Town Pump Reviews

Good Tips, At the Time

Former Employee - Casino Floor Runner in Butte, MT
    Former Employee - Casino Floor Runner in Butte, MT

I worked at Town Pump

Pros

In the casino, you used to be able to make great money in tips if you were a decent employee. Since the recession, it barely makes up for the fact that an Assistant Manager with 5 years of experience still gets a Full-Time paycheck of $935.00 per month.
    Overall it is a fun job, which is the sole reason I stayed as long as I did.

Cons

Poor pay, very little opportunity for growth unless you want to go corporate which means relocation.

Set schedules are better for morale!

Managment

Former Employee - Bookkeeper in Bonner, MT
    Former Employee - Bookkeeper in Bonner, MT

I worked at Town Pump full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Can get ahead if you are a great learner, not a hard worker, and can kiss butt

Cons

Hard work will not get you ahead at this company. Management like to black list good employee to other company's. Be prepared for long hours

Keep your word. Quit making false statement about people. and Quit bad mouthing people and customers

Assiant Managment

Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Town Pump full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great Company to start working for only if you are favored by management. Other wise you will work with a promise of 40 hours a week and only receive 20.

Cons

Management will only see the bad never the good of a employee. Will give out bad reference on you even if you are a great employee Will be called in on you day off and many time employee will not show up for work even when you are on shift. Will have to work extra hours.

Management has stated to employee that he or she will give out bad references on you weather you were fired, quit, or gave notice of leaving the job to all of the employee who are currently working there. Management promise advancement to employee but only if you are a favorite you will never advance. Many good employee are looked at as thieves even when they are not and are under constant observance to see if they are stealing anything. Sex Harassment among female employee is all time high, male employee do not get wrote up for this problem even if they work in the deli to cashier.

Work here if you want tips, not respect.

Current Employee - Floor Runner in Havre, MT
    Current Employee - Floor Runner in Havre, MT

I have been working at Town Pump part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Awesome tip income in the better casinos, usually flexible with hours and lenient policies

Cons

Absolutely no breaks or lunches, most shifts are worked by yourself and you are constantly under video surveillance

Treat your employees with a little humanity, and stop gouging them

Constantly given the run around by everyone

Current Employee - Floor Runner
    Current Employee - Floor Runner

I have been working at Town Pump part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I love the customers, interacting with new people and the tips can be good too.

Cons

Never able to get a straight answer from anyone in management. Not sure if this is due to poor training, poor hiring choices or simple lack of knowledge. Management seems largely incapable/not interested in dealing with employee or customer issues. There is almost zero communication, everything is a need to know basis and you don't need to know. It seems as though every few weeks there are major changes to policies and these changes are often the polar opposite of what they were before. Gossip, favoritism and lying are like infectious diseases in this environment. Management response (or lack thereof) breeds discontent that does not go unnoticed by customers in even the sunniest of floor runners. Recent hour cuts in the face of Obamacare took employees who were averaging 28 hours a week down to 20 maximum and now the company demands workers are sent home early if it is slow. Workers are also expected to be available anytime on any given day (in other words, no secondary employment) for the glamorous sum of minimum wage plus the possibility of tips with no chance of receiving a pay increase.

Realize that investing in your employees is good for your overall company health. Set schedules are better for morale and recognition of a job well done can go a long way in creating job satisfaction. Try taking a basic business class. Treat your workers with respect, not as replaceable. How can you expect employees to be dependable, excited about their jobs and to do right by you when you take them from 28 hours a week down to 20 or less in two months time?

i love the customer service but hate the was im treated at the work place

Current Employee - Cashier in Whitefish, MT
    Current Employee - Cashier in Whitefish, MT

I have been working at Town Pump

Pros

town pump is constantly growing and i love being around the customers, helping them even with the simple stuff, and other then my location you get that pat on the back when you plus sale or offer the best customer service and for that i think town pump is a great work environment, town pump also treats there employees like a big family and i can see my self making town pump not just a job but a career, just that little something that i can tell people that Ive been working for town pump for 20 years and be proud to say it

Cons

i dislike the way im treated by my upper management and it effects how i am around customers, i feel like the customers can see that something is bothering me, its of great concern that im not offering the best of my services because of the cold shoulder and the constant let down i get from my manager even when im the only one that shows to work with a positive attitude or pushes sales more then anyone at my location

if i was to offer my manager advice i would say to interact with the employees more and give them some positive feed back to make then happier at the work place and want to come to work i think that when the employees are happy, the customers are happy too

So far it appears to be a good company to work for but hard to make a living at it for sure.

I have been working at Town Pump

Pros

Seems like a fair company to work for, opportunities are probably there. I like the job and enjoy the interaction with the customers. There is always someone to help you a phone call away.

Cons

The pay and the fact that you can't really have a second job since the hours vary so much as well as the lack of hours. Just too hard to make a living at this job. I applied because the pay used to be better and I didn't realize the wages had went down. You don't even get enough hours and you should if you are a good employee.

In this economy hard working employees should be compensated better and the policy on only managers getting 40 hrs should be removed. I make less than what your starting wage used to be and I've had raises. It makes it hard to justify staying with Town Pump when you can't pay your necessary bills. I'm used to not having "extra" money, but would at least like to be able to pay my bills and that is rent & utilities, the only extra is internet.