Tractor Supply

Tractor Supply Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Tractor Supply CEO Greg Sandfort

Greg Sandfort

Pros
  • Benefits are good to compaired to other companies(in 10 reviews)

• The customers are great and actually being able to talk to your customer is even better(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Team Members not having a good work ethic, creating drama(in 13 reviews)

• Some upper management have no patience for mistakes(in 11 reviews)

Great company to work for!

ProsTractor Supply holds to it's mission and values and is a great environment to be in. I've been with the company 4 years and in that time have had 3 promotions. This is a great place to grow and they have plenty of opportunities to do so.

ConsIt's hard to have a work life balance with the varying schedule, but thus is retail.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work!

Good people.

Cashier (Current Employee) Newport, TN

ProsGet to be part of community, good coworkers, steady job.

ConsIts hard work but rewarding.

More fun than most retail. Right ideas, but not too good at implementing.

Team Member (Current Employee)

ProsFun place to work. You certainly get lots of exercise! Pays better than a few corporations, although still not a living wage even in these rural areas.

ConsNot a living wage, partly due to the fact that at hiring, it was not disclosed how few hours we were actually going to be able to work. Even our management team is mostly not getting 40 hours, which discourages any interest in upward mobility. Lack of adequate training and communication. Day team ends up trying to train night team, and that should be management job not ours.

Advice to Senior ManagementBenefits? What benefits? Practically everybody is part-time. Set realistic goals based in local demographics, not on some broad average. Stock things appropriate to the area and the season on the area. For example, there is a limited market for rubber boots in the desert southwest areas with limited or no irrigation.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It's been a unorganized company

Team Member (Current Employee) Millbury, MA

ProsI like working there because I like to interact with the customers and make sure to greet and talk with them making them feel welcomed

Consthe constant payroll cut, poor management, its like "gossip town"

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider helping the stores that are already opened. Don't keep making new stores when the management barely knows whats going on in the stores they have. My manager isn't very good at the job they do and cannot manage people. Also if you wanna cut payroll then expect GURA scores to drop. If we don't have the payroll in the stores, then we can't be staffed properly and that what makes customers annoyed. If you can't afford to give us payroll then you shouldn't be opening new stores.

Team Lead

Team Lead (Former Employee) Hiram, GA

ProsGetting to assist with returning customers and building friendships with them.

Fast paced job, gaining a lot of customer experience

Good starter company for college students.

ConsThe pay wasn't great.

Heavy lifting, not really a con, but will take a toll on your back.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter pay

Retail with a need and want

Management (Former Employee) Oregon, OH

ProsCustomers, not pushy, knew what they wanted. Did not hesitate when it came to buy that particular item.Friendly and kind hearts, real down to earth type of people.

ConsManagement, Grinding and demanding, always pushing new employees, providing no training and just in so many words figure it out!!!! No time to train always busy with something else, My manager was the forklift master, selfish and arrogant as a greedy lawyer!

Advice to Senior ManagementLighten up and be like your customers!

The manager didn't know her butt from a hole in the ground. Lazy co workers. Very underpaid.

Team Lead (Former Employee)

Pros15% discount. That's about it. I said that's about it. Not many pros all cons terrible. Bad bad bad bad and bad

ConsThere are so many cons. The will give anyone a team lead job and not pay them and let them be in charge or opening and closing and counting money.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have got to give better bonuses. It's ridiculous. The company is strong profit wise but pay their employees terribly.

Tractor Supply Co

Receiver (Current Employee) Tupelo, MS

ProsI love the customers and the other employees.

ConsLow pay, poor management, I'm supposed to be full time & only work on average 30 hours a week.

Current Customer Solutions Team Member

Customer Solutions Team Member (Current Employee) Brentwood, TN

ProsFlexible, work life balance, awesome office culture, growth opportunity

ConsWorking on weekends gets a little tiring

Great job if you have an farm background and have a good work ethic.

Store Team Lead (Current Employee) Lufkin, TX

Pros98% of the customers are great. You get to know your regulars. Always something to do to keep busy.

ConsTeam Members not having a good work ethic, creating drama. Lack of patience/understanding of DM who leaves lists of stuff and he wants done NOW.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter DM's who are all on the same page with expectations, instead of leaving it to the individual.

Worked for Tractor Supply? Contribute to the Community!