Toyota Financial Services

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Takuo Sasaki

Pros
  • Work-Life balance is very good, they recently made their same day time off program more flexible(in 12 reviews)

• Good benefits, good tuition assistance program(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Does not promote based on merit(in 3 reviews)

• Mostly due to the economy and initiatives to cutback, there is currently little room for growth/promotion(in 3 reviews)

challenging role

QA Lead (Former Employee) Torrance, CA

ProsI have great experience of learning how to conduct meeting and discuss QA strategy and estimation with the stake holders. there is a lot of learning potential in this company.

Conshigh pressure environment sometimes affects the work-life balance

I liked the benefits but unable to fit in culture

Senior Treasury Systems and Projects Analyst (Former Employee) Torrance, CA

ProsBenefits are great. Time off at the end of year and company closes down for a week at end of year

ConsCulture is different from previous employers - there is no room to exercise creativity or entrepreneurship and be responsible for own results.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet employees exercise some creativity

Great people, horrible metrics.

Collections - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Chandler, AZ

ProsThe relaxed atmosphere and diversity of the people you work with make for a relatively easy-going, low stress job.

ConsThe metrics you are evaluated onas an employee, are overly subjective. The work your doing can readily be reduced to objective numbers.

Advice to Senior ManagementObjectify your evaluation process, weed out redundant software, give young/new talent more inventive to stay with company; the pay isn't industry leading, like the performance expected and returned.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Toyota Financial Services cares about it's employees and community.

Collections - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Cedar Rapids, IA

ProsI have worked at TFS for many years and it has been a terrific experience. Their health benefits are 2nd best in the city, their car benefits cover my family, the work environment is very casual and the opportunity to advance is good,,, if you have a degree.

The company does a lot of fund raising for community charities, and lots of fun events. There are many committees to join and opportunities to be involved in company and community events.

There are annual raises and a yearly bonus based based on performance.

All managers have an open door policy and the culture of the company is a priority including Diversity and Inclusion. Upper management are very approachable.

There is a cafeteria onsite that is heavily subsidized by the company making prices very reasonable.

Work-Life balance is very good, they recently made their same day time off program more flexible. Some departments have flexible work schedules which can be helpful and they recently introduced part-time positions in some departments.

ConsThe company used to be much more generous to their employees, outrageous Christmas parties and regular giveaways are all but gone. The monthly collections bonus program was recently eliminated effectively reducing income potential for top performers.

A main frustration is that because Management styles vary so drastically between call center locations, the same departments at different sites are not held to the same standard.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a standard for the work done and stick with it. Hold employees accountable for sub-standard work.

The internship was such a wonderful learning experience

Intern (Former Employee) Chandler, AZ

Prosgreat company to work for. good pay.

ConsAbsolutely no complaints. the training was awesome, the people were awesome, everything was awesome. except my ipod did get stolen, but that can happen anywhere unfortunately

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Very Pro-Employee company with great benefit package

IT Analyst (Former Employee) San Juan, PR

ProsGreat leadership and general workplace. Its a good environment to work at. Awesome coworkers

ConsLittle excitement. Career growth is very limited

TFS Review

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Torrance, CA

ProsGreat company culture
    Family vibe
    Great Managment
    People actually care
    Perks of inusion

ConsNo meausrable means of advancement due to budget.

Advice to Senior Managementmeasurable means of advancement

Very solid experience and opportunity

Producer (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsContracted for term-based projects relating to marketing. Very solid communication and opportunities for what I was hired to accomplish. Not sure of growth or otherwise for those in long-term positions, but for my experience, it was very positive.

ConsFor my particular assignment and contract-based projects, I do not have anything negative to write.

Great company but change resistant

Anonymous (Current Employee) Torrance, CA

ProsGreat people willing to go the extra mile to help you out
    Company takes care of its people with incredible benefits
    Workplace flexibility options
    Excellent company reputation and socially responsible in the community
    Focus on leadership development and career development (lateral moves common)
    Opportunities to lead in capacity outside your role (volunteering, employee resource groups)

ConsCompany is very slow to change and change resistant
    Long tenure employees contribute to doing things the same way, particularly at middle management level
    Lack of opportunity to advance and promotional decisions not always based on merit
    Not leveraging continuous improvement mindset and methods as much as you would expect

Advice to Senior ManagementStrive to create further openness to new ideas and doing things differently

TFS is a great place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Torrance, CA

ProsTFS encourages change and innovation with its employees.

ConsSometimes, change is slow but everything is thought out and consensus is paramount.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore openness and consideration is needed from upper-management to engage employees at all levels.

Worked for Toyota Financial Services? Contribute to the Community!