Tourneau Reviews

Updated August 30, 2014
Updated August 30, 2014
3.1

Ira Melnitsky

Change is a great thing!

I have been working at Tourneau full-time for more than a year

Pros

Tourneau has so many passionate employees in the stores and at corporate. We've had many changes in the last year with executives and upper management which I believe to be great for everyone! I look forward to continued growth and success as change is implemented at store level.

Cons

Getting the employees that have worked here for decades to embrace the changes has been challenging. It is happening but not overnight.

Great product....horrible growth potential and disconnected upper management.

I have been working at Tourneau full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Working in the luxury is nice. I loved working with different high end brands like Patek and Rolex. Very knowledgeable Sales Professionals who are passionate and I have become friends with is the good part.

Cons

It seems like no room for growth unless you are a straight, white, middle aged man. I see very little diversity in Management and Senior Management. It is very much an old boys club. Do not work here unless you fit the above description. The company seems to dislike minorities and women.

Open your eyes to reality by listening to employees vs. living in a bubble. I dont live in the past but the old Management was better. Even the watch companies say this.

Tourneau Response

Sep 3, 2014SVP HR

Here at Tourneau we always encourage open dialogue regarding diversity. As a female executive I feel I have been given equal opportunity for growth. We strive to be an organization that embraces a ... More

Work in progress

I worked at Tourneau full-time

Pros

luxury environment, great selection of product, not much room for advancement

Cons

lack of top brands in many locations,

decide who you want to be and be consistent with your approach

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

cash office

I worked at Tourneau full-time

Pros

luxury watches
    that is it i guess...wow you get to hold a expensive rolex you will never buy working for them

Cons

management
    dont know what they are doing
    horrible pay

Interesting

I have been working at Tourneau full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The employees of Tourneau are really nice and have great attitudes about their work. I think the company should consider training the managers on proper procedures and how to bill up the morale of the store employees.

Cons

Would like to see more lower level employees get promoted.

I think Tourneau is headed in the right direction. I think Tourneau has become a luxury retailer. Keep hiring high level executives that know their craft and the employees will always benefit from it.

Do what you love.

I have been working at Tourneau full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Tourneau allows you to work hands on with the finest luxury watches in the world. The constant cycle of new products every year keeps things fresh and exciting. If you are motivated and look to find new avenues to drive business you will be a success in this company. Tourneau has gone through many changes and now more than ever gives you the opportunity and freedom to be creative.

Cons

Retail environment is not for everyone long hours and working weekends is to be expected. Since the company is sales driven the potential of turn over is always present in terms of leadership.

I think everyone would like to hear more from the executives that what they do is appreciated. Also setting up defined growth opportunities and career paths would be helpful. Lastly as long as you are asking combining year end reviews with a compensatory salary increase would be fantastic.

Great things happening.......

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Tourneau full-time for less than a year

Pros

I am very happy working at Tourneau. I feel overall direction and changes that are taking place are well needed and will take Tourneau to new heights. The CEO Ira Melnitsky has held a town hall meeting to keep everyone in the loop on the direction of the company which has had an overall positive impact throughout the company. He is a leader who knows what he wants, has amazing ideas, and is willing to listen to employee ideas at all levels. I am proud to be an employee of Tourneau.

Cons

It can be a challenge to get those who are stuck in their ways to see the bigger picture and new vision, but it is happening at a pace that is right for this business.

Keep moving in the current direction.

Company is changing, definitely for the better.

I have been working at Tourneau full-time for more than a year

Pros

New Senior Management (CEO, Senior Vice President of HR) in place who are making great changes on a Company wide basis.

Cons

Instead of complaining about minor issues, people need to focus on their job and strive to provide excellent customer service to internal and external clients.

Excellent growth opportunities and great company vision.

I have been working at Tourneau full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I started on the sales floor with Tourneau and have been given opportunities to steadily move forward in my career in the industry. Tourneau's upper management has excellent vision for the future and they are heavily invested in future planning for the staff at every level. This means that they spend a great deal of time and energy on training and growth development. With a large network of locations throughout the country, there are always new opportunities.

Cons

Tourneau is a sales/retail environment and this is historically difficult if you are not a top seller, or are new to the industry. However, if you are a fast learner you will thrive.

Just OK

Current Employee - In the office
    Current Employee - In the office

I have been working at Tourneau full-time for more than a year

Pros

You learn about timepieces and to appreciate them. Its good if you just start working and you want to get experience.

Cons

They are like the old companies where if you are brown nose you become manager and even if you suck as a manager...you stay! So for those people that we don't want to be brown nose...forget a promotion. They are corporate company where you are only one more employee, they don't have training programs, in other words they only have control of the money but not on the rest of the company.

Treat your people the way you would like to be treat, you are not the owner, just another employee. Don't think you're God and deserve respect...earn it!

Tourneau Response

May 7, 2014SVP HR

I apologize that this has been your experience. Please feel free to reach out to me to address any of your concerns. We look forward to working with you as well as all employees to help them reach ... More

Worked for Tourneau? Contribute to the Community!