TracFone

Updated Jul 4, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

F. J. Pollak

Great people. Strange culture.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Miami, FL

ProsDecent pay and bonuses. Friendly atmosphere.

ConsDon't expect to be promoted. Most positions are filled with outside candidates. Internal promotions seem to happen only to those "connected" to upper management.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to the serious interdepartmental fighting.

FINALLY !!!

Programmer (Current Employee) Miami, FL

ProsFinally there is a new leader and the start of leadership accountability. If only others would follow and learn what good leadership is. Watch and learn. Fingers crossed for their success

- good food cafeteria
    - growing company
    - fast paced
    - good peers

ConsPolitical, leadership needs to learn how to manage. Building is overflowing because of growth and parking is tight

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on the people that work hard for you. Stop pointing fingers and work together. Look at the new example you have to learn what good management is all about.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Regional Field sales manager

Regional Field Sales Manager (Former Employee) Denver, CO

Prosfast paced company. great balance. training was great.

Conspromoting was tough being far away from corporate.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Company Really Needs Help

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Miami, FL

Pros> People are nice enough
    > They have "ok" facilities
    > It's a good name to have on your resume
    > It'll lower your standards to the point you'll be really easy to please after working here

Cons> Are ridiculously disorganized
    > Management lack any real people skills
    > Everything is a big hassle
    > A lot of people seem like unhappy zombies
    > Main entrance looks like a run down airport (company doesn't believe in being presentable)

Advice to Senior ManagementDo an Undercover Boss episode or call in someone like Jon Taffer from Bar Rescue to revamp everything because this is sad.

Most unethical company I have ever worked for

Manager (Former Employee) Miami, FL

ProsGood location, central to turnpike

ConsUnethical behavior at the executive level, Human Resources complicit in unethical behavior, sexual discrimination

Disaster with little hope for recovery

ProsNo pros at this place. Probably the worst company you could ever imagine working for.

ConsAll employees have to work in ridiculously small cube spaces. All work cubes are out in the open, meaning zero privacy. The work environment is consistently loud, meaning no chance of ever having a quiet moment to concentrate. There's zero job related training made available to employees. You're expected to jump through hoops with zero recognition for accomplishments, and zero chance of promotion. If you manage to stick around for a year of hell, then you finally get to earn a small amount of vacation time, but not until you pass the one year mark. The smoking / outside lunch-break area is a small fenced-in area that looks more like a prison yard.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your employees and show them that they are valued

Not the best

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Miami, FL

ProsLarge company. Diverse. Pretty flexible work environment

ConsIn the department I worked in there were many colleagues who were very unprofessional, and management never took action. It became a fake and negative work environment which I believe caused people to be unproductive and lack motivation. Salary was very low and there was very little potential for growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement did not care to see employees grow. In my opinion, the employees are 'used' for the management advantage. Poor management.

Ridiculous politics, childish executives

ProsMy boss is great. They pay well. There is adequate parking. Some people are very bright – maybe like 1/3.

ConsThis place is ridiculous! There is no wireless internet so people are running around with notebooks instead of laptops. The SVPs and Exec team actually scream at each other. I was screamed at by an SVP. Literally screamed at – for pretty much no reason. I did make a mistake but it certainly did not deserve a 10 minute humiliation. It was the most unprofessional experience of my career. There are bullies. Tons of politics. I’m not used to working in such a childish environment so I don’t pay attention to the “rules” and it gets me in trouble. I’m just trying to get things done and there are all these unspoken rules and political struggles that everything is always at a standstill. It’s really frustrating. And some people are SUPER lazy. They don’t fire anybody so they have really talented people in with a lot of garbage.

Advice to Senior ManagementI’m sure you know the SVP I’m talking about. Get rid of her before she gets you guys sued. Maybe more than 5 days PTO?

Enjoyable

Fraud Analyst (Former Employee) Miami, FL

Prosdiverse, multicultural, overall was hectic, quick paced and learning experience

Conshectic, poor mentoring, great eating place with large variety of food, considerate

Good company, great oportunities.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Medley, FL

ProsLots of opportunities to move within the company. Great culture and people. Constantly growing.

ConsVery disorganized. Hard to collaborate with other teams.

Worked for TracFone? Contribute to the Community!