Tradehome Shoes Reviews

1. Great training program for beginning sales

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Grand Forks, ND
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Grand Forks, ND

I have been working at Tradehome Shoes

Pros

Customer service is hard to find in many industries. They teach you how to.

Cons

One location until promoted, work can become monotonous

Advice to Management

Check in with your employees to understand future changes

2. sales associate

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Grand Island, NE
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Grand Island, NE

I have been working at Tradehome Shoes part-time (less than a year)

Pros

It will teach you to be an adequate and self reliant team member. Develops teamwork, and sales skills.

Cons

Very strict sales approach. Nothing to be faltered with.

Advice to Management

Make it a little more fun of an atmosphere.

3. This job sucks

I worked at Tradehome Shoes

Pros

Sales Experience. There really isn't any more pros to this terrible job. Seriously

Cons

Everything else, Management, Hours, Work life Balance, & The shoe selection

Advice to Management

Stop sucking

5. Good work place

I worked at Tradehome Shoes

Pros

Selling is awesome!!!!! Had a blast with commission!!! Really drives you!!!!! Taught me good managerial skills as well

Cons

This one is hard really enjoyed it..... Maybe better health care and higher commission,

6. Good successful company & still growing.

I have been working at Tradehome Shoes full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

They like to build from within. Yearly bonuses, good benefits, profit sharing, feels like a big family most times.

Cons

They are very cheap. They like to micromanage. They seem to be stuck on their old-school ways of doing things & make changes for the future. If you are good at ass-kissing you will seem to be more liked and go further than you should. There is zero marketing & hardly have a social network presence. We need to start sending out promotions to our customers since we are supposed to be known for our outstanding customer service.....

Advice to Management

Grow with the times and don't be afraid to make big changes every once in awhile. And stop acting like Tradehome is Mom & Pop business. We are a medium size business. There are over 100 locations in the US. Let's start making Tradehome a well known name. We are missing out on A LOT OF MONEY.

7. Great experience. Helpfull upper management

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Tradehome Shoes full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay good atmosphere. Wonderful customers and good employee discount. Full control of your store and a lot of freedom.

Cons

There are no con's for me. You get out what you put in. A lot of opportunities for advancement. Health care went up but that's it.

8. Customer service always comes first.

Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Tradehome Shoes part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Personnel are great to work with, management is very supportive and accommodating to college schedules, company has options to better yourself through management positions.

Cons

Can sometimes be boring/tedious work if customers are not in the mall/store.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to the stores surrounding Tradehome. When there are 7 other shoe stores within walking distance with lower prices, numbers aren't going to look so great.

9. Pay is not as advertised, employees are treated poorly.

I worked at Tradehome Shoes

Pros

Improve your skills in sales. Good discount online which is 60% off certain brands, OK company to work for if you are part time and not looking to make it a career.

Cons

It is advertised that store managers make an average of 50,000 a year. In this they are including your bonus and 401K and before tax salary. Even in the higher volume stores managers barely bring home 40,000 and that is after 10+ years being with the company. The regionals and owners use negativity and job threats to try and "motivate" managers and make pay increase promises that they choose to delay. It is also advertised that managers are expected to work a minimum of 45 hours a week when in reality if they work any less than 55-60 hours their job gets threatened . Very rare that full time employees get a day off and when they do their regional sends a job threatening email. Assistant managers are not allowed to work more than 39 hours a week so the company can avoid paying for their healthcare. Managers pay employees out of their pocket therefore if an employee does not sell , the manager loses money for paying them to be there and for not commissioning on what goes out the door. Regional managers will push store managers to let go of employees who are "unattractive" in fear they will not sell well for the company. Also, home office does not keep stores stocked in the shoes they are selling which makes it very difficult to sell product and beat goals!! When Tradehome asks you to move to a new store they say they will cover your move but when you send in your papers on what it cost, it's like pulling teeth to get money back, and most times you never do. I worked for this company for years and was great at my job, but I did not like the company I worked for so I chose a different job where I am allowed healthcare (that's affordable) , make double the amount and still get 2 days off a week! If you work for Tradehome, I hope you see this and realize what you're stuck in and get yourself out before you waste your life hoping for that "90,000" you'd get in a million dollar store because that will never happen!

Advice to Management

Start giving assistant managers healthcare and more than $8 an hour , pay as you promise, don't threaten jobs, and don't falsely advertise what managers will make. Your company is going downhill fast because YOU make the bad decisions. NOT your employees .

10. Your mileage will vary

Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Tradehome Shoes part-time (more than a year)

Pros

The part time people are usually nice and fun to work with. Some customers are very good to work with and it's a great environment to learn how to interact with people in a sales environment.

Cons

The hours are inconsistent, there's low traffic flow, inventory is second-rate, and sales goals are often completely unrealistic due to the overall lack of customers. Managers for this company are horribly inconsistent and district managers are overall unresponsive to regional issues. This company preaches manipulating customers psychologically in order to make sales, something very unethical. The pay also kind of sucks.

Advice to Management

The management training needs a huge overhaul. I've seen so, so many assistant managers leave in my time, mostly due to the management styles of store managers.

11. Authentic relationships with customers and co-workers.

I worked at Tradehome Shoes

Pros

Great for a summertime job in college. Trained on their steps of selling to ensure a true rapport with customers. Co-workers were INCREDIBLE. Very team oriented.

Cons

Slow mall traffic = no sales bonus