TracFone Reviews in Miami, FL

18 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great Benefits, Things have changed

Former Employee - IT Operations and PMO Department in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - IT Operations and PMO Department in Miami, FL

I worked at TracFone full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

+ The CIO has a huge vision for where he wants to be.
    + Great company benefits
    + Within each team, you will fill secure and taken care of. If you play nicely..

I loved this company when I started here. The first two years of working here was a breeze and a dream. I had amazing managers and great co workers. Within the last year, things have gone a little haywire. There was a lot more politics once you move out of the world of IT Ops (which is no longer IT Ops really). I loved my co workers throughout my time there.

Cons

+ A lot of politics - you have to know who you can speak to, when you can speak to them, and how. If you don't get with the politics, you will drown.
    + You have to play nicely with others even when they don't play nicely with you.
    + Don't expect this to be just a job - it's a life. You will work overtime, you will work some weekends.

Managers need to motivate their employees more. Within the last year, the lack of motivation is making people look outside the organization. There isn't a lot of incentive to work nights, weekends, and push yourself to the max if you're not getting a lot of praise of compensation for it.

some departments are great to be in!

I have been working at TracFone full-time (more than an year)

Pros

have a positive experience so far. great department & mgr.

Cons

they keep forgetting to stock up on papercups by the water fountains.

company activities

Great people. Strange culture.

I have been working at TracFone full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Decent pay and bonuses. Friendly atmosphere.

Cons

Don't expect to be promoted. Most positions are filled with outside candidates. Internal promotions seem to happen only to those "connected" to upper management.

Pay attention to the serious interdepartmental fighting.

FINALLY !!!

Current Employee - Programmer in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Programmer in Miami, FL

I have been working at TracFone full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Finally there is a new leader and the start of leadership accountability. If only others would follow and learn what good leadership is. Watch and learn. Fingers crossed for their success

- good food cafeteria
    - growing company
    - fast paced
    - good peers

Cons

Political, leadership needs to learn how to manage. Building is overflowing because of growth and parking is tight

Focus on the people that work hard for you. Stop pointing fingers and work together. Look at the new example you have to learn what good management is all about.

Company Really Needs Help

I have been working at TracFone full-time (more than an year)

Pros

> People are nice enough
    > They have "ok" facilities
    > It's a good name to have on your resume
    > It'll lower your standards to the point you'll be really easy to please after working here

Cons

> Are ridiculously disorganized
    > Management lack any real people skills
    > Everything is a big hassle
    > A lot of people seem like unhappy zombies
    > Main entrance looks like a run down airport (company doesn't believe in being presentable)

Do an Undercover Boss episode or call in someone like Jon Taffer from Bar Rescue to revamp everything because this is sad.

Most unethical company I have ever worked for

Former Employee - Manager in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Manager in Miami, FL

I worked at TracFone full-time

Pros

Good location, central to turnpike

Cons

Unethical behavior at the executive level, Human Resources complicit in unethical behavior, sexual discrimination

Not the best

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I worked at TracFone full-time

Pros

Large company. Diverse. Pretty flexible work environment

Cons

In the department I worked in there were many colleagues who were very unprofessional, and management never took action. It became a fake and negative work environment which I believe caused people to be unproductive and lack motivation. Salary was very low and there was very little potential for growth.

Management did not care to see employees grow. In my opinion, the employees are 'used' for the management advantage. Poor management.

Enjoyable

Former Employee - Fraud Analyst in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Fraud Analyst in Miami, FL

I worked at TracFone as a contractor

Pros

diverse, multicultural, overall was hectic, quick paced and learning experience

Cons

hectic, poor mentoring, great eating place with large variety of food, considerate

House of Horrors meets The Freak Show

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Miami, FL

I worked at TracFone as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

It is a flourishing company that is doing well, and will do well for many years to come. Salaries are somewhat competitive.

Cons

This place is a house of horrors where the most grotesque forms of behaviors are displayed with reckless abandon.

People verbally fight over work disagreements, calling each other names as if they were in 4th grade. People become the average of the people around them, and as a result, the place is a garden of psychosis and sociopath behavior.

If you are a contractor, you will be look down upon, as if you were some unwanted mix of earwax and spit. You'd think you are back in 4th grade fighting bullies that are trying to steal your lunch money.

They really treat you like crap in such a manner that, if you ever had a disagreement or are not performing as the holier-than-thou management expects, they'll pretty much tell you that they can cancel your contract right there and then.

Of course that is true, but I have never seen such lack of manners, the unprofessional behavior towards other human beings based on one's contract status.

It is a 3rd-world-mentality caste system of sorts. Deeply disturbing to say the least that the established gentry makes you feel more like an indenture servant in colonial times than a college-educated professional in the 21st century.

And the worse is that they think this is the greatest thing since sliced bread, the invention of the wheel and the domestication of farm animals. Unwarranted hubris up to the wazoo.

Managers will admonish you, right or wrong, by waving a finger at your face, at eye-poking distance. Literally, you would think they pull their belts and hit you with it.

Comments that are inappropriate (read borderline harassment, think "vulgar" or "violent") are made on a regular basis. My honest impression is that sooner or later, a HR/legal time bomb is going to explode.

The software systems are a monstrosity with technical leads (and past contractors) being primarily responsible. With that said, the work itself is not bad, and the pay is not bad. It's just the people, my God, the people, the environment, the entire culture.

I blame this completely on upper management, from the CEO down to the satraps. As long as they make revenue (which they will for this is a very successful market), they don't have to change anything. It is an inertia-based gravy train greased by the fatty oils of violated carcasses.

Some IT groups might be good to work on, but the entire environment is toxic and vitiated.

You will know right away if you are in a decent team, or if you end up working the Children of the Corn.

Run away, run away. South Florida is not a tech haven, but by God, there are plenty of good employers.

You are beyond hope.

One Week working with tracfone was enough

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Miami, FL

I have been working at TracFone as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Good cafeteria and bathrooms, good computer setup, and quiet enviroment. highly organized but not enough trainning to new employees, quick access to tools

Cons

I was hired 2 weeks ago and they just decided to descontinue employment just because they believe I don't have enough experience. I did not have any chance to show my skills or profesionalism.

HR practices to be reviewed, treatment towars employees is uwful and unfair. No reason to dismiss an employee without a reason