Tower Wireless

Be The First To
Add Photos

Nicholas Glassburn

A joke

Communications Consultant (Former Employee)
    Libertyville, IL

ProsHours varied, Closeness to place of residence, friendly employees, nice pay, relaxed work environment, helpful ways to increase sales

Consthey changed management at my location which caused the ultimate failure of the location, terrible new management (2011), firing of employees that did not deserve it, terrible workshops, unhelpful upper management, lower management poorly trained, not enough supplies.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure that when you hire someone for a position, they have creditable sources.

No training, not the place a woman wants to work!

Store Manager (Former Employee)
    Sheffield, OH

Prospay was NOT WHAT WAS PROMISSED

ConsMake promises to give you training, treat you terribly not supportive, make sure you get everything in writing as far as wages etc.... get a job description and what is expected of you.

Advice to Senior ManagementDON'T TREAT YOUR EMPLOYEES LIKE A NUMBER

Horrible company with low pay and misguided management

Sales Representative (Former Employee)
    Liberty Township, OH

ProsFun atmosphere. Lots of great co-workers.

ConsManagement is clueless with regard to direction and employee motivation.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire everyone in management and start over.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Working at Tower Wireless, you will regret changing jobs, Extremely micro-managed and upper management is a joke

Communications Consultant (Former Employee)
    Brookfield, WI

Pros1.) Decent pay for a Communications Consultant (Base)
    2.) Ok place to start a job THATS IT
    3.) Decent benefits as well

ConsTower Wireless is a JOKE in the end. First, the upper management and senior management cares a less about their employees. Store Morale is always down because employees need to worry about their job security for their family or if your single. The two stores in the Milwaukee area, Mequon and Pewaukee, WI areas are jokes. The management does not belong in those positions. They get you from the start with asking, "If this describes what your looking for.....this is the next job for you!...." They try and sell the position to you and it works until you find out what it is working for this company.

Personally, within my employment I hit all quotas and exceeded the KPI's and didn't have the total amount of phones out that was expected. However, it was only the "first full month" the BRAND new store was open. It was a bunch of BS. I went on to the next premium retailer less than 3 weeks later in a Store Management position and am producing $7000+ GP (Gross Profit).

Later, I found out from former employees that I was supposedly let go due to stealing phones. This just shows how micro-managed this company is.

As of today May 2012, all employees that worked in the 2 stores in the Milwaukee area, no longer are with Tower Wireless.

Advice to Senior ManagementSimple, treat your employees with RESPECT and make them want to work for your company and you will see results. Treat your employees like you treat your customers. Also, promote the appropiate people to management positions that want a career and know how to treat people around them fairly. As a company the VP and Regionals, and District Managers are all a joke. You guys have a lot of work to do.

Revolving Door

Store Manager (Current Employee)
    Vernon Hills, IL

ProsTower Wireless is a decent place to start a sales job, you will learn how to sell cell phones. You will learn about the sales process.

Cons1. Revolving door
    2. Wont pay you what you're really worth
    3. Extreme micro managed
    4. Rob you of you're commission
    5. Hours 50-60 hours a week at the store, 10-20 hours of work at home (Manager Position)

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to treat your employees the same way you treat your customers, with respect. Its not that hard, if you guys did that might not have a turn over rate that you currently have.

Worked for Tower Wireless? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Tower Wireless reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Tower Wireless CEO Nicholas Glassburn. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by Tower Wireless employees.