Toyota

Toyota Reviews

Updated Jul 19, 2014

Toyota President and Representative Director Akio Toyoda

Akio Toyoda

Pros
  • Work/Life Balance is great and a friendly work environment(in 17 reviews)

• Good pay, Benefits Good work life balance(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • For design staff the work-life balance is typically severe(in 15 reviews)

• Long hours, politics and varied growth pipelines without cross-function(in 13 reviews)

Good work place for service advisors

ProsThe ability to make $10k + a month if you are good and work hard.

Consworking weekends can be a drag.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive room to grow in company.

Overall a nice productive environment.

Co-Op (Former Employee) Princeton, IL

ProsNice people, great chance to see innovative technologies. Lots of different factors go into making a car that most people are never aware of. Nice mix of people .The work is incredibly varied. Easy to find different elements you're drawn to.

ConsOvertime occasionally. Sometimes the project you currently need to work on takes more than the usual 8 hours. And if the deadline is looming, you have to stay over to finish it. Good thing is they pay you overtime. Still, being in the office all day gets tiring.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave clear projects defined for interns and co-ops. Sometimes after I would finish my current project there wouldn't really be anything for me to do any more.

Good Money

Car Salesman (Current Employee) New Castle, DE

ProsGreat Money,and great product

ConsThe Late Nights and little room for advancement

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

My experience at Toyota was great

Intern (Current Employee) Erlanger, KY

ProsLots of great challenging experiences. offered to travel and go for supplier visit , great team to work for.

ConsHonestly, overall the job and the company is amazing. However, as a packaging engineer, you do not get any chance to work on the graphic design aspect of the packaging side.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone.

Very Good Place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat atmosphere loved the team that I worked with

ConsJapanese culture takes a little getting use to

Sales Associate

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat benefits, awesome sales experience when having to build a client base from the ground up.

ConsPolitics, hours, management feeling power taken away/ control when great sales associates go above and beyond expectations.

Wonderful experience working with executive management!

Staff Assistant (Former Employee) Erlanger, KY

ProsThey work only in Excel.

ConsNone. Great company to work, they excel at being the best.

Friendly job

Prosgreat pay good customers. awesome

Consnone. i like the job completly

Advice to Senior Managementnone

I have worked for several Toyota dealerships for over 30 years as Fleet Manager/Director.

Fleet Director (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsQuality products, our consumers are generally happy with purchases. Many repeat buyers and referrals. Because vehicles basically sell themselves, we are always busy. Training is available from the factory, mandatory if you wish to succeed.

ConsToo many hours, never a weekend off, no bonuses and commissions about the same as they were 30 years ago. Minimum commission is same $100 as it was in 1980. it takes working 6-7 days a week to make a six figure income.

Great Company just watch your back

Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsGood pay, Benefits Good work life balance.

ConsManagement doesn't listen to associates if you are by yourself. A lot of brown nosing. When you have a problem they have a person you go to who lives out of town called a 'HRC". This person goes from facility to facility listening to everyone's complaints. Kind of like a union steward with no union. An employee of the company. Who does what the company wants without listening to real facts! And they don't adhere to their non-retaliation policy! You might when your first round, but you will be a marked person after that! Believe me !

Advice to Senior ManagementThe associates are the back bone of your company Act like you belief that. everyone in your management crew are not good managers. Some are real bullies!

Worked for Toyota? Contribute to the Community!