Toyota of Orlando Reviews

"Thanks"

Former Employee - Product Specialist  in  Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Product Specialist in Orlando, FL

I worked at Toyota of Orlando full-time for less than a year

Pros

Toyota is a great product

Cons

Nothing but greedy liars whom take advantage of you until you can't take anymore,don't waste you're time or buy into their lies.

Just wanted to thank whomever posted and confirmed my first post.Speaking for myself you lost a dedicated,hard working salesman looking for a career,not a job. Before you keep losing the good ones,look at all you're doing wrong.Toyota itself needs to be informed of how this dealership is treating the employees. And p.s, I still have customers calling me wanting to buy from me because of the way I treated them,have the text to prove it.

Long hours, low pay

Former Employee - Product Specialist  in  Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Product Specialist in Orlando, FL

I worked at Toyota of Orlando full-time for less than a year

Pros

The fellow product salesmen (prods) became friends. I made some lasting friendships. We were all dissatisfied with management.

Cons

Low pay. Discouraging managers. The owners of the company where nice. The managers below them where mean to employees. Low level employees get paid almost nothing for 60+ hours work per week.

Be more accommodating to low level employees.

Business Development

I worked at Toyota of Orlando

Pros

Laid back work environment, friendly sales team, great team work among the floor, everyone wants to help you be successful

Cons

Poor morale, nepotism, gossip rampant, unbalanced workforce, sexist, expensive uniforms

This place has the potential of being a great place to work. The sales team does am excellent job of trying to make you the best. They are also super friendly. Sadly, room for growth with this company is limited unless your family. Nepotism and gossip is rampant here so be careful. This is the direct source of an unbalanced work force team. For example, in some departments they insist on only having men and then in some departments only having women. If you tried to ask why no real reason was given behind this or any reason given was flawed with old fashioned thinking and ideals.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very greedy owner and sons treat employees like dirt.

Current Employee - Product Specialist  in  Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Product Specialist in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Toyota of Orlando full-time for less than a year

Pros

Opportunity to make upwards of $1,300 (pre-tax) a week, when there are not many employees. (Often the company can't keep up with the high turn-over, so when a lot of people have quit/been fired, there is an opportunity to make decent money.

Cons

What everyone has been saying is completely 100% accurate.

1. They will make money of you at every opportunity. You are charged a huge markup on your uniforms. The uniforms are from Chestnut Hill. If you look at Chestnut Hill's website, the shirts are available for $23. Considering T of O buys them in bulk, I'd imagine pay less. They have their logo slapped on, and charge employees $45 per shirt. I'm told, once winter is over, we will have to do this again with a different color shirt. You also have to pay for your customers beverages. The customers will often ask for water, as other dealers, such as Carmax, offer them bottles of water as soon as they step on the lot. At Toyota of Orlando, the salesman has the option of paying a dollar a piece to buy his customers water, or telling them to pay for there own and risk losing the sale. (Nobody ever chooses the latter.) This is the first place I have ever worked that lacks a coffee machine in the employee break room. Want coffee? $1.50 a cup at the employee cafe.

2. You will have to work a minimum of 55 hours a week. If you haven't worked on straight commission before, this might seem like a good thing; it isn't. If you're not selling you're not getting paid. That means, if it's a slow, rainy afternoon, without a customer in sight, there could be 25 salesmen sitting around doing nothing, and they won't let anyone go home. Why would they? It's not costing them anything to have you there. Also, while you're not outside waiting for a customer (only three at a time can do this), you have to sit quietly at a round table and wait... for hours... and don't even think of touching your cell phone or bring a book.

3. When a new "class" starts you will not make money. Because of how often people quit, this company is literally always hiring. Once a month, a new class starts, sometimes with 10+ new employees. The store closes about 20% of customers that visit the store. If you're really good, you might close 1 in 4. When there are lots of other product specialists working, you will not see more than two customers per day. At that rate you will be lucky to get a sale every two days. At $150 per car, you will be earning on average $75 per eleven hour day. If a lot of people have quit recently, you might see four or five "ups" per day, but that's about as good as it will get, and it won't last.

4. You will be treated like dirt. This is probably the biggest "con", yet the hardest to elaborate on. I have worked at several other companies and a few other dealerships, but I have never felt as disrespected as I do here. And this is, without exception, the sentiment of every other product specialist at Toyota of Orlando.

Work on trying to improve moral. Cutting down on the high turnover and keeping good salesmen might actually improve you profits.

Previous review is no sour apple.

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Toyota of Orlando full-time

Pros

Toyota is an excellent product.

Cons

Sometimes with reviews it is necessary to weigh whether or not the reviewer is biased for or against or perhaps they were fired and want to spread bad things about the former employer. I to am a current employee and I can vouch for the previous reviewers comments. Everything that he stated about this company is true. There is a severe lack of moral among the staff as they treat staff poorly.

They need to treat employees better.

Great company.

Former Employee - Collision Repair Technician  in  Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Collision Repair Technician in Orlando, FL

I worked at Toyota of Orlando full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good pay, good outlook for the company

Cons

Some work may be boring

Keep on keeping on

They treat employees like slaves

Current Employee - Sales  in  Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Sales in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Toyota of Orlando full-time for less than a year

Pros

You are selling a great product. Can't beat Toyota.

Cons

They don't pay you spin money or pull checks from Toyota. They keep it. Employees have to pay 1.50 for the free coffee. You can't use the main restrooms, the elivator, or the owner's stairwell. You can only talk to the owner if he speaks to you. If you sell 20 cars a month you will only make around $3000 a month. They charge over $40 for shirts and $25 for a log book that is useless. Micro manage everything. No spit deals and you are not protected on deals. If a customer comes in and asks for you, if you are busy someone else can take your deal.if they see you using your cell they will take it or send you home. All in all they do not care about their Employees.

Treat everyone well and there wouldn't be such a high turn over.

Worked for Toyota of Orlando? Contribute to the Community!