Toyo Tire North America

Updated December 16, 2014

James Hawk

Great people

I have been working at Toyo Tire North America as a contractor

Pros

The people there are really nice. I've had more than a few people go out of their way to help me with my job or to make me feel comfortable there.

Cons

My job is pretty boring. It's the same thing day in and day out, but I knew what I was getting my self into, so I can't complain.

None

Has a reputation of cycling through people, difficult working hours.

Current Employee - Production in White, GA
    Current Employee - Production in White, GA

I have been working at Toyo Tire North America full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

tolerable starting pay at $15/hour. Safety and cleanliness. Friendly co-workers.

Cons

Shifts are taxing- would be tolerable if they had shifts rotating every 8 to 10 hours, but they are stuck on these 12 hour shifts They cycle through good people like water- if you are unfortunate enough to have equipment which does not stay up and running you will fail to meet the quota. Once that happens, expect to threatened with job loss and subsequently terminated. Being a model employee will not take you very far, you are just a number. While there are sporadic advancement opportunities, management treats subordinates so disrespectfully it is an unattractive option to move up the ranks and distance yourself from pleasant co-workers.

Make allowances for when things go wrong (material shortages, equipment issues, etc.) and give positive feedback rather than making threats of terming people. Negativity from management creates a poor working environment. Change the shifts from 12 hours down to 8 to 10 hour shifts to reduce burnout and fatigue- particularly for the folks working 3rd shift. Management takes on an attitude of we versus them. Would like to see more partnering and team building.

Politics galore

Former Employee - Mixing Operator in White, GA
    Former Employee - Mixing Operator in White, GA

I worked at Toyo Tire North America full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Decent pay for that area

Cons

Very political environment. I worked there for four years until the economy picked back up and I could return back to being a construction superintendent. Thank god! The management makes up the rules as they go. They have the "I'm better than you" mentality, consequently morale suffers. I'm very well known and respected in my industry, so it was a very humbling to be just a number who had better listen or get out.

Treat your employees as equals. Your approach may be typical of other Japanese companies, but guess what? We're not Japanese. We're hard working American men and women who take pride in providing for our families. We expect, and should be respected and treated with dignity.

Management

I have been working at Toyo Tire North America full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

As long as you do what management says you will be ok and accepted.

Cons

Management does not want change and does not embrace. Some younger employees have tried to make change but have given up because the gray heads do not like it. In a new quality audit, the manager did not like what was said about his policies. Instead of embracing the suggestions, he wanted a new auditor who would just sign off like the last one did. No one told the auditor that change was not accepted.

Lead, follow, or get out of the way!

Decent paying job, but a very negative working atmosphere

Former Employee - Technician in White, GA
    Former Employee - Technician in White, GA

I worked at Toyo Tire North America full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Decent pay, good benefits, and a steady paycheck.

Cons

Very strenuous and arduous work even for lower level Management positions. Extremely poor Company/Employee relationship. Taxing rotating shifts. No bonuses or incentives for dedication or high performance. Buddy system in place for promotions.

Set up a suggestion program that includes incentives for viable profit making ideas. Provide a lucrative incentive program that promotes Safety, Quality, and Productivity. Remove the Elitist, Superior mindset from upper Management and promote a more productive morale in the rankings.

Toyo Tire NA

Current Employee - Mfg Teck in White, GA
    Current Employee - Mfg Teck in White, GA

I have been working at Toyo Tire North America full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good pay, great team members, Good benifits always work

Cons

rotating shift from days to nights every 2 weeks

very good

I have been working at Toyo Tire North America full-time

Pros

good pay and benifits time off

Cons

rotating hours and days off.

Toyo is a good place to work but not for the feeble employee. You earn what you make.

Current Employee - Mold Tech/Curing
    Current Employee - Mold Tech/Curing

I have been working at Toyo Tire North America full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Days off, good pay, benefits, overtime, tire discounts, not normally standing in one spot, freedom to move around, no set break schedule

Cons

Heat, swing shift, no set breaks, mandatory overtime guidelines,

Better heat support. Averages round 95-140 degrees in summer.

It was a wonderful company to work for.

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager

I worked at Toyo Tire North America

Pros

Great people to work with. Great customer friendly approach to market. Great benefits.

Cons

Management from Japan cycles through every few years and tries to make too many changes.