Tower Loan

Add Photos

Francis C. Lee

Customer Service Representative

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsTower is a great company to work for! We have a very friendly work environment with great managers, directors, and other staff. The pay is good and you are offered bonus incentive pay, health benefits, and more. I really enjoy coming to my job everyday and I would recommend it to anyone. If you want a job with a stable and enjoyable environment, Tower is the way to go!!

ConsI do not have any cons for this company.

Sucks to suck!

Manager Trainee (Former Employee)

ProsDecent pay and benefits package and management is very helpful.

ConsCorporate office is slow, Hassling broke people out of their money to become broker (especially the elderly), Hounding people about making their loan accounts current when its obvious they don't have the money, leaving in a worse mood than you came, constantly getting cursed out or hung up on (comes with the territory). If you have any sense of morals, don't work here.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpeed up processing when initiating new employees.

Manager-trainee

Manager Trainee (Current Employee) Gulfport, MS

Pros-good starting pay
    -As an fairly new MT, I've noticed a few things. If you apply yourself completely, from the first minute to the last, you will do well. All that you need to get started in this business is the ability to relate with people. And a good motor. You have to be 100% all day. The people training you will take care of the rest.

ConsYou will not succeed in this job-or this line of work- if you are ok with being a middle of the road employee.

Advice to Senior ManagementLay off the double bacon cheeseburgers

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

If you work hard you will be well compensated for the results you have produced.

Branch Manager (Former Employee) Gulfport, MS

ProsWorkers get paid great and advancement is great.

ConsRelocation and no time for life

Worst job I've ever had.

Branch Manager (Former Employee)

Pros- Decent Pay, especially considering there is no experience or degree needed.

- Competitive environment.

- Solid sales experience. The skills you learn through selling loans will translate to other sales jobs.

- Branch Managers are taught to how make lending decisions, as well as trained to become Mortgage Loan Originators.

Cons- Terrible upper management.

- Very weak company culture and values.

- 60-70 hour work weeks. More than likely, you will work at least 1 Saturday a month. it's not uncommon for Branch Managers to work 6 days a week.

- You are not allowed to take vacation days when you are in training, which in some cases can last for a year.

_ Tower Loan does it's own collections - as a Manager Trainee or a Branch Manager, you will spend over half of your time collecting past due accounts. They won't advertise this during your interview.

-Most work is done over the phone. Employees are not allowed to wear headsets.

-You have to sign a non-compete contract prior to employment. You cannot work at another lending institution within 75 miles (not sure about the distance) of the office you worked at.

Advice to Senior ManagementHold your supervisors accountable for the things they do.

Not my Dream Job for sure

Manager Trainee (Current Employee)

ProsYou make decent money without needing to go to college, though you are salary and will not get paid for overtime.

ConsThe hiring peers lie and make the job sound amazing, but once you get started you soon find out that it is terrible. The management is part of a one year training program that is a joke. Once your year is up you are expected to move with 2-3 days notice regardless of how long they know that they are moving you the wont give you any kind of a heads up. No one person follows the same rules, there is no clarity in job description, or rules to follow everyone just kinda makes it up as they go. Finally no matter what you do it is never enough, they never acknowledge your strengths, and they don't coach you on your weakness. They simply say improve or your fired. And more then a few people in management have encouraged me to lie to sell loans and insurances on loans. Out of all of the jobs I have had, and I have had several crappy ones, no job has been more stressful or miserable. This is a terrible company to work for.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to work on consistency.

bad

Front Des (Current Employee)

Prosthe good benefits are great

Conslow pay is a bad thing for the company

CSR

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)

ProsThere was nothing positive with my employment at Tower.

ConsHorrible upper management, lack of care toward customers in office, too many turnovers with management in the offices.

Advice to Senior ManagementActually care for your subordinates. Understand they are people that have a family, and that threatening them with termination daily and treating them horribly does not make them work harder for you.

Good starter job

Long Hours
    Crude Management
    Awful Customers
    Disgraceful work

Advice to Senior ManagementTake time to really evaluate your workers at all levels and weed out those who are making the work environment more difficult than it should be.

meh

Prosthey are good at what they do

Consthey are good at what they do i'll say it again

Advice to Senior Managementchill out

Worked for Tower Loan? Contribute to the Community!