Tractor Supply

Tractor Supply Reviews

Updated Apr 4, 2014

Tractor Supply CEO Greg Sandfort

Greg Sandfort

Pros:
  • "Benefits are good to compaired to other companies"
    in 8 reviews
  • "In a successfully operated store, all team members will receive monthly sales bonuses"
    in 12 reviews
Cons:
  • "The assistant manager is lazy and pins all of his responsibilities on the team members"
    in 11 reviews
  • "Some upper management have no patience for mistakes"
    in 11 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Have fun, work hard, paid less than competitors

I worked at Tractor Supply

ProsYou do have great fun at the job. You have great work space in most roles. Great mid-management, but sr. mgt. proves their distance to you.

ConsLack of recognition, pay is less than competitors, and favoritism is experienced here.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your people more, get rid of the rats, support the team players, recognize good work, end the you suck meetings.

Work hard, Have fun, Make money. 1 out of 3 is what you'll get. You will work hard. Not much fun or money.

Store Manager (Current Employee)
Orlando, FL

I have been working at Tractor Supply full-time for more than 5 years

ProsEmployee discount. Even with your discount you will pay more than other retailers regular prices.

ConsTo many to list. If you are a manager you might as well be a day laborer. You will work just as hard for similar pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease payroll or close the doors. You are killing the people who make this company function. Your customers will never receive the service they deserve if you don't put associates on the floor. You know the turnover is a problem. Pay people what they are worth and you might keep folks who are willing to work hard. Rural King is on the way. You can't compete with them. You are going to lose your experience to them. React now or you will regret it.

Promotes idiots that know nothing about farming, or animals.

Part-time Sales (Current Employee)

I have been working at Tractor Supply part-time for less than a year

ProsI loved the customers and working with stuff I knew (farm, and animals supplies)

ConsManagement sucked. Promoted people to team lead who treated people terrible. Talked bad about 'unattractive customers' allowed the 'favorite' girl to chew tobacco on the floor.

Advice to Senior ManagementShape up and learn to promote the people who make the company look good. Don't ignore when people complain about the girl chewing on the floor, seriously, that is disgusting, and it isn't allowed. Store managers, etc should know the store inside and out.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

poorly managed

Middlefield, OH

I worked at Tractor Supply part-time for less than a year

Proswill hire you on the spot

Conspoorly manage, barely managed, as newly hired cashier, was left with others responsibilities, managers left for lunch together,leaving keys to belt buckle/jewelry display locked, made to sweep up spilled gavel, sawdust and ring out customers and load vehicles and answer phones while manager took nap in back

Advice to Senior Managementmy advice would be to start all over and hire new management

Fun

Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Tractor Supply full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe relationships we develop with our customers.

ConsPay not commensurate with the amount of hard work we put in.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive your store employees the time they need for professional development. It is very difficult to get time at the store.

prime example of how NOT to run a store!

I worked at Tractor Supply full-time for more than a year

Proscustomers were great and always patient

ConsDM was hired as an outsider and tried to run this chain like the one he came from.
listening to store manager state that he did not feel women should be in management. when I spoke to my DM about this NOTHING was done. Store manager was very discriminative against women. I contacted home office and it only got worse. I then resigned my position.

Advice to Senior Managementlearn to listen. your employees are your biggest asset and can help bring you up or take you down. the choice is yours as to which direction you go!

Tractor Supply aspires to a great set of values but falls a little short.

Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Tractor Supply full-time for more than a year

ProsThe culture of the "Out Here Lifestyle", the self made customers, and the mission and values of the company are the best I have come across. The company aspires to be supportive and treat team members fairly. There are plans for great growth in stores and support functions.

ConsSome of the growth has placed people in positions where the values and missions are not being lived out. Development of team members, listening, sharing of direction in daily activities, consistent application of store performance standards have taken a back seat to payroll performance and busyness brought on by a lack of common vision.

Advice to Senior ManagementHiring middle management from outside the company from unrelated retail sources seems to challenge Tractor Supply's ability to maintain its culture and grow from team staff those who possess the values of Tractor Supply. Everyone should be brought up on the culture!

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Not a good place to work.

Cashier (Current Employee)
Jackson, TN

I have been working at Tractor Supply part-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe only benefits are bonuses if you make the month plan and they work around school most of the time.

ConsThe manager has an impossible list of tasks for you to complete. The assistant manager is lazy and pins all of his responsibilities on the team members. The company hired team leads from outside of the company so they know nothing of their job and responsibilities. The "morals and values" that the company says that they stand firmly on is a joke. The store is very sexist. The men get away with being lazy and treating others like dirt but the females have to work their fingers to the bone and get reprimanded for the smallest of mistakes. Do not work here, especially if you are a female.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you are going to preach ethics, morals, and values you need to abide by them.

Great part-time job while attending school

Team Member (Former Employee)
Muncie, IN

I worked at Tractor Supply part-time for more than a year

Pros- Worked around my schedule
- Fairly straight-forward job
- Good customers

Cons- Wage
- Not a job I would build a career around

Love it

I have been working at Tractor Supply full-time for more than 8 years

ProsFrom working at the retail store and at the corporate office. This company really cares about their team members and does a great job promoting within. Also, with TSC growing so quickly, there are many opportunities

ConsAt the store level, as at any retailer, the work schedule can be a challenge with usually always working on the busiest days which include the weekends and mid evenings on weekdays.

Worked for Tractor Supply? Contribute to the Community!

Tractor Supply Videos

Tractor Supply – Why Work for Us?

Don’t let our name fool you. Sure, we may know a thing or two about tractors. But at Tractor Supply Company, it’s far from our only specialty. Our loyal customers come to us for expertise, advice, and thousands of… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Tractor Supply reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Tractor Supply CEO Greg Sandfort. All 165 reviews posted anonymously by Tractor Supply employees.