TracFone Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.4
F. J. Pollak

Pros
  • this is good starting company, to learn, GOOD benefits (in 4 reviews)

• Good salary for the South FL area, solid benefits package, good work/life balance, stable company (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • gt; A lot of people seem like unhappy zombies (in 2 reviews)

• There is no wireless internet so people are running around with notebooks instead of laptops (in 2 reviews)

1. Was selected for an IT senior role.

Current Employee - Security Eng in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Security Eng in Miami, FL

I have been working at TracFone full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Managers , HR specialist , team leaders are friendly ,open , very respectful and polite. Company trust you as it should be. They are definitely heading in the right direction . I advice this place for engineers , security engineers , IT guys , programmers ,both experienced and juniors. This is one of this company that once you get it you likely get no reasons to get out

Cons

Should be more free stuff as coffee. I would advice to take IT to other building so you can get there in a less formal dress.

Advice to Management

Good place to work.5 start definitely .

Stay the F away

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I have been working at TracFone

Pros

few great people, friendly culture.

Cons

this place is for the UNSKILLED ENTRY LEVEL idiots looking to gain experience in any way shape or form.. the environment is unhealthy in some departments while many juniors that barely have a year of experience are in charge of very high and dangerous systems/tasks. This company's policies is all about cutting expenses no matter what the loss is. you will not find decent experience here at a senior level since no one stays due to the low salaries that are offered which are the lowest in the industry. You will find incompetence, you will find pathetic competition and A LOT OF kissing butt on a comedic professional scale that deserve Oscar awards.

Advice to Management

you guys plain SUCK. you are nothing but penny pinchers and have a great way in teaching the ones below you the awesome slave driving techniques you've written books on. there's no way this company will continue to grow as it's already hurting and not able to expand it's customer base with the many failed channels they're creating and are flopping continuously. Shareholders BEWARE!!!! the penny pinching specially for skilled employees is driving all your great resources away.. wake the F up.

Software Tester

Current Employee - SQA in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - SQA in Miami, FL

I have been working at TracFone full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly coworkers big parking lot and cafeteria inside. Good place for entry level

Cons

Low pay rates. Good people are leaving the company. No planning or process. Everything is unorganized from top to bottom. Family owned

Advice to Management

Hire some professional people

TONNES OF POLITICS : NO PEACE OF MIND FOR CONSULTANTS

Current Contractor - IVR/Cti Architect in Miami, FL
    Current Contractor - IVR/Cti Architect in Miami, FL

I have been working at TracFone as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

There is nothing like "PROCESS" for any thing at TRACFONE, all chaos.

Cons

The Level of politics between teams and within teams is way beyond imaginations. Tracfone already has bad work environment because of lack of proper processes. Adding to this is the politics and revenge politics making the work place even more worse. Consultants become scape-goats end of the day even after sacrificing so much including personal file. Managers try to complete things overnight on the cost of consultants life putting so much pressure to work all days and nights including weekends and must have to come to office anytime, even midnight. No concept of paying extra hours or comp-off, in fact consultants are expected to take even more pressure as you get used to it day by day. NO PEACE OF MIND FOR CONSULTANTS, will feel like worst time of life while working at TRACFONE

Advice to Management

Putting so much pressure can only lead to poor quality work.

IDIOCRACY

Current Contractor - Contractor in Miami, FL
    Current Contractor - Contractor in Miami, FL

I have been working at TracFone as a contractor

Pros

IT Managers are so ignorant about technologies.

Cons

When working here you can relate the movie "Idiocracy". Managers treat consultants like slaves as if they own you personally, they call you anytime even for small issues in DEV region they expect you to come over and fix overnight or even weekend. Once my manager asked me to come over in one hour from Atlanta to Miami for a small issue in SIT region that too when I was in vacation. Sounds so unreal, but things like these are common at Tracfone every single day.

Advice to Management

Don't treat consultants like pigs.

NIGHTMARE : RECOORPERATING

Former Contractor - Senior IVR Developer in Miami, FL
    Former Contractor - Senior IVR Developer in Miami, FL

I worked at TracFone as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I quit the job at Tracfone which is the only good part

Cons

Working for this company was like a Nightmare for me. Worst part of my career is working like a consultant at Tracfone. Everyday was terrible, I could not sleep properly thats how Managers used to harass consultants at Tracfone. It took two months for me to recover from Tracfone tragedy; Working here is crazy, even consultant families will be affected while working here. We even forget real work culture in America while working at Tracfone. Insane environment; hope this helps few consultants before making a decision to work at Tracfone.

Advice to Management

Consultants are also Humans not Robots, Please treat them with respect.

DOOR TO HELL

Current Contractor - Programmer Analyst Lead in Miami, FL
    Current Contractor - Programmer Analyst Lead in Miami, FL

I have been working at TracFone as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

It was a torture for so many days

Cons

Tracfone managers are insane, they exploit consultants like nobody else. Working at Tracfone showed me HELL for so many months. I learnt that we should not take up jobs without learning about the company work culture. Tracfone guys are Blood-Suckers, they have no humanity. Once my wife had an emergency, when I told my manager that I have to go to hospital, my manager did not permit. On top of this situation he went ahead saying I was lying to go home(In front of whole team). I gave my badge and quit the Job because Family is more important for me than Job. Be careful guys, Tracfone expects consultants to keep working all the time leaving behind your personal life.

Advice to Management

Please take behavioral classes to your Managers

IT Organization transforming the way!

Current Employee - Talent Leader in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Talent Leader in Miami, FL

I have been working at TracFone full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

1. Top level CIO who understands that Talent & Innovation are the key drivers to a successful organization - Comes from World class companies. 2. Very top end technology such as SOA & SmartCommerce technologies 3. Fast paced environment that mentally stimulates you 4. Great compensation packages if you can negotiate well on your way in 5. Very high tech industry that's always rolling out new stuff

Cons

1. Lack of overall appreciation of talent and currently in a state of evolution, HR can learn a bit from IT organization. 2. Consultant base of talent is non-existent - need to raise the bar on contingent workforce talent and get better resources and use less contractors this way.

Advice to Management

Leverage the fact you are a technology company at heart and drive innovation to bring better talent and run a leaner business because of it.

10. Customer service rep Will start you around 11 or 12 Training schedule will be for 10 hour days. Including weekends

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Miami, FL

I worked at TracFone

Pros

Family oriented Lots of help Willing to work with your schedule. 3 days off in a row during training schedule Opportunity for advancement.

Cons

A lot of employee issues Big on gossip Some employees drink at work. Parking sucks based on time you begin.

11. Initially started as a Customer Service Representative then promoted to Technical Support.

Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Miami, FL

I have been working at TracFone

Pros

Good training, pay and promotions!

Cons

Schedule for a single mom difficult to maintain with children in elementary school

RSS Feed </> Embed