Towergate Partnership

Reasonable employer

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Towergate Partnership full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good working environment, has a good benefits programme you can select. Starting to develop trainers who support you in your role. If show commitment management likely to give you a process of promoting you.

Cons

Expect a lot, pay does not keep up with the market if promoted so you are likely to move to another company. Work, play ethos is not as strong as when I first started in the job.

Need to incentivise staff accordingly, as your losing your best staff

Company I worked for was bought by Towergate.

I have been working at Towergate Partnership

Pros

Other veteran staff from before the company was bought by Towergate..

Cons

Lack of management. IT system from the very birth of computing. Happy clappy intranet site that constantly states how brilliant the company is and in no way reflects what the actual workers are experiencing.Any slightl;y negative comment is removed. Communication in Towergate in the digital age is laughable. The supposed new model that Towergate trumpets is basically asset stripping. So much for 'organic growth'.

How laughable is this company? Well nothing is ever proof read. The grammar in some of the management missives is dismal and as for the spelling...in an age of spell check? Best of all was the promotion of the slogan 'Together We Are Towergate'. Pity no one had T Shirts printed. This was quickly changed to 'Together we're Towergate'. It's basically this inattention to detail which makes the company such a laughing stock.

Take a look at the staff surveys rather than just paying them lip service.
    Pay a decent salary. Reward the people actually doing useful work rather than those doing frivolous projects.i
    Get the 'Employees Benefits' sorted. Most decent companies give all the benefits offered as standard.
    Get an IT system that's fit for purpose.
    Teach the Compliance team grammar and how to use Spellcheck.

t

Don't care about staff

Current Employee - Fleet Underwriter  in  Telford, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Fleet Underwriter in Telford, England (UK)

I have been working at Towergate Partnership full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Gained experience I wouldn't have gained anywhere else, by getting thrown in at the deep-end. Most of the other employees in my office are a great bunch of people.

Cons

Complete lack of progression and formal training. A lot is asked of staff but there are no incentives to push for the best results and to hit or exceed targets; bonuses are a thing of the past and payrises are few and far between and pitiful when they do arrive. Strong disconnect between head office board-level management and the local management at each office. I feel like a disposable commodity.

Find out what staff really want and consider how to give proper incentives, which are appropriate for targets. Give people a path to progress within the company and give appropriate payrises, so that people don't have to leave just to make a career and get a sensible salary.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Demoralising

I have been working at Towergate Partnership full-time

Pros

A few great people to work with.

Cons

A lot of people incapable of doing their day to day jobs without any repercussions.
    Salaries not in line with market.
    Big bonuses and salaries for the senior managers but nothing for anyone else.
    No training despite empty promises.
    Would rather get contractors in at every opportunity rather than recruiting internally.
    No career progression whatsoever, and even if you do its likely you'll be sacked shortly after.
    Extremely high staff turnover.

Start listening to what the employees of the business are saying. Start valuing the employees.

This company is poison - the way staff are treated is woeful

Current Employee - Central Services  in  Colchester, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Central Services in Colchester, England (UK)

I have been working at Towergate Partnership as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Immediate colleague's are great - good camaraderie, hard working, diligent and supportive

Cons

The company treats you like a number - they have absolutely no idea how to manage people, how to develop loyalty, the management has no respect from the workforce, targets are unrealistic and unachievable, deadlines are ridiculous.

Salaries are not competitive, especially allowing for the stress. The culture seems to be to cut costs by laying people off, then bring others in as contractors at a higher cost to the business but unencumbered by local knowledge or experience. What a way to run a business! I am out as soon as I can find another role.

If you want a prosperous career with good salary, this is not the place for you

Former Employee - Senior Account Handler  in  London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Senior Account Handler in London, England (UK)

I worked at Towergate Partnership full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Undoubtably the only thing that kept me there was my colleagues. Really good people that work for Towergate. Just a shame they get dumped on from a great height by management.

Cons

Under paid, they're happy to give you more responsibility but expect you to do it with no pay review. Don't nurture talented individuals. Would rather get schools leavers in than hire experienced individuals all so it cuts costs. Management happy to take huge bonuses, while honest hard work staff, staff who make them their money get a pathetic 1% pay rise (if they're lucky). Management clearly have favourites who get rewarded more than others!!! Systems are pathetic and never given the right tools to do your job.
    Only getting one star as I can't give 0.

Listen to your shop floor staff. After all they are the ones who keep you in power. Fair pay across the board.

Okay company to work for.

I have been working at Towergate Partnership

Pros

Paid on time, pro active approach towards restructuring. Promotion opportunities.

Cons

Lots of lazy dead wood in some of the teams. In times where employment is hard to come by I have never worked in a place where staff put so little effort into their work. My manager for example spends half their day gossiping and sending/receiving personal emails, texts and calls rather than getting on with their job. Communication from senior managers could be better.

With the right individuals this company could be great, but there are a lot of challenges ahead to get the company where it aspires to be. I would like the senior management to be more engaged with the business.

Full of Promise's that fail to deliver

I have been working at Towergate Partnership full-time for less than a year

Pros

Really? Good Hours at the office I worked at probably about it life is better outside of there

Cons

Lack of support. Public telling off. Last one in gets the rubbish until you break. If face dont fit will isolate you

Go on about you want to look after your people all the time. Time is now wake up smell the coffee and actions really do speak louder than words!

If you are under 20 and believe in corporate bull - this is the job for you........ Otherwise AVOID!

I have been working at Towergate Partnership full-time for less than a year

Pros

It makes you appreciate how good life was before Towergate - and erm...erm... no sorry struggling now......

Cons

Arrogant/Blinkered Management - Unrealistic Targets - Unrealistic Timescales - No freedom to be individual - No perks - Management by Spreadsheet - Treat experienced people like children

Employ Excel experts rather than Insurance People

Lots to do, not very interesting work

I worked at Towergate Partnership

Pros

Freedom to do what you think is most important
    Responsibility

Cons

Culture is sometimes a bit complacent

Shake up the management structure

Worked for Towergate Partnership? Contribute to the Community!