Townsquare Interactive

Senior Account Executive

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Townsquare Interactive full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great work environment, amazing management staff. Just read the ridiculous comments saying these reviews are forced and felt I needed to say something. I've been here a little over a year. Do I work alot? Yes. Do i enjoy it? Yes. Am I compensated for it? Absolutely.I started at the lowest sales position in the company and worked my way to the top in 6 months. Love this place, for those who have left it's their decision or they were cut for not producing, it's that simple. This is sales, you get out what you put in and some people just can't or don't want to do the work. If that's the case then stick to a administrative position, or bank teller, or some other boring job. Townsquare is a home for those who are driven to sell a stellar product, make money, have fun, and grow themselves professionally. If you're not that type of person and dont understand the magnitude of the opportunity in front of you then just keep trucking. You're wasting everyone's time, and the companies money training you.

Cons

Working with people who simply ride the clock, fake dial, and waste the time of the management team who is trying to help you.

Thanks for the constant support, and keep up the good work.

Great startup

Former Employee - Sales Representative  in  Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Townsquare Interactive full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good product
    Solid support from managers
    Great work environment
    Good commission potential

Cons

Same thing day in and day out, but you know what you're getting into.
    Can get frustrating as in any cold calling job
    Self prospecting
    Paid 8:30 to 4:30 but you end up working late/long or from home at night with no compensation other than potential commission from sales

Share leads around more evenly

Just know what you're getting into

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Townsquare Interactive full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company will be profitable no matter what
    Great place for kids right out of college to get a little experience
    I'm a much better salesman coming out of this job than going in

Cons

Most of the top performing senior employees who have been with the company from the beginning are either quitting or being let go under false pretenses. I think the count is eight in the last two months.
    Clients are regularly sold on sales who can't afford the service for more than a couple months. Anyone in digital marketing knows it takes at least 6-12 months for just rankings, let alone calls and sales. Training is mostly save tactics for keeping clients bought in.
    Long hours. Be ready to work weekends, but have management insist you don't have to.

We all know you’re under a lot of pressure from the higher-ups. The pressure account managers are under is probably little compared to what you deal with. But seriously, stop lying to your employees. Stick to your promises. Offering a reward and taking it away a week later is not cool. You're seeing the results of that in the recent turnover.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Work Hard, Play Hard Environment - Growing Fast

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Townsquare Interactive full-time for more than a year

Pros

I appreciate the challenge to meet and exceed goals. Everyday contains something new to learn. My co-workers and teammates are intelligent and know what they're doing. They are willing to go out of their way to help.

Cons

There are some growing pains related to being a start-up. And plenty of people walk into an interview saying they thrive in a face-paced, demanding environment. If you don't enjoy a face-paced, demanding environment, you won't like it here.

Continue pushing to make the company better! Even if it's uncomfortable for some employees and managers. And take the time to reward employees for accomplishments.

Fast paced and changing business

Current Employee - Senior Sales  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Senior Sales in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Townsquare Interactive full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fast paced environment that is young and open to change. Lots up promotional opportunity and management is creating higher level positions to be able to continue promoting their talent. Also a culture that rewards employees that create their own opportunities within the business.

The pay is competitive and improves by performance and not politics. 95 percent of sales reps hit their quota numbers monthly, there are very few claw backs and the commission structure is very good.

Most importantly, the product works for 98% of clients and the ones that it doesn't work for TSI always makes it right. Impressively, TSI is still finding way to make this product better and more efficient.

Cons

Its a crowded work space because we are growing so fast. Fortunately, this is being fixed by adding more office space.

If you need constant management, this environment could be hard for you. Management and senior staff have a lot to do and can't do your job too. If you begin failing, they will help only if you ask and don't give up.

Processes to make this a really easy sale are still being developed. There is no script. I think it is safe to say management isn't big on scripts but they are always trying to improve the selling/demo process through training so everyone can be a success. If you are not willing to be part of building a relatively new business with changes commonplace. TSI could be a challenge.

Continue the training process as it is now going and possibly hire a dedicated trainer so managers are not all responsible for training all the new hires.

Good if you have the personality of a robot.

Current Employee - Inside Sales  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Townsquare Interactive full-time for more than a year

Pros

None that I can think of.

Cons

Forced cold calling all day long. After selling lousy websites to unsuspecting small businesses, you have to deal with their complaints until the day they cancel their website.
    The good reviews on here were forced by management. Emails are sent by HR to employees telling them to write good reviews.
    Turnover rate is incredible. Within 1 year, I saw over 1/2 of the employees leave, quit, or fired out of nowhere.

Give more than a $25 bonus for selling thousands of dollars worth of websites.

They have obviously altered these reviews.

I worked at Townsquare Interactive

Pros

You get the opportunity to make hundreds of cold calls a week from the phone book.

Cons

They have obviously altered these reviews unnaturally. I find it ironic that 5 reviews were submitted on the same day in March. Any company who utilizes this as a common practice should make you uneasy. Proceed with caution!

Stop spamming your online listings on review sites.

Great Company Culture, Face Paced Environment

Current Employee - Digital Marketing Specialist  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Digital Marketing Specialist in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Townsquare Interactive full-time for less than a year

Pros

Managers do not micro-manage, young work environment, fresh ideas, creative thinking, good training, managers are involved and actually help resolve issues with clients.

Cons

A lot of emphasis on hitting numbers, workload is high so TSI needs to continue hiring more talented people.

Trust that your employees are working their hardest, and if numbers aren't being hit, it is due to the high client load, not a lack of effort.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Townsquare Interactive full-time for more than a year

Pros

Since working at Townsquare, I have learned many different things including design, how to manage clients and a book of business and search engine optimization. Management is always willing to help, so that is a plus! Also, they are very flexible with hours.

Cons

Not really any cons- my book of business has grown a lot so I am always busy!

Keep up the good work!

Refreshing Work Environment!

Current Employee - Digital Marketing Specialist  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Digital Marketing Specialist in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Townsquare Interactive full-time for less than a year

Pros

team environment, upper management is open to new ideas and they respect their employees, good pay and benefits, frequent events to celebrate employees, CEO often supplies lunch and breakfast to say thank you!

Cons

I recently started at Townsquare Interactive 2 months ago and do not currently have any complaints.

Townsquare Interactive Photos

Worked for Townsquare Interactive? Contribute to the Community!