Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada

Be The First To
Add Photos

Brian Krinock

Good experience for coop

Product Engineer - Co-op (Current Employee)

ProsLots of opportunity to see different part of the plant and get involved with projects. Friendly coworkers that are willing to help

ConsSometimes you have to work for long hours or weird shifts, other than that, it was a good experience for me.

Not good for a Finance Co-op

Finance Co-Op (Former Employee) Cambridge, ON (Canada)

ProsGood working environment and friendly staff to assist you in your work. Pay increases with experience level and if there is work then ample opportunity to get paid overtime

ConsNot the ideal place for a finance co-op, work is scarce and there are long rigid working hours involved.

Advice to Senior ManagementEngage co-ops more in projects especially finance departments ones who do not have enough projects to last the duration of the term.

Best company I have ever worked for

Team Member (Current Employee) Cambridge, ON (Canada)

ProsYou are treated with respect

ConsWould be better if they had straight shifts

Advice to Senior ManagementShould offer straight shifts

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not the best work environment!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Proscompany values were strong and senior management was nice

Consoffice culture was very boring

Good company to work for

South Weld Engineer (Former Employee) Cambridge, ON (Canada)

Proswill learn everything about lean manufacturing. Good example of a manufacturing environment.

ConsYou will have to work hard to get noticed. Everyone there is a hard worker.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet to know the smaller people better, they usually have pretty good advice on improvements.

TEMA Body Weld Engineering Intern

TEMA Body Weld Engineering Intern (Former Employee) Woodstock, ON (Canada)

ProsChallenging work
    Good team dynamics
    Travel opportunities
    Fair pay
    Fast implementation of welding equipment
    Non-unionized (at the time)
    Very friendly assembly line staff

ConsOpen concept office
    Welding area does not have natural light (acceptable for the area)
    Reporting style is too lean to provide real depth to a design problem (TBP reporting)
    Poor cooperation between TMMC and TEMA (not too terrible)

Bilingualism

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) London, ON (Canada)

Pros-Was able to apply my french language skills in a comfortable setting, with assistance along the way.

Cons-Was primarily working on the telephone for a 7.5 hour shift, which grew tiring after approximately one year.

Advice to Senior Management-Continue to encourage internal growth, and possibility for advancement within the company

Hard demoralizing workplace.

QCRI Team Member (Former Employee) Cambridge, ON (Canada)

ProsGood pay for manual labor at one point though that's on decline.

ConsBosses & managers that behave like dictators promoting they're buddies and family members despite incompetence, and do not reward good workers.

Workers on contract are on 3 month review now have to be there for min 5+ years to be hired full time. Pay dropped to $24/hr from around 28 when I was there, as were benefits and medical.

People working online can hope to last 10 years without serious injury if strong, if not ur pretty much lost, and will never recover to work properly anywhere else manually.

Other employees there under contractors are constantly intimidated and verbally abused.

Production must go on no matter what, a while back when corolla engines were still being made there, the air compressor robot that cleans engine blocks broke and I personally saw the supervisor tell people to put the dirty engine blocks on line to be built, 6 months later 33000 engines were recalled. Quality is getting worse there every year, as cost cutting penny pinching and worker fatique sets in.

Toyota never has a layoff, it only has a end of contract.

Pray u don't buy a Friday/ Saturday OT or Monday car as people there are pissed off that they have another hard week ahead of them. Anyone who has worked there knows and has seen the death stares at north plant cafeteria on a Monday morning.

People working there get into stupor and to comfortable and get them self's into trouble by getting cars and mortgage they can barely afford and then get stuck working there since no other labor job can sustain that lifestyle.

If you are young stay there 5-6 years if u can, and save as much as possible, then go to school or start ur own bussiness , that way in will have job security in the future.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet ur heads out of our own asses. Start treating people with respect.

Quality Control Weld

Summer Student (Former Employee) Woodstock, ON (Canada)

ProsLess physically strenuous than other line jobs, great team, constant job rotation

ConsVery hot in summer, lot's of over time (extra cash though!!)

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate more airflow in side member qc check

Too late to start over

Team Member (Current Employee) Cambridge, ON (Canada)

ProsOne day i might get a pension, if i make it...12 years left

Consmismanaged, disrespectful, detrimental to personal life, high rate of injury, and very much an adversarial environment.

Advice to Senior Managementsay what you mean and mean what you say.
    follow your own policies
    appreciate the workers who have won the awards that you take the credit for.

Worked for Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada? Contribute to the Community!