Townsquare Interactive Reviews

3.7
Tim Pirrone

1. Growing Fast, Understand How To Motivate

I have been working at Townsquare Interactive full-time

Pros

Working here for over a year. It would be a great job for someone just out of school or wanting to get into a fast paced digital marketing company. After more than doubling in the past year, TSI seems to understand to how keep employees happy and motivated. I have to say that working here is enjoyable and I look forward to growing my career.

Cons

Growing fast, need to continue to work to get in front of growing pains.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, continue to offer motivation for employees to go above and beyond.

2. Incredible Company Overall

Current Employee - Account Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Townsquare Interactive full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Making a left turn in my career after recently buying a house and having our first child was nerve racking. Since day 1 at TSI I've felt welcomed, encourage and rewarded for my performance. Not only does the environment itself promote team morale and encourage positive work ethic, but the more you build your personal success within the company, the more you are encouraged to continue to grow and are rewarded for your growth. Continual training shows the companies interest in your growth and they are conscious of the constant need for the sharpening of the tools needed for the job. Feedback and ideas are encouraged and the internal opportunities within the company are astonishing. I've never ONCE second guessed my decision to join the team at Townsquare Interactive.

Cons

The only downside of working at TSI that I could imagine would be allowing myself to get so excited about our growth, and success as a whole, that I annoy my family members by constantly bragging!

Advice to Management

KEEP IT UP. Our account managers and daily grinders have some of the most real time insight and feedback. Keep encouraging new processes and ideas. Keep up the motivation and training. We have a stellar team and top notch management to keep this ball rolling!

Townsquare Interactive Response

Jun 17, 2015 – Director of Service (Bill Reinhart)

Thanks for the nice feedback! Glad you're enjoying the environment of energy, excitement, success we are all working towards!

3. Great Company

I have been working at Townsquare Interactive

Pros

* Rewards those who work hard (got promoted after working with this company for only 7 months) * Great company culture- fun work environment (cash vaults, incentives, happy hour after work) * Plenty of training * Management and co-workers always willing to lend a helping hand * Awesome food choices around the area

Cons

* No matching 401k (makes sense being a start-up, but would love this in the future)

5. Rapid Growth, Young Crowd, Average Products

Former Employee - SEO Specialist in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - SEO Specialist in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Townsquare Interactive full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Any previous digital marketing experience will make this job a breeze. No staying late, great work/life balance. Young culture, fast paced. Beautiful websites.

Cons

Churn and burn mentality. Uneducated sales team. Inexperience employees.

6. Do not work here!

Former Employee - Online Marketing Consultant
    Former Employee - Online Marketing Consultant

I worked at Townsquare Interactive full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of role plays! Work 15 hour days! Cold call all day! One call close and never talk to your customers again because relationship building is not encouraged!

Cons

Pay back your training expenses if you stay less than 90 days! High turnover! No support from radio reps! Unrealistic quotas! Micromanagement at its best!

Advice to Management

Stop making fake reviews on here and hiding

Townsquare Interactive Response

Jun 16, 2015 – President/GM (Tim Pirrone)

I appreciate you taking the time to give feedback. We pride ourselves on providing our salespeople with an environment they love. We want to give them all an opportunity to grow within a very fast ... More

You'll enjoy this company if you love cold calling horrible people and having your dials and talk time monitored daily.

I worked at Townsquare Interactive full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Lots of $ if you are a top performer -Close knit teams

Cons

-No 401k match -Low base salary -Cold calling all day every day -Extremely high pressure sales tactics -Very low quality leads -Management plays favorites -If you're not the best of the best, you will never become a senior representative. Of 40-50 sales reps, there are less than 4 senior reps -Monitoring dials and talk time-very similar to Boiler Room -Sales team completely over sells product and many clients will never see ROI

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees. One week of training is not nearly comprehensive enough. Also stop playing favorites.

8. Good entry level job

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Townsquare Interactive full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent pay, paid holidays, no weekend work, entry level, fun environment, casual dress

Cons

Lots of cold calling, not really a con if your successful though.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

9. Awesome company... great vision

Former Employee - Digital Marketing Specialist
    Former Employee - Digital Marketing Specialist

I worked at Townsquare Interactive full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very Innovative company. GREAT People!

Cons

Wish I would have stayed

10. Senior Account Executive

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Townsquare Interactive full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work environment, amazing management staff. Just read the ridiculous comments saying these reviews are forced and felt I needed to say something. I've been here a little over a year. Do I work alot? Yes. Do i enjoy it? Yes. Am I compensated for it? Absolutely.I started at the lowest sales position in the company and worked my way to the top in 6 months. Love this place, for those who have left it's their decision or they were cut for not producing, it's that simple. This is sales, you get out what you put in and some people just can't or don't want to do the work. If that's the case then stick to a administrative position, or bank teller, or some other boring job. Townsquare is a home for those who are driven to sell a stellar product, make money, have fun, and grow themselves professionally. If you're not that type of person and dont understand the magnitude of the opportunity in front of you then just keep trucking. You're wasting everyone's time, and the companies money training you.

Cons

Working with people who simply ride the clock, fake dial, and waste the time of the management team who is trying to help you.

Advice to Management

Thanks for the constant support, and keep up the good work.

11. Great startup

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Townsquare Interactive full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good product Solid support from managers Great work environment Good commission potential

Cons

Same thing day in and day out, but you know what you're getting into. Can get frustrating as in any cold calling job Self prospecting Paid 8:30 to 4:30 but you end up working late/long or from home at night with no compensation other than potential commission from sales

Advice to Management

Share leads around more evenly

RSS Feed </> Embed