Tourico Holidays Reviews

Updated August 17, 2014
Updated August 17, 2014

3.3

Uri Argov

Getting Paid to Travel the World!

I have been working at Tourico Holidays full-time for less than a year

Pros

I started in Tourico Holidays as a student for the Travel Acedemy. Was recruited in a job fair at the University of Central Florida. This was probably one of the best experiences I have had, not only career wise but educational. In the academy we were challenged to learn negotiation, presentation skills, team work and even self confidence. But the most exciting part has been to travel. As a Product Manager that has been with the company for 4 months, I have travel to 3 different countries and I'm sure this is just the beggining.

Cons

Long hours of work to prove yourself to Executives.

Tourico Holidays Rollercoaster

I have been working at Tourico Holidays full-time for less than a year

Pros

Tourico Holidays has the best research tools in the biz that's no lie. You can drill down and make your resume look rock star with hard data. They teach you what you need to know and employees help other employees out and they need to because the 560 employees are doing the work of what should be 1,000. Also, you meet a LOT of people and make a decent amount of connections. A lot is expected of you and if you are a short term thinker you will get pushed to lose your professional integrity with suppliers, but my advice is DON'T! Pushing $$ in the short term will harm relationships with suppliers and future job opportunities. Suppliers appreciate honesty, use it for your goals not against them. Ultimately your job security is your relationships with the suppliers. It's the only way to separate yourself from job seekers and the company wanting to replace you. The academy has excellent training and what a rarity to find a training program taught by the executives of the company. This knowledge empowers you and you will feel smarter than many of your suppliers who have been in the industry for years. Lastly, yes you get to travel as long as your territories are not in the immediate vicinity. Leave the office as much as you can because the corporate environment is a bit hostile. The good thing...they won't stop you if you want to go on tons of business trips and in many cases they encourage it as long as they see results.

Cons

Quick decision are made by management but both the actions and effects lag far far behind. If you don't push back on the workload you are given you will get burnt out. It's difficult finding people to trust here. There is a big bus in Tourico to throw people under. The bonus structure is like a mythical creature that gets talked about every now and then but never comes to be. Product is similar to sales in many respects, they need to provide individual (not competitive) incentives. Is there an HR department? One would never know while working here.

Please show more appreciation for your overworked employees and be more willing to negotiate or the revolving door will spin faster. Very few holidays here, how about turning a day into a company wide event to boost morale? Tourico is starting to become a large sized company and it needs to start acting like one. Lastly, cut down on the micromanagement. I spend almost more time reporting my results as I do getting results.

Always more work to do

I have been working at Tourico Holidays full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fast moving environment where results can be seen the next day. The CEO seems like he cares about his employees and wants them to be happy. Travelling is a good perk of the job and you get a daily allowance. They have a good training program that gets you ready to work from day 1.

Cons

Salaries are not competitive with other companies, that is why people leave when offered positions elsewhere. Bonus structure is a joke. CEO's vision is not brought forth by management. I have never been so micro-managed in my life.

please review your salary structure and really look into who you put into leadership positions. Just because one person is good at selling does not mean they will be good at leading a team.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Never thought I could work in travel industry

I have been working at Tourico Holidays full-time for less than a year

Pros

I couldn’t have asked for a more exciting experience from Tourico travel academy. Without any previous experience in travel industry, I can manage a top destination with millions of searches every week after 10 weeks’ academy training. Maybe this is the only company as its size can have each of CEO,COO,EVPs and etc. spend weeks teaching new employees from scratch. Executive team are amazing, although strict and sometimes even tough, they listen to you, try to pass on all their knowledge to you. They have bucket-loads of trust in you by giving you bigger project than you ever expected as an entry level employee. In Tourico, everything is fast paced, important decisions are made in short times. Everything is global, you will travel frequently to different continents depend on where your market is and you will always need help from people in another time zone.

Cons

May be required to relocate overseas

Good experience

Current Employee - Product Specialist
    Current Employee - Product Specialist

I have been working at Tourico Holidays full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company started a new "travel academy" or training program - a great investment in training new university graduates. I was a participant in the first training program and with no background in the travel industry, I learned quite a lot. The best part is that as a new-comer in the industry, you get more responsibility than you would get in almost any similar company. My goal in coming out of college was to get an interesting job overseas that included travel and the ability to work with people and analyze data. That is what this job is all about. It is challenging and work-life balance can be a bit tough, but this is exactly what I wanted to be doing. If you want an easy 9-5 job, Tourico is not for you - but if you want to be challenged and given a lot of opportunity from the outset, this is a great company.

Cons

As I mentioned, work life balance - but I feel like this is a tradeoff everyone makes depending on how he or she wants to progress in his or her career.

More communication

After 11 weeks training program in Tourico Holidays Academy, I am now the sales manager in APAC region.

Current Employee - Sales Manager  in  Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Tourico Holidays full-time for less than a year

Pros

During the Academy of Tourico Holidays, you can learn and improve yourself in all aspects. challening learning environment make you more competitive.

Cons

For me, I had a great time in Tourico Holidays

Tourico Holidays Travel Academy

Current Employee - Business Development Manager  in  Altamonte Springs, FL
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Altamonte Springs, FL

I have been working at Tourico Holidays full-time for less than a year

Pros

It was a great learning experience. From the company and industry overview to negotiation and problem solving skills, there are many many to learn and improve. The program also offers a great opportunity to network with colleagues. People are nice and helpful.

Cons

It could be little unorganized in terms of planning a transition to a full-time status but other than that, it was an excellent opportunity. Heavy workloads during the training program will only make you a more qualifying employee.

Keep up the good work!

Product manager

I have been working at Tourico Holidays full-time for less than a year

Pros

You could meet people from all over the world here. Amazing company which offers competitive salary and great training. Great leaders and great colleagues.

Cons

Currently not the leader in the industry so has a lot to do. Sometimes things are decided in the very last minute and could still change.

More precise

Stay loyal and you're as good as family

Current Employee - Marketing Manager  in  Altamonte Springs, FL
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Altamonte Springs, FL

I have been working at Tourico Holidays full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Our CEO is one of the most humble and generous people I've met. He has such a good heart and knows the majority of his employees by name and face. We have a lot of new management that is steadily improving the teams in every department. Travel opportunities are plenty and movement from one department to another is encouraged if you want to grow into another role. They love to hire from within. Once you're in and prove your worth, they will make sure to keep you. Awesome travel perks if you stick around. Benefits, 401K and PTO available

Cons

Fast paced, slow moving in decision making. Low starting salaries but once you proved you're worth it they are willing to negotiate. Work life balance can be a challenge at certain times of the year.

Bring back the free trip for holiday party attendance. Consider more team building events internally.

Work is excellent, employees not so much

Former Employee - Product Development Manager  in  Altamonte Springs, FL
    Former Employee - Product Development Manager in Altamonte Springs, FL

I worked at Tourico Holidays full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great work concept, excellent structure, amazing owners

Cons

Biased HR, sexual harassment and too many co-workers having sex with each other without upper management knowing

Please take a hard look at those you employ. Your work environment is horrible because of people with "all about me" attitudes and superiority issues. The work, company and the owners are all great, but your employees are seriously lacking in professionalism.

Worked for Tourico Holidays? Contribute to the Community!