Toyoda Gosei North America

Updated May 21, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Hiromi Ikehata

Great People, Great Benefits..

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Troy, MI

Pros- Challenging work, co-workers great to work with. Competitive pay and benefits, flexible work schedule available. Company growing.

Cons- Decisions are slow because of culture differences.

Advice to Senior Management- Trust employees to make sound decisions without nit picking every detail.

Some good managers but few and far between

Engineer (Former Employee) Troy, MI

ProsGood about providing training, excellent benefits (pre-2009), opportunities to cross train.

ConsDisconnect between Japanese and US management, lots of nepotistic hiring and favoritism.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake some time to know your employees rather than just relying on general preconception. Big decisions were made about employees with little or no knowledge of their value.

I.T. overall is an after thought

Network Specialist (Former Employee) Perryville, MO

ProsThe employees are friendly and nice.

ConsWay to much work load in I.T., No I.T. structure , No investment in employees, underpays Skill workers, has very little interest in creating a better environment. Only cares about getting product out the door.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in your I.T. department (its not 1988 anymore) and invest in your employees. You continually abuse the employees by dramatically underpaying them and on top of that forcing them to carry a very heavy workload so you can " Do more with way less"

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Toyoda Gosei is an alright company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Perryville, MO

ProsGreat Internship opportunities, great opportunities for entry level positions, flexible hours, cafeteria, employee fitness program, manufactures good products

ConsCorporation mentality, doesn't care about contract employees, barely cares about non-office employees. Will send engineers away from their families for years at a time just because they don't want to hire someone new in a different location.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou can't throw money at all your problems and wonder why you're broke.

Nice Place to Work

Machine Engineering (Current Employee) Troy, MI

ProsUnderstanding and helpful Management. Very good working environment

ConsThey do not think out of the box

First job it was easy but it wasn't where I wanted to be.

Molder (Former Employee) Hopkinsville, KY

ProsEasy work, more breaks compared to other factories, very friendly employees and supervisors

ConsLow pay, long hours if you work at TGASK you have no time for anything other than work. To far from home

People are great

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Troy, MI

ProsEveryone is very nice. Recognition for your hard work. Benefits are excellent. Flexible work schedule. Great vacation. Enjoy working here.

ConsHaven't found any negatives yet.

Advice to Senior ManagementNot enough authority given to lower management. Everything has to be signed by the president which slows the whole process down.

Working here has changed my view on the Japanese work environment

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Troy, MI

ProsSome managerial/executives are very reasonable and fair and great to work with.

ConsThe benefits are slipping with every renewal

Work ethics no good.

Senior Engineer (Current Employee) Troy, MI

ProsMain reason to work at Toyota Group company was Job stability. That was wrong, jon stability for only Japanese employees not for American or Canadian employees.

ConsNo recognition for an excellent work, Individual does not benefits. Manager or group benefits doer or initiator does not get credit or any benefit for his work.

Advice to Senior Managementslow management decisions and bad communications with employees.
    Japanese management takes care of Japanese direction and leaves NA actions on NA management which does not effect Japanese direction without analysis NA effect or long rage effect.

Good company to work for

Account Manager (Former Employee)

ProsThe benefits are pretty solid.

ConsThe growth opportunities are limited unless you are with the organization for a very long time.

Worked for Toyoda Gosei North America? Contribute to the Community!