Town Bank

www.townbank.us

Town Bank Reviews

3.4

Dave Dykstra

It was a great place to work

Former Employee - Driver in Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Driver in Madison, WI

I worked at Town Bank part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great Bosses great people, helpful and friendly

Cons

There was not anything that was bad, the management is awesome

Keep Doing everything you do.

It's all about who you know

Former Employee - Personal Banker in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Personal Banker in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Town Bank full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Retail employees were extremely dedicated to providing a high level of customer service, good products to offer customer

Cons

Many managers are unqualified, promotions are given more to those who follow the company credo the most rather than the most qualified, upper management refuses to acknowledge any problems

When you have problems at specific locations, investigate the problems and listen to your employees and address it rather than constantly moving employees around like chairs on the deck of the Titanic.

Love Town Bank!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, VA

I worked at Town Bank full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Loved the staff. Very friendly

Cons

Little pay, but great benefits

make sure you keep your tellers happy!

Small company - No frills Poor Management

Former Employee - Vice President in Westfield, NJ
    Former Employee - Vice President in Westfield, NJ

I worked at Town Bank full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good hard-working staff. Nice location.

Cons

Limited prospects for promotion or advancement.

Talk to your employees.

Town Bank has a nice location, and is generally a place that has potential to continued career growth.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Delafield, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Delafield, WI

I worked at Town Bank

Pros

There are a number of strong individual leaders within the banks senior management. The locations within the Wisconsin area are all newer and enjoyable to work at.

Cons

After being purchased by Wintrust in Illinois, there is no longer the small town charm that brought me to the bank.

I really don't have anything bad to say about the management of Town Bank. The growth strategy is solid and has good potential.

Great place to work...even if you're a beginner

I have been working at Town Bank

Pros

Great work environment. Small company backed by a 16 billion dollar company so you get that small family feel but also the job security you want. Everyone looks out for each other. Management is typically very well trained and actually know what they are doing, unlike so many other companies. Great pay in comparison to our competitors, lots of PTO and management is great about getting you the time off you need to maintain a good work/family balance.

Sales driven but no score card, no threats to your job if you aren't performing well for a couple months, very easy going yet professional. They are willing to hire people with little to no experience but give them amazing hands on training to make sure you know what you are doing (they don't just throw you in the shark tank and expect you to survive like other banks.)

Benefits are excellent and the computer systems are easy to learn and use. They realize the value in keeping employees so they work hard to listen to each employees feedback. Management also created a training program to work individually with each employee to help them in their career goals. There are always resources for you to turn to when you have a question and management really does listen when you have an issue that you need help with.

Cons

Seems like management sometimes forgets that they were training you on something so it can take awhile to learn new skills.

Keep the environment less sales driven and more about the customer so we don't become just another huge sell out like other banks have done.

Bring back the client parties and employee parties.