Tractenberg & Co.

Great Internship experience

Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Tractenberg & Co. as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Friendly work environment, free beauty supplies, a lot of insight into the industry.

Cons

Unpaid, sometimes the employees didn't really know what to do with us.

I WOULD'T WORK HERE IF I DID GET PAID MORE $

I worked at Tractenberg & Co. full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Made some great friends.

Cons

Running errands ALL-day-long and then they expect you to have time to do your work? It started to actually be funny. Not to mention the being a receptionist part as well. We had to pretend to be happy here - no one was happy. I dreaded going into work and being 3 minutes late - you would get yelled at (getting paid about minimum wage) Not really sure how Tractenberg is even in business.

LIARS & RUDE.

Tractenberg & Co. Response

Nov 21, 2014Vice President

We are sorry that your work experience here was negative. We really appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback and will certainly take it into account when shaping policies. It is an ... More

Nightmare!

Former Employee - Marketing in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Marketing in New York, NY

I worked at Tractenberg & Co. as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

There isn't any reasons people should work in this company. As an intern, they used me as worst as a boss girl. All I learn is to buy supermarket stuffs, sending you outside on a cold weather to pick up products. Make you walk all the way from China town to Brooklyn and then go back to the office in between 2 hours. Basically, traveling around the world. Even when I got injured. They didn't even bother to care about me and just send me to walk and walk and walk.

Cons

As an intern I came to learn not to be use. I don't mind that I don't get pay as an intern because I am willing to learn and help. All you do is to help them carry heavy boxes. There might be one thig I learned in this company, is to know how to package mails and boxes. THAT'S IT! Really disappointed.

I already shared my advice with the management, although I never seen her. They decided to email me instead of bothering to contact me in person. This is a messed up and irresponsible organization. It was a nightmare.

Unprofessional unorganized nasty place to work

I worked at Tractenberg & Co. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Union Square is easy to get to?

Cons

The other reviews (the real ones, not the fake fabulous ones written by VPs) tell the story of this little hell hole. The manner in which the VP's speak (down) to employees is disgusting. The mind games are gross. An office shrink should be on payroll not only to assist with breakdowns from junior staff but to also determine why the VPs see belittling and humiliating staff as management techniques. Bottom line - one of two scenarios going on here - either the President of the company sits in her pretty office and has no clue how her company is being run OR she sits in there knowing exactly how twisted the place is and doesn't care. My gut thinks the latter is at play here. Either way, you should avoid. Work at the Gap until something better comes along - they'll treat you better ( & pay you better). This place will never change. Do not waste a year of your career here. You'll regret it. You've been warned.

Maybe the time spent making up fun looking social media accounts and blog for the company should be instead spent determining how to slow down the revolving TB door ... just a thought. FYI - no one likes those things...sure the "girls" smile and tell you it's great but we all know it's not for the employees...just a façade for show - nothing more, nothing less.

Soul-sucking, career-ruining experience

Former Employee - Assistant Account Executive in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Assistant Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at Tractenberg & Co. full-time (less than an year)

Pros

(Some) free beauty products. A few nice-enough girls to commiserate with.

Cons

This place was a hellish nightmare. In PR, you can expect to be overworked and underpaid, but this place really takes the cake.

In a moral sense, the way you treat employees is completely unacceptable. In a business sense, keep doing what you're doing, it clearly keeps your business afloat (slave labor expectations, unlivable low pay)

Very disorganized and stressful.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Tractenberg & Co. as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Was able to participate with big time marketing campaigns for Avon, Biore, and Carol's Daughter.

Cons

Very stressful environment for full-time employees and interns. There was very little organization, and everyone seemed to be snapping at each other all the time because of the lack of organization. I was treated like an errand runner, and learned very little.

This place doesn't even deserve one star

I have been working at Tractenberg & Co.

Pros

As many beauty products you can carry home every day. That's it. I wish I could pay my rent in eyeliner - my salary was so low I needed to.

Cons

The worst management of any company I have ever worked at. The women (oh, and its women only, no men are allowed to work there) are so mean I don't know how they have souls any more. Stay away!

Get a new office.

Fire your VPs.

Hire a whole new staff who know what they're doing.

You will Lose Weight

I worked at Tractenberg & Co. full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Working here gives you access to some of the best fashion and beauty brands, in short the clients are great. The location is awesome too, you will be in the heart of Union Square.

Cons

No work/life balance, tremendous hours at extremely low salaries- glorified internship. Breaks for Eating of any kind are frowned upon.

Slave labor dressed up with free products

I worked at Tractenberg & Co. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

A lot of experience very quickly. Met a few truly good people.

Cons

Undoubtedly the unhappiest time of my life. Senior management is degrading, inaccessible and vapid...they worship Jacquie Tractenberg and try to hide from her how poorly they are managing their inexperienced and underpaid staff by blaming everything on them. Everything is an "emergency" - everyone is frantic and disorganized. Senior management never stays in the office past 6:15pm, and justify their inhumanity as "PR isn't for everyone." What goes on here is nothing short of abuse--it's not uncommon to see girls crying at their desks. 80% of employees are desperate to leave.

AWFUL

Current Employee - Account Supervisor in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Supervisor in New York, NY

I have been working at Tractenberg & Co. full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There is nothing, I mean nothing that is a pro. Nothing. Stay away.

Cons

I worked at this disaster of a company for a month. I was sold on it by a complete idiot recruiter. I should have read into all the red flags I saw when I interviewed. The management here is so awful. Ladies, stay away from this place. It's disgusting.

Fire yourselves or sell what's left of this dump