themselves

Talk to each other as a team instead of each of you thinking its 'your own company'

Great resume builder. From here you can go anywhere!

Former Employee - Product Development Manager in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Product Development Manager in Orlando, FL

I worked at Tourico Holidays full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great experience and sales training. Good resume builder.

Cons

Training is based on negative reinforcement.

Make a plan and stick to it.

Perfect Environment to learn

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Tourico Holidays

Pros

Learned a lot from the top executives in the company. They are all great and have lots experiences.

Cons

The location might not that good, but it is located near Orlando, which is the capital of the theme parks.

Great company with much potential

I have been working at Tourico Holidays full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There is plenty of room for advancement, this is a great company with many great ideas. Their product really does have the best rates in the industry. PTO and benefits are really good. They have been growing since the day they started. The bonuses and holiday parties are excellent.

Cons

The software that is used has many kinks and quirks in the system. Not much availability for last minute bookings in major cities most of the time. Departments don't work together like they should. Pay is very low compared to other companies in the industry.

Upgrade the websites and software, there are so many opportunities that are being missed and so much money being lost from errors in the system with the outdated software. Pay your employees more competitively with the market so they are willing to stick around longer. Get better organized.

Your Only as Good as Your Last Day of Work

Former Employee - Business Development in Altamonte Springs, FL
    Former Employee - Business Development in Altamonte Springs, FL

I worked at Tourico Holidays full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Traveling, some employees are nice and trustworthy

Cons

Easily the most horrible and stress filled position of my career.

The culture of the company is extremely harsh, non-empathetic & solely money focused. You can never make enough money for them, they will never be happy with your accomplishments.

Their "Boot Camp" is meant to tear you down and build you up and humiliate you in front of your piers and superiors.

Employees are utterly stressful, overworked and stretched then, zero job security.

Company vision and values are non existent, just try to find them in writing.

They have opened a Travel Academy as a way to hire cheap labor, brain wash them and then get rid of senior higher paid employees. Loyalty means nothing as your production is worth more than anything.

Extremely tight knit exec team does not let anyone in, they play favoritism and have pet projects that derail the strategic vision particularly in the R&D department.

Departments have little to no communication with one another, with nearly everyone's hand at the controls.

Management seems to take pleasure in threats of termination of employees based on political views, benefits, costs associated with them and lack of production.

Stop getting rid of your good people over money. Treat people as more than a dollar figure. Treat people with genuine respect.

Their is more to life than the almighty dollar after all human beings are who make your company successful.

Boot Camp Can you believe this

Former Employee - Product Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Product Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Tourico Holidays full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Being able to see your mates and colleagues, in these events, In the end you know the company is successful thanks to our contribution.

Cons

Having upper management humiliate you in front of the entire staff, putting you down, thinking that this method is beneficial only to not have learned anything at the end of the week

wake up you are doing things all wrong

Tourico Holidays Photos