Tourneau

Tourneau Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Ira Melnitsky

Work in progress

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosluxury environment, great selection of product, not much room for advancement

Conslack of top brands in many locations,

Advice to Senior Managementdecide who you want to be and be consistent with your approach

Change is a great thing!

ProsTourneau has so many passionate employees in the stores and at corporate. We've had many changes in the last year with executives and upper management which I believe to be great for everyone! I look forward to continued growth and success as change is implemented at store level.

ConsGetting the employees that have worked here for decades to embrace the changes has been challenging. It is happening but not overnight.

Interesting

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe employees of Tourneau are really nice and have great attitudes about their work. I think the company should consider training the managers on proper procedures and how to bill up the morale of the store employees.

ConsWould like to see more lower level employees get promoted.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think Tourneau is headed in the right direction. I think Tourneau has become a luxury retailer. Keep hiring high level executives that know their craft and the employees will always benefit from it.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Do what you love.

ProsTourneau allows you to work hands on with the finest luxury watches in the world. The constant cycle of new products every year keeps things fresh and exciting. If you are motivated and look to find new avenues to drive business you will be a success in this company. Tourneau has gone through many changes and now more than ever gives you the opportunity and freedom to be creative.

ConsRetail environment is not for everyone long hours and working weekends is to be expected. Since the company is sales driven the potential of turn over is always present in terms of leadership.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think everyone would like to hear more from the executives that what they do is appreciated. Also setting up defined growth opportunities and career paths would be helpful. Lastly as long as you are asking combining year end reviews with a compensatory salary increase would be fantastic.

Great things happening.......

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsI am very happy working at Tourneau. I feel overall direction and changes that are taking place are well needed and will take Tourneau to new heights. The CEO Ira Melnitsky has held a town hall meeting to keep everyone in the loop on the direction of the company which has had an overall positive impact throughout the company. He is a leader who knows what he wants, has amazing ideas, and is willing to listen to employee ideas at all levels. I am proud to be an employee of Tourneau.

ConsIt can be a challenge to get those who are stuck in their ways to see the bigger picture and new vision, but it is happening at a pace that is right for this business.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep moving in the current direction.

Just OK

In the office (Current Employee)

ProsYou learn about timepieces and to appreciate them. Its good if you just start working and you want to get experience.

ConsThey are like the old companies where if you are brown nose you become manager and even if you suck as a manager...you stay! So for those people that we don't want to be brown nose...forget a promotion. They are corporate company where you are only one more employee, they don't have training programs, in other words they only have control of the money but not on the rest of the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your people the way you would like to be treat, you are not the owner, just another employee. Don't think you're God and deserve respect...earn it!

Tourneau SVP HR responded to this review

May 7, 2014

I apologize that this has been your experience. Please feel free to reach out to me to address any of your concerns. We look forward to working with you as well as all employees to help them reach ... More

Company is changing, definitely for the better.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsNew Senior Management (CEO, Senior Vice President of HR) in place who are making great changes on a Company wide basis.

ConsInstead of complaining about minor issues, people need to focus on their job and strive to provide excellent customer service to internal and external clients.

Excellent growth opportunities and great company vision.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsI started on the sales floor with Tourneau and have been given opportunities to steadily move forward in my career in the industry. Tourneau's upper management has excellent vision for the future and they are heavily invested in future planning for the staff at every level. This means that they spend a great deal of time and energy on training and growth development. With a large network of locations throughout the country, there are always new opportunities.

ConsTourneau is a sales/retail environment and this is historically difficult if you are not a top seller, or are new to the industry. However, if you are a fast learner you will thrive.

"They're GREEEEEAAATT"...

ProsWorld of high end watches.
    Meet a lot of high class clients and important people.

ConsVery
    Very
    VERYYYY competitive
    i.e zuli

Advice to Senior Managementnoneeeee

Terrible place to work

Sales (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsMulti Watch brand training provided

Cons1980's management style, run by an investment house, no raises given, no value placed towards employees, no security=unsafe work environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementBest practices trickle down, change the guard at corp exec level, invest in smart people, drive an ethical practice. Don't pretend to be a luxury store, unless willing to put resources behind placing top talent. Corporate Management doesn't have one independent thinker, innovator or problem solver. There is no strategic or creative leadership

Worked for Tourneau? Contribute to the Community!