Toyota Motor Sales

www.toyota.com

Toyota Motor Sales Reviews

Updated Jul 19, 2014

Toyota Motor Sales Chairman & CEO Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc. Yoshimi Inaba

Yoshimi Inaba

Pros
  • The company really cares about their employees and their work/life balance(in 17 reviews)

• Great benefits, copious amounts of opportunity, great management and great people(in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • District Sales Manager position requires 75% travel with no work/ life balance(in 6 reviews)

• Very hierarchical which results in traditional decision-making happening at the top and behind closed doors(in 7 reviews)

Great company. Lots of opportunity.

Product Planning (Current Employee) Torrance, CA

ProsHuge, dynamic company that always innovates, improves & inspires.
    Opportunity for cross department movement (better than any company in this regard.)
    Visibility & direct involvement with top management.
    Overtime Eligible
    Every other Friday off
    I'm proud to work here!
    I'm challenged and satisfied with the work I do.
    I look up to and respect my managers and VP's.
    Lots of smart, innovative people!
    Pension! Yes, even in 2014!
    No one leaves because it's a dream come true. Trust me. Toyota is the 4th company I've worked for and I'll never leave. I wake up content and motivated in going to work each day.

ConsSlow decision making.
    Not big on titles. A "senior" executive in entertainment will come in as a band 3 "administrator" here.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

I (Used to) Love What You Do For Me - TOYOTA

District Service and Parts Manager (Current Employee) West Caldwell, NJ

ProsGood overall company that is stable and well funded. Decent products

ConsPoor work/life balance. Pay is fair. The dealers pressure regional management to hire their children. Each regional office has one or two "dealer kids" that get showered with attention and poof the dealer kids go back to run their parents business.

There is very little management turnover so job growth is limited.

Advice to Senior ManagementBuild better cars and give your rising stars are future

Terrible Management

Customer Relations Specialist (Former Employee)

ProsThe benefits were great,but there will be changing due to obamacare next year.

ConsThe managers had no interest in the family work life balance and were inconsistent with the yreatment of their employees. The hours were awful and your shift changed every couple months based on performance .The training is awful and they dont prepare you for the job adequately. The systems are outdated and constantly failing.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in your employees and treat them fairly.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A wonderful company that takes care of its associates.

Marketing Administrator (Former Employee) Torrance, CA

ProsExcellent benefits package, many learning opportunities, and many amazing leaders.

ConsLong hours and demanding management

Advice to Senior ManagementSee that worker bees get credit for their work as many line managers sit back, enjoy perks, and accept recognition not deserved.

It was an eye opening experience, both good and bad.

Product Planning (Former Employee) Torrance, CA

ProsMethodical, process focused and quality of work is highly regarded. The benefit was great. They provide a lot of information resources for our line of work.

ConsDue to the great benefits, the opportunity for upward movement is scarce. Dealing with the politics were tough to get use to.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease allow for out of the box thinking, be flexible and allow for quicker execution.

Toyota is a wonderful place to work with dedicated, engaged, hard-working employees.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe campus is very interactive and the majority of people seem happy to be at work.

ConsThere were no downsides to my personal experience at Toyota.

Nice people.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt is a place that values work-life balance.

ConsThere is a lot of red tape at times.

Great company with a commitment to training and development.

Staff Manager (Former Employee)

ProsToyota makes a quality product and has a very loyal owner base. The benefit package is great. Pay is ok. Associate work/life balance is important to the company.

ConsThe company is getting long in the tooth. Much of its growth in the last 10 years has been from entering new segments. The brand is very conservative in a market that is increasingly competitive.

ProsGreat benefits, copious amounts of opportunity, great management and great people.

ConsBelow average compensation in certain positions.

Challenging and rewarding, but lack of promotional movement driving talent out

District Sales Manager (Current Employee) Glen Burnie, MD

ProsRegional management who are engaged and responsive to suggestions
    Dealer body who that is motivated and drives hard to deliver results
    Open and inclusive environment that motivates regional associates to bring new ideas forward and fully participate in the growth and success of Toyota.
    Great insurance and pay for performance / bonuses

ConsTenured regional management staff who refuse to move through the system and have clogged the pipe with little promotional opportunities for field staff, forcing top performers leave the company while mediocre employees remain.
    Corporate managers layered within offices at Torrance, CA who have no idea how the day to day operations of a regional office or dealership work, yet they are making decisions that impact field operations.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreated opportunities for top performing field staff to move quicker through the system or continue to lose associates to competitors.

Worked for Toyota Motor Sales? Contribute to the Community!