Toyota Marin Reviews

Mike Christian

1. Effort Equals Pay...For The Most Part

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in San Rafael, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in San Rafael, CA

I have been working at Toyota Marin full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The effort you put in determines your pay. Although sometimes effort exceeds pay, and vice-versa; pay exceeds effort. Most of your colleagues will be willing to help you learn and grow.

Cons

Time commitment to the job. You don't really have much of a social life since you'll most likely work over 9 or 10 hours a day; some weeks may have to be a 6-day work week.

2. sales consultant

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Toyota Marin full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

mike levy is a great trainer ....none .....run the other way !

Cons

way too long hours for way too little pay .....its flood the floors to make as much money for tom price and mr sims ....the company and mangament should be ashamed at the long hours .......i witnessed some poor 20 something say he didnt take a vacation in 3 years ....

Advice to Management

life balance ....cut back hours stop the bs with the one price ...you have posted in the window to have your internet dept. under cut yourself but you dont care about the sales person as long as you make the sale

3. Grind but educational, pay is very low by market standards for what is expected

Former Employee - Sales Manager in San Rafael, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in San Rafael, CA

I worked at Toyota Marin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Transparent, forward thinking, customer friendly, strong parent company, strong GM, reasonable training

Cons

Lower than market pay, exceptionaly long hours, negative enviorment, set a record every month or you are crap

Advice to Management

The quality you pay for is the quality you receive

5. Management abuses their sales people. The dealership is runlike a military bootcamp, burning everyone out.

Current Employee - Internet Sales in San Rafael, CA
    Current Employee - Internet Sales in San Rafael, CA

I have been working at Toyota Marin

Pros

Selling cars can be good. The Toyota Corp. provides extensive online product training. If you have not sold a big ticket item you can gain some experience to get started. It's is realy to bad. They have part of the sales approach right, and are willing to train people.

Cons

The work schedule is an average of 50 to 60 hours a week. The commissions are the smallest I have ever seen in my life in the car busiess. This place is run it like a militay bootcamp. They almost continually run employment ads for sales people all year round, because so many people get burnt out and quit. I have never worked under so much preasue in all my years of selling cars, and I was call a rising star by my manager, I was closing sales. Over the years I have learned the term "Salesperson Abuse" and this is the worst example of it that I have ever seen.

Advice to Management

Get Managers that knows how to run a dealerhsip with an up system; invest in computers that don''t crash because they have 13 year old operating systems, give all of your sales people professional offices, teach them how to prospect, and be more concerned about building real realationships with your employees and customers than statiistics.

6. Lots of pressure

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Toyota Marin

Pros

A training ground for selling

Cons

The pressure and could use more support

Advice to Management

More training and support