Toyota Tsusho America

Add Photos

Takashi Hasegawa

Constantly moving, fun atmosphere

Temp Worker (Former Employee) Georgetown, KY

ProsEach day was something different, paid weekly, no weekends ever

ConsOn feet all day, nothing else was bad

Advice to Senior ManagementPay could be higher

Okay

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros-it has a good start pay

Cons-No opportunities to move up

you will get stuck

Prosnice, friendly, relaxed, benefits, coverage

Conscheap, no growth, lazy managers

Advice to Senior Managementsome mangers do not work

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Unsatisfying Experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBenefits are good, time off

ConsThey say promote from within but yet bring in outside members with less qualifications and experience. Dead end job no career unless you belong to the good old boy network.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop limiting members growth because they do not agree with you on every issue. A company full of yes men is a company without vision and creativity.

I begged for training and received it in small spurts.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThey consistently have coffee, tea, hot cocoa, etc. Also, they shut down from the week of Christmas until New Year's Day... with pay. There are many Japanese employees, and it was interesting to experience the business culture.

ConsAbsolutely everyone is miserable, all the time. The pay is low and the benefits are not impressive. They have a policy where people have to work through a temporary agency for 90 days. When you get hired on you still have to wait an additional 13 months before you receive vacation.

Work hard and get noticed!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsToyota Tsusho is an excellent company with amazing benefits. I was lucky to be surrounded by hard working, educated, professional coworkers. The company structure allows for growth. Upper management valued my opinions. The CEO traveled to all office locations and would have open forum meetings with all levels of employees to gain new ideas and get feedback about current procedures/policies.

ConsMost upper management comes from Japan. Many higher level positions come with long work hours and travel. Different departments have different salary levels for the same position.

Poor development of people

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe company offers good pay and benefits. Working hours are not bad

ConsDoes not invest into the knowledge of it's workforce. Due to bad management decisions causes good people to leave and make other companies great.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat associates as you want to be treated. They are part of your external family

Very unsatisfying experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood benefits but come at the sacrifice of a competitive salary/wage

ConsManagement micro manages staff which leads to mediocrity when employees feel they are not given credit for ideas or skills. Many in management do not allow employees to contribute but use them in the capacity of clerks even at the professional level. Company uses punishment instead of working with employees as a motivator. Job training is severely lacking.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice to executive or senior management is to know what is going on in the various departments and not rely on only managers to provide information. Look closely at the corporate office and how many managers there are and what little support the locations receive.

Central Kentucky

Assistant Manager Non-Ferrous (Current Employee) Lexington-Fayette, KY

ProsPros: Stable, competitive, opportunistic, and exciting working enviroment. Company is very diverse and leaves many dooors open.

ConsDual culture, job can be repetitive with many communication challenges as it is an international organization. The organization is run very lean meaning lots of effort and hours are required.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on young talent as the company has been growing rapidly internal structure needs some work.

Learned a great deal in my role; however, Executive and Senior management was severely incompetent and lacked vision..

Manager (Former Employee) Georgetown, KY

ProsGreat Healthcare benefits, Holiday shut down, holidays bonuses, and the opportunity to learn the legendary Toyota Production System and other industry leading Japaneses business principles. Tsusho is in to everything so very board exposure..

ConsPoor Executive and Senior Mangement. Promotion was based on favoritism and tenure vs meritocracy, hardwork, leadership potential and merit. Management did not work to develop future leaders, or to coach individuals with potential. There is very very low morale within Toyota group companies much of it has to do with the mediocre Managment. Executives run the company from glass offices and do not have the pulse of the company. US executives are probably the most clueless of what's happening.. Very poor work life balance..

Advice to Senior ManagementEmpower your employees, reward hard work for those who strive for professional development. Recruit MBAs, use them to help reshape the future and develop a visionsary plan for success. Stop promoting people based on golf outings and number of years served. Adopt a meritocracy and promote those with strong educational, leadership and business acumen. Get rid of the Executives from the past with no vision or real work and hire a strong Operating Executive to reinvigorate the company.

Worked for Toyota Tsusho America? Contribute to the Community!